iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

The Fight was 100% Rigged...

If you think anything else you're are fukkin clueless...

Someone Post the gif or whatever the fukk you kids call those things so we can discuss..

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-19-15 at 05:29 PM. Reason: image does not exist

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

This is the first time I'm seeing this
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-19-15 at 05:30 PM. Reason: video does not work

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-19-15 at 05:30 PM. Reason: video does not work

ApricotSinner32

You can clearly see floyd is pissed and gave victor a few seconds to protect himself... floyd's body language is saying "Lets go you just headbutted me and kissed me I'm here to fight."

Not rigged but a massive mistake by victor. Slightly cheap but than again this is a fight and frankly im sick of fighters wanting to touch gloves all the time when the referees are not telling them to.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: onlooker, and NrmlCurvSurfr

iifold
    Update your status

1. Cortez with his head turned for sooo long...

Discuss..

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    You can clearly see floyd is pissed and gave victor a few seconds to protect himself... floyd's body language is saying "Lets go you just headbutted me and kissed me I'm here to fight." Not rigged but a massive mistake by victor. Slightly cheap but than again this is a fight and frankly im sick of fighters wanting to touch gloves all the time when the referees are not telling them to.

iifold
    Update your status

What is Cortez doing???

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nothing new

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Ok, now that I've seen it I have no clue how people are saying it was a cheap shot. The ref clapped his hands for them to start. Just because the dickwad decided to look at whomever, that doesn't mean they're supposed to stand there like donkeys and wait for him to turn his head back. Clap your hands = fight, no?

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Holy shit that was rigged, wtf is goin on?

Looked like that scene in that movie Diggstown where he gives the thumbs down

ApricotSinner32

Wait till you see the headbutt... was blatantly intentional.. kinda looked like how a bull tries to headbutt people. I think mayweather started seeing red and got very angry with the headbutt/kiss combo. He went into gorilla mode and capitalized on victor's mistake.

"If you make any mistakes you'll have to pay."
    -Floyd mayweather says to victor ortiz in the hbo faceoff video with max kellerman

iifold
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Ok, now that I've seen it I have no clue how people are saying it was a cheap shot. The ref clapped his hands for them to start. Just because the dickwad decided to look at whomever, that doesn't mean they're supposed to stand there like donkeys and wait for him to turn his head back. Clap your hands = fight, no?
    If HE started the fight back up, why is HE NOT WATCHING THE FIGHT!!!!!

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    the ref never clapped his hands, i dont know what the fuk he was doing, he was pointing to somebody outside of the ring

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Cortez deserved to be pummeled like that, what was he doing?

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    the ref never clapped his hands, i dont know what the fuk he was doing, he was pointing to somebody outside of the ring
    it looked like the ref clapped his hands, but then i dont understand why he is talking to someone outside of the ring while the fight started

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

never touched gloves and ref wasnt even looking

ref gives signal thats its clear to fight and he did not period

ortiz either threw it or smoked some hash before the fight to keep hugging and not even reacting to first punch

ortiz sold out the chicano nation

iifold
    Update your status

Who is the ringside ref on the apron encouraging the quickest 10 count in the history of boxing??

Man this is weird...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-19-15 at 05:40 PM. Reason: link does not work

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

It does kind of looked rigged with how cortez is keep looking at the score card and then just how he pushes mayweather away after like, oh I didnt' see anything but this clowns down, so it's ok, let me count his ass 10 so we can all go home and get my paycheck

ApricotSinner32

Joe Cortez clearly said... "Lets go"

I didn't hear that previously but that makes it an end of discussion. It's ortiz's own fault.

bettilimbroke999

Apology for the headbutt not accepted apparently

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Rewatch the tape. Cortez calls time after the headbutt...he deducts a point in all four directions..THEN HE CLEARLY CLAPS HIS HANDS AND SAYS "LET'S GO" INDICATING THE ACTION HAS RESTARTED....when he is looking away he is clearly saying to the time keeper "YOU STARTED THE TIME"

Monitor-Tan

Bottom line is this:

If you bet on Mayweather, you did the right thing..

If you bet on Ortiz.. What were you thinking..

The only real losers are people who had no money on this and wanted to see a good match and not end in a controversial way..

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

standard procedure for ref to BRING the gloves together to signal the fight is back on

not only did he not do this, he was looking and pointing outside the ring. and may didnt touch ortiz's gloves

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Bottom line is this: If you bet on Mayweather, you did the right thing.. If you bet on Ortiz.. What were you thinking.. The only real losers are people who had no money on this and wanted to see a good match and not end in a controversial way..
    This is also true. Mayweather would rather die in the ring than get a loss on his record. -500 I don't care still was cake.

Monitor-Tan

Mayweather didn't break the rules. It just wasn't classy standards so to speak..

If anythign it's the refs fault to blame..

After a warning is issued and points are deducted, refs bring both boxers to the middle and caution both fighters and warn them of a dq to prevent retaliations and to keep fight clean.. Further more, WTF was the ref doign to call the fight back on and looking away, that's the most retarded thing ever..

1 point for mayweather
    lesson learned for ortiz
    ref needs to never ref a boxing match again..

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Idk, i think thats a cheap shot by Floyd. Ya, Ortiz was dirty w/ the head butt...but cmon, dude was huggin you, and the second he let go, you swing twice right away? Just a cheap way to KO someone. A sucker punch.

Monitor-Tan

Yea but at the same time, you have to say, the ref should've never clapped his hands and said to fight and turn his head away..

If the ref never called it to fight, that wouldn't have happened..

I just see it as that the ref f'd up at a whole new level never seen before in boxing..

iifold
    Update your status

Ortiz's actions make no sense, after the fight he seemed clearly embarrassed, the smile on his face was mind boggling, it's as if they got over on him and he realized the joke was on him...

I don't know what to think.. Something doesn't add up here...

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post

Rewatch the tape. Cortez calls time after the headbutt...he deducts a point in all four directions..THEN HE CLEARLY CLAPS HIS HANDS AND SAYS "LET'S GO" INDICATING THE ACTION HAS RESTARTED....when he is looking away he is clearly saying to the time keeper "YOU STARTED THE TIME"
    you are smoking grass, if you say the ref, clearly clapped his hands, his hands appeared to come close to each other, but he clearly never clapped his hands.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Ortiz's actions make no sense, after the fight he seemed clearly embarrassed, the smile on his face was mind boggling, it's as if they got over on him and he realized the joke was on him...

I don't know what to think.. Something doesn't add up here...
    If you got paid millions to throw a fight youd be smilin too

ApricotSinner32

you are smoking grass, if you say the ref, clearly clapped his hands, his hands appeared to come close to each other, but he clearly never clapped his hands.
    Ref clearly said lets go = time in. End of story.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

and the rigged stuff need to stop..this ortiz guy shouldn't even been in the ring with money! his face was starting to bruise up and money was having target practice !

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Clearly, you didn't watch the fight? If you did, the ref brings ortiz to his corner after going to each judge and tapping his head, saying "1 point for head-butt". After that he says to ortiz, "what's wrong with you, huh? don't be doing that. Don't be doing that." He then brings them to the middle and says, "let's go" and claps his hands.

I think the reason ortiz was smiling is because he felt he got knocked out cheaply. I would think one would either laugh at the bs or be enraged.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

You get these types of threads when idiots that don't know/don't watch boxing and a couple of times a year tune into a fight or two.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ian

1234 ... Last