bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

well, it is based on the last fight, but what concerns me on behalf of maynard, is that edgars footwork and takedown defense is so good. If maynard comes in with a wrestling based gameplan i still think he will struggle with the timing. Bj did also have problems with holding edgar down. And if maynard struggles and use a lot of energy, i think he might gas out again. This fight favors edgar in my eyes regardless of what gameplan greg comes in with. But, from a betting perspective, the correct bet is maynard by decision, no question about that.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    That's what everyone thought last time. Edgar wasn't having. Stuffing Eddie Alvarez all day will do that.
    Maynard was more focused on headhunting in the last fight after he rocked Edgar so badly early on. Plus, he nearly gassed himself out in that 1st round and that weakened his takedown attempts the rest of the way.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last fight told us a lot about the fighters. Many are talking about Maynard gassing and how he performed worse than he should have. It is important to note that Edgar could have been recovering most of the fight from the first round. Yes, Maynard got tired, but is it safe to say that he had a harder time recovering from the energy he spent the first round than Edgar recovering from the multiple times he got rocked in that same round?

I'm not really sure what got the line changed significantly from the last fight. I was leaning towards Edgar, but I don't like him at the current price. I might take a decision prop on either fighter or wait to see how the line moves before making a play. A decision prop on the fight may also be an option.

First 12