hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

yes, mayweather showed poor sportsmanship. but ortiz' headbut was clearly intentional. why the hell was he so apologetic? it didnt look like an accident. mayweather was dominating him. look at the connect % for both fighters. mayweather would have won by decision without the cheapshot. i still lost respect for him though. lost respect for him also by the way he treated his father also.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

People still arguing about this? The ref said fight, so it wasn't a cheap shot. Ortiz should've had his guard up. If the hit was illegal, the ref would have disqualified Mayweather.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    People still arguing about this? The ref said fight, so it wasn't a cheap shot. Ortiz should've had his guard up. If the hit was illegal, the ref would have disqualified Mayweather.
    ref never said fight, 99% of the fighters out wouldn't have taken that shot if given the opportunity

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

It doesn't matter what others fighters would do.. this is the biggest fight of ortiz's life and he is not smart enough to protect himself at all times and we are gonna blame floyd for that? People should be laughing at the fact that ortiz has half a brain. Also joe cortez clearly said lets go.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

A black cheating athlete... hmmmm.. very telling..

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    A black cheating athlete... hmmmm.. very telling..
    what race are you? Alien?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    what race are you? Alien?
    Are you Money's son?

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Are you Money's son?

What race are you? Or you are too scared to post a pic of yourself?

ApricotSinner32

Peoples arguments about mayweather not being fair/unsportsmenlike is ridiculous.

Basically their mentality is "You have to notify your opponent in a title fight when you're going to punch him or else it's not fair"

Pure bullshit

ApricotSinner32

In other new it is kind of funny how floyd mayweather's finacee bet on floyd to win by 4th round knockout

Can't call it fixed because floyd is making 40 million for the fight probably so 2k aint shit.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    ref never said fight, 99% of the fighters out wouldn't have taken that shot if given the opportunity
    Ref did signal them to begin fighting. Go find a clip on youtube. He says, "Let's go" and he signals them to start fighting again. Go watch the video. I know you hate Mayweather, but the hit was clean.

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    Ref did signal them to begin fighting. Go find a clip on youtube. He says, "Let's go" and he signals them to start fighting again. Go watch the video. I know you hate Mayweather, but the hit was clean.
    just responding to you saying he said fight, which he did not say, obviously fighters are used to refs saying fight or box and thats why ortiz didn't think the fight had resumed, i don't hate or like any fighters i don't know them, but thhere are fighters that i like to watch, bottom line he won with two sucker punches

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Peoples arguments about mayweather not being fair/unsportsmenlike is ridiculous. Basically their mentality is "You have to notify your opponent in a title fight when you're going to punch him or else it's not fair" Pure bullshit
    no just don't sucker punch a guy thats all

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

How many times is Mayweather suppose to kiss and hug Ortiz? that was like a 2 minute ordeal.

After the first punch why did Ortiz just stand there and look over at the judge? You just got punched, you think another punch isn't coming?

In the end Ortiz wasn't going to win that fight, so the result doesn't change anything.

Also, Larry Merchant needs to retire. I have been saying this for the last couple of years. What he said to Mayweather is pretty funny, but the only reason he can say that is that he is so old that no one is going to punch him because he would die. If you Merchant isn't a dick to Mayweather go watch his interviews between the two for the last 2 years.

Does merchant even think up his questions in the interview? I bet he just stands there and is told what to say...I'm probably wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    In other new it is kind of funny how floyd mayweather's finacee bet on floyd to win by 4th round knockout

Can't call it fixed because floyd is making 40 million for the fight probably so 2k aint shit.
    smh

People believe anything they read. That could be anybodies ticket.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Never saw the video of him disrespecting his father, he is talented but someone needs to knock his arrogant ass out. Manny needs to get it done

alvinsmith
    alvinsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gayweather is sucks! A coward knock out and don't even respect Larry Merchant!

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Mayweather hit him with a legal cheapshot. If Ortiz didn't protect himself before the left hook, maybe he should have right after, before that straight right missile landed on his chin.

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    What race are you? Or you are too scared to post a pic of yourself?
    Hey tard answer me

First 1234