Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Cain Velasquez opened as aan underdog to Brad Morris in his UFC debut.
    Are u sure, what site was that on?! I thought best it was at was -240.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Depends how could your stake control is. Doesnt matter on the sport if you dont know how much to stake or get carried away

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

**How good you stake control is rather.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The average mma better will just bet names; hence, why cain was an opening line dog in his first mma fight. As well, the average ufc better likes to take the major dogs who have names -- such as Rampage and Hughes at ufc 135.

I really think that exploiting the opening lines (something I personally don't do as I don't refresh my book 24/7) is the best way to beat mma. If you follow it closely and have an idea what the fight odds should be you can find lots of opening lines that will profit you greatly.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

It hasn't even fully taken off yet so the value will be there for a long time to come. In 10 years there will be no waiting weeks for an mma event.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    The average mma better will just bet names; hence, why cain was an opening line dog in his first mma fight.
    1: Provide some evidence that cain opened an underdog against morris. http://bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-...st-pierre-2-40 all the books here opened him the favourite.

2: What the hell does the opening line have to do with the average bettor?

3: Assuming the average bettor bets 'name' fighters, how on earth does that support the proposition that morris would be favoured, when morris was (and still is) a complete nobody?
    Last edited by v1y; 09-22-11 at 08:05 PM.

First 12