Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

nooo

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

I hate Gayweather with passion but Ortiz doesn't stand a chance. Save your money pops.

jimk6969
    Update your status
    jimk6969's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11621

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Im not saying it is rigged, Mayweather knows he can't lose, thats why he took the fight...
    100% correct all about the $

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I have 867 points to your 1734 points that mayweather will win inside the distance.
    I have plans for a lot of my points already, but if you'd like to risk 250 to win 500, I'm down. We could throw in an avatar bet to sweeten the deal - winner selects an "sbr legal" avatar for the loser to sport for a month. This way I won't have to look at your stupid ass mayweather avatar for at least that long.

Just confirm this in this thread before the PPV starts and we got a bet. (If you wanna throw out the avatar idea, that's fine, doesn't matter)

RED
    RED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If there is a chance its now
    I agree, also some value. Worth at least $100 just for kicks

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got Ortiz for $50 to win 300ish. Saw his last fight; he isn't refine but he got heart.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Why wont he fight Manny then?
    manny is obviously on illegal supplements...there is absolutely no reason for him to not have blood tested randomly before the fight...weeks before or day before, theres nothing medically that says its does any harm... and its a money thing too...

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    manny is obviously on illegal supplements...there is absolutