frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by AribaAriba View Post
    typical black thug displaying his character LARRY MERCHANT for President
    That clips was single handley the best thing that happened in the fight, besides the main event introduction

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

well they touched glovex and backed up, ortiz left his hands down and got knocked out

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

notice mayweather sets his hands then strikes

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    that gif reminds me of some tank abbott shit

swinging at a man twice with his hands down

and on top of that, ortiz was looking at the ref with confusion before the knockout blow

Tank Abott does not deserve to be in the same conversation.....

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Ortiz tried to fight dirty and got knocked the fuk out. It is that simple. Before every fight the ref tells both guys to protect themselves at all times. Ortiz didn't and he took another loss. He can cry for a rematch but quite frankly the results will be the same. Floyd loves being the bad guy. It sells. Larry Merchant is a douchebag. He always sounds like he is constipated and makes no attempt to ever be impartial. It is why Hopkins threatened him. It is why Toney smacked him. HBO needs to send the old fart to pasture and hire Tyson.

Thanks to Pinny, 5D and the new local outs I met in Macau for caking me up tonight. Thanks again Floyd. Get a deal done to fight Pacman in April or May. Floyd wins by TKO in 10.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Mayweather was leading 3 rounds to 0 and was heading to a 10th rd TKO. WTG to Victor Ortiz for headbutting mayweather throughout the fight and for getting frustrated in the 4th rd and went for THUNDER from Killer Instinct headbutt that lead to him eventually getting knocked out. EYE FOR AN EYE BITCH!

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Mayweather would be picking up his teeth if he tried that on Pacquiao.

Oh wait hes to much of a puss to get in the ring with Pacquiao.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

The ref clearly says "Let's go," for the fighters to start boxing again. At this point you are to start boxing, not start hugging. Ortiz went in for a hug and that was enough, he should have started boxing after that, but he didn't. Even after the hug he still wanted to apologize. Mayweather accepted Ortiz's hug, then immediately preceded to box. In which case he knocked Ortiz's ass out. But the ref clearly says, "Let's go," and signals the boxers to begin fighting. There was nothing dirty about his knockout. Only thing dirty was Ortiz's headbutt.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

It's like... why would the ref count Ortiz down, if he hadn't signal the boxers to start fighting??.. How come none of you people who are saying it's an illegal punch, asking yourself this question. The ref is a professional and he knows the rules. If he didn't call them to start boxing, he would have sent Mayweather to his corner after the "illegal" punch. But he had signaled them to start boxing long before the knockout and there was nothing wrong with the knockout.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Give me a break, he was kicking this dudes ass for 4 minutes, and who the hell does what this guy did? He deseved to get knocked out

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    He landed 75% of his punches compared to ~25% from Ortiz. He's 10 years older.

What fight were you watching bud?
    these idiots have hatred for Floyd so that is why they make the comments they make. I surely am not a fan of his but Floyd was toying with him. Ortiz wasn't hitting shit that is why he tried the head butt. People calling Floyd a coward but would high tail it if Floyd was anywhere near them. I thought Floyd looked great last night. I love to see him get his teeth kicked in also but reality is what i take from a fight and the reality is that Floyd was kicking Ortiz ass and it would have gotten a lot worse.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I had mayweather winning by ko... was rooting for mayweather. Yes floyd was winning the fight but he did not look great to me. Looked a lot slower.
    maybe your tv was set on slow motion speed. Floyd was picking him apart with speed.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

At least I won mayweather ml and under. I don't know what to say about it. I'm amazed.

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Didn't something happen in the mayweather vs mosley fight 9th or 10th round where the fight kind of stopped and the two were talking about back and forth about a cheap shot taken? Anyone have a clip of that or know exactly what happened?

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeT View Post

Mayweather almost had to pick up his teeth after that headbutt. IMO, the headbutt was worse.

wikkidinsane

you got that twisted. Pacman too much of a puss to test for steroids. Hes scared of needles hahah gtfo! All he gotta say is yes he will submit to olympic style testing and the fight is on. I think he is on something too. That skinny lil asian became big overnight gtfo of here.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    My take on the whole fight is that Ortiz's headbutt was certainly intentional and horribly timed, as he had Floyd in a good spot. If you wanted to use some dirty tactics, to possibly throw Floyd off his finesse boxing style, you didn't want to do it then. Not sure if anyone else noticed it, but Ortiz was being aggressive with his head and there were some more subtler butts going on. Either this fight was fixed, which when taking into consideration the hype, the fight, and the interview, it felt like a wrestling match, or Ortiz was trying to fight dirty, poorly timed his headbutt, felt embarrassed, tried to cover up his intentions, and put the match in a unique circumstance, which he caused. In a round about way, Floyd's interview reveals that he felt one cheap shot deserves another...though he didn't want to say that outright.

