SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Something to remember for tomorrows UFC.

I live in Denver ... our altitude will F--- you up.
    Although it doesnt seem to give Carwin a conditioning advantage, coming from sea level to fight a mile high will wear you out faster ... could be alot of fights ending inside the distance. i think Hunt/rothwell will probably not go the distance at sea level ... prob def wont go the distance up here.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    I live in Denver ... our altitude will F--- you up.
    Although it doesnt seem to give Carwin a conditioning advantage, coming from sea level to fight a mile high will wear you out faster ... could be alot of fights ending inside the distance. i think Hunt/rothwell will probably not go the distance at sea level ... prob def wont go the distance up here.
    Well, that's one way of looking at it, and it probably holds true in fights where one has a conditioning advantage over the other (Diaz/Gomi), but otherwise, both fighters should be effected similarly and fights could drag to a crawl resulting in lots of decisions.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Well, that's one way of looking at it, and it probably holds true in fights where one has a conditioning advantage over the other (Diaz/Gomi), but otherwise, both fighters should be effected similarly and fights could drag to a crawl resulting in lots of decisions.
    So we can be fairly certain Gomi will turn onto a flailing punching bag by the 4 minute mark of the first round as opposed to early 2nd.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

You raise a valid point. Maynard/Edgar I was in Colorado and one of the issues Frankie talked about was he didn't give himself enough time to acclimate to the altitude. He had flown into Colorado either the day of, or the day before the fight, while Maynard had been there training for at least a week or more.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Rampage, Broughton and Te-Huna have all been training at the new MusclePharm complex in Colorado in order to acclimatize

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

And Travis Browne joined Jones in Albuquerque

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

You catch the season premiere yet?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Of Parks and Recreation? Nah I'm still on Episode 10 of Season 3, should get through a few tonight tho!