NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Josh Neer a good play tonight?

I am looking for a fighter to parlay with Dominick Cruz. I was originally thinking Mike Easton, but his two year layoff has me hesitant. What do you guys think of Neer?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I would rather go with Shane Roller.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Neer is a solid pick for your parlay.

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Thanks, I just feel like his experience in the UFC will help him tonight. He's definitely a scrappy fighter....

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
    Thanks, I just feel like his experience in the UFC will help him tonight. He's definitely a scrappy fighter....
    Yeah... but I personally wouldn't count out The Polish Connection.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I would rather go with Shane Roller.
    I like roller and was tempted to throw him in my parlays instead of neer, but I went with neer. Grant is a solid wrestler with some smooth jitz, and he looked huge next to shane. Assuming the weight cut didn't hurt him, I could see that fight be long and grueling for both men and its a lot more close I think than people believe.

TS, I like neer and he's in most my plays so I hope he wins. They're both journey men tho and this could turn into a back and forth scrap that might be close - I'll admit I think neer is a bit over valued at -260.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    I like roller and was tempted to throw him in my parlays instead of neer, but I went with neer. Grant is a solid wrestler with some smooth jitz, and he looked huge next to shane. Assuming the weight cut didn't hurt him, I could see that fight be long and grueling for both men and its a lot more close I think than people believe.

TS, I like neer and he's in most my plays so I hope he wins. They're both journey men tho and this could turn into a back and forth scrap that might be close - I'll admit I think neer is a bit over valued at -260.
    I don't think Grant has beat anyone as good as Roller. Roller SHOULD win, and the fact that Jesse Bongfeld beat him makes me confident that Roller can, too.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I don't think Grant has beat anyone as good as Roller. Roller SHOULD win, and the fact that Jesse Bongfeld beat him makes me confident that Roller can, too.
    Roller has definitely fought better comp, I agree. Grant has fought some solid comp at ww too (losing D's to stun gun and hendricks - while losing, those are some solid wws), and I think size matters at times in this sport, and this could be one of those instances. Keep in mind Bongfeld is a good sized mw... He dwarfs shane. Again, I think shane will win because I believe his wrestling technique is much better (I am a firm believer that not all wrestlers are created equal - kind of my reasoning in taking a risk on brenneman over rumble, same with not all bjj black belts are created equal), but I think it will be close and I won't be surprised if grants cut was good and he muscles shane around to a UD. Shane is pricey at -190 is all, I think this is gonna be a grinding, close match. GL man, I hope you're right I will be rooting for shane.

MMAbetMASTA

now that I am thinking about it, ts, you should go with whoever you like most and if you like someone outside of roller / neer / wiman, take them because I think these fights will be closer than people think. I'm almost regretting taking neer because I think its gonna be a grueling and ugly close fight, usually is between two well rounded journey men. GL!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

grant has all the moves and hes tough as nails. roller is good but hes going to have his hands full.

i like neer tonight but its kinda pricey. i guess -250 -260ish is not that bad. i think he gets it done.

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I think Neer is a solid pick for your parlay.
    Good call. Just need Cruz and easy money time.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Round 3 - The fighters work jabs. Roller fakes an uppercut, but Grant makes him retreat with a left. They reset, and Roller misses with an uppercut. Grant a lands a nice right hand to the nose, but Roller shakes it off. Roller lands a nice overhand right elbow before shooting for a single leg. Grant puts his back against the cage, but Roller gets the takedown. Grant, though, slaps on a guillotine. It's deep. Roller escapes, but Grant immediately moves into an armbar. He starts to straighten it, and the ref calls it off. Roller never tapped, and he's pissed.

(grant won rounds 1 and 2)

Kaladarus

Good call Glitch.