gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by ghost kid View Post
    He chased with Rothwell on Saturday Night. That's better than any stand up routine around. Doesn't get any funnier than that.
    See? Now something like THIS, I can take and appreciate. He said something true and it was funny. No assumptions or jumping to conclusions or putting words in my mouth.

Ghost kid, respek.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Rematches are usually for fights that were very close or controversial, ex-champs that get dethroned, or long enough ago that the fighters have changed/improved if it's relevant. None apply here.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Rematches are usually for fights that were very close or controversial, ex-champs that get dethroned, or long enough ago that the fighters have changed/improved if it's relevant. None apply here.
    It's been clear that Koch has been making a run at the title. Should he be discounted because there is another guy making a run at it who has already beat him?

And why did we get stuck on Koch? I said I would love to see Mendes fight someone like Koch (using Koch as an example of a featherweight I would deem worthy of a #1 contendership match-up) - Doesn't have to be Koch. Would love to bet on him no matter who he faces in the division.

And they're giving Faber a chance to get at Cruz again in such a short amount of time... what do you have to say about that?
    Last edited by gabe; 09-28-11 at 04:18 PM.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha Glad Im not the only one who saw it like that! See ur on Mighty Mouse, he's +752 by decision at moment, just put a bit on it as a semi-hedge to my parlays that all have Cruz involved
    Yeah I'm one of those lone rangers on MM in this one. Not because I think it's an even fight... but b/c I think he has a better shot than the odds suggest. I think of MM being similar to Benavidez in a way and Joe could have won the split against Cruz in their second encounter - although I sided with Cruz.

Most are down on Johnson after he won that bs decision... but he's always game against anyone. Will be interesting to see 2 fast guys like this go at it.

I expected Demetrious to open at around +250 so I'm liking the value. He's at +375 right now and I'm also on him by decision at +752 which I agree is the most likely outcome should he pull the upset. And most bettors are probably saying how in the hell can anyone win a decision against Cruz? LOL... Well, everyone has an off night in this sport... including us peons that just bet on the fights.

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Faber is a marketing tool. He gets a free ride. Could see Koch get a shot after one or two more wins, and if its Mendes with the title, great. Feel a little bad about giving u such a hard time today. Just a little though. It was fun.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

THE ONLY THING I can give Koch credit for is his take down defense. He did shit else. I didn't think Koch did much to Brookins. If you think he did, good for you. Either way, he won the fight, and is worthy of a contendership match-up. If you disagree, that's fine, no need to argue with me.
    Im confused! Wasn't me who was just defending Koch's performance after you said it was horrible? It's not me saying he's not worthy of a contendership match-up

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

***Was it not me me rather

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Faber is a marketing tool. He gets a free ride. Could see Koch get a shot after one or two more wins, and if its Mendes with the title, great. Feel a little bad about giving u such a hard time today. Just a little though. It was fun.
    Koch seems to believe he deserves a title shot with the win over Brookins. I don't think he does. At best, a #1 contendership match.

Also, Chael Sonnen is 1 fight away from facing Silva again, only a year after they last fought. Silva was the last guy Sonnen fought, but Koch has beat a handful of guys since losing to Mendes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Im confused! Wasn't me who was just defending Koch's performance after you said it was horrible? It's not me saying he's not worthy of a contendership match-up
    You guys were saying he doesn't deserve to fight Mendes again, and fighting Mendes would be the only contendership match-up for him.

First 1234