If this drama hadn't occurred, there's always the slim chance that Ortiz wins. But let's all be honest here, Floyd was out-boxing, out-power-punching, and was much more ring efficient. This match was getting ugly and one-sided fast. It was a horrible ending and both fighters are to blame...personally, if you want to argue that the match was fixed, I couldn't steer you otherwise.

Floyd did show that he's as villainous as ever, but he's still got it.

In other news, anyone else think that 50 cent looked a little different? Personally, he looked HIV positive...lost a bunch of weight and looked rather jaunt compared to his past form.
    50 cent lost all that weight for movie role. forgot the title of the film

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

was a cheapshot but it didnt matter floyd was dominating him in the punch stats. ortiz wasnt landing anything his connect % was pathetic. lost respect for floyd, but i also dont excuse ortiz for the headbut. it was clearly intentional. i am happy ortiz was apologetic, but he still intentionally launched his head into floyd. i think floyd got so pissed that he lost reason. just like tyson lost reason when he got pissed when holyfield butted him.

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Ortiz forgot about the golden rule: 'Hand Down, Man Down'

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Mayweather was leading 3 rounds to 0 and was heading to a 10th rd TKO. WTG to Victor Ortiz for headbutting mayweather throughout the fight and for getting frustrated in the 4th rd and went for THUNDER from Killer Instinct headbutt that lead to him eventually getting knocked out. EYE FOR AN EYE BITCH!
    Was leading 3-0

Go watch the fight guy.

Mayweather is a bitch thats scared of pacman.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by jonal View Post
    Didn't something happen in the mayweather vs mosley fight 9th or 10th round where the fight kind of stopped and the two were talking about back and forth about a cheap shot taken? Anyone have a clip of that or know exactly what happened?
    same thing he hit mosley on the break, sucker punched mosley with a left a hook

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Was leading 3-0 Go watch the fight guy. Mayweather is a bitch thats scared of pacman.
    pcman is fat, don't wana fight no more

phillybadboy

you got that twisted. Pacman too much of a puss to test for steroids. Hes scared of needles hahah gtfo! All he gotta say is yes he will submit to olympic style testing and the fight is on. I think he is on something too. That skinny lil asian became big overnight gtfo of here.
    pacman 5-8 148, mayweather 5-9 150, they're not big at all, but fight is lame anyways now, both past their prime, shoulda done it 5 years ago

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Damn joke. Reason why i dont watch boxing anymore and would never pay to watch it. The sport itself has became a joke.

wikkidinsane

watch pacman fights before he blew up...

phillybadboy

so 5-8 148 is blew up to you? i know plenty of 5-7 5-58 guys who weigh more than that and don't even work out

phillybadboy

yes pacman was very skinny, in his older fights, but so was mayweather, and 90% percent of all the fighters fighting in the lower weight classes they look like skin and bones, they have to starve themselves to make weight, pacman 5-8 148 and mayweather 5-9 150 is nomal weight for normal people, you don't have to take steroids for that, but i think you already know that and are just trying to make a point, but if you're trying to say pacman juices you gota point out something else because his size is normal

phillybadboy

ps pacman is too fat to fight now anyways too busy with congress

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    That clips was single handley the best thing that happened in the fight, besides the main event introduction
    I agree best ever

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Points Awarded:

wikkidinsane gave marcoloco 8 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: AribaAriba, and wikkidinsane

Spaceman Spiff
    Spaceman Spiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

I'm pretty sure Pac agreed to Floyd's demand of Olympic style testing 14 days before the fight, but Floyd found some other reason not to fight.

phillybadboy

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    I'm pretty sure Pac agreed to Floyd's demand of Olympic style testing 14 days before the fight, but Floyd found some other reason not to fight.
    no guy doesn't wana give blood while training for a fight, believes it weakens him, which can be true, plenty o people pass out from gettin tatoos and from having blood drawn at doctors office

SCRAGGS
    The toe is back
    SCRAGGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

had 300 on Ortiz

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

very true

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    Ref never said to fight, he was still with the scorers to penalize the headbutt

like mayweather or not(he`s a despicable human being)it was the best thing that could have happened to ortiz...he lost every round...was getting embarrassed...it was only going to get worse......so the beatdown was overshadowed by the controversy.....very fortunate for ortiz....

cortez f`ed up....instead of controlling the fighters,he was looking at the timekeeper......joe should change his tagline to,"i`m fair but unfit".....boxing should sanction his ass and keep him away from high profile fights for awghile....unforgivable blunder...

it was obviously a legit shot...there was no point deduction or d.q......as hated as mayweather is,if something could have been done punitively,it would have been done.....but it was well within the rules....he didn`t ask ortiz for a hug.....lol

finally,i was very glad to see someone put the hbo clowns in their places...so sick of hearing them shill for hbo house fighters.....the hbo gang was so far up ortiz ass,they could smell his shampoo.....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 09-19-11 at 06:01 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hockey216

First 1234 Last