shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Your opinion on these 2 questions....

1. Will the commision step in and do a dq or some sort of changing of the result?

2. Will floyd retire again?

I think they may make this a no contest, and something will be done with the ref.

i also see floyd retiring again and blaming fans, boxing, hbo as his reason.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

The referee definitely screwed up. He said "Let's go!" to the fighters, then like a senile old man, immediately forgot that he just said that, and started having a conversation outside the ring instead of taking the fighters by wrists and locking them, as happens over 99% of the time in these situations.

Floyd is the beneficiary of this idiot ref, and the outcome will not be changed. Floyd by KO will stick, but of course the Ortiz camp will try do what they can to make a case. Maybe they'll at least pressure Floyd's camp into a rematch, but that would be super-lucky. Prolly won't happen.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

I agreed 100% with Haunting, he said "Let's go". That was pathetic, but it was not illegal.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

1. No

2. No

The comission wil not change the result. They should atleast make sure in the future the refs has everything under control before he lets them go but they wont do anything.

MMW will fight Pacroid, too much $ not too. But then again, i thought by now i they would be on the rematch making more $ and that isnt the case

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

I cannot stand Floyd, and it was a total bitch move, but there is nothing to overturn. Protect yourself at all times. Everyone is hating on the ref, but Ortiz did not do himself any favours. Why would he apologize for an obvious head butt. Just keep fighting and pretend to be sorry about it after the fight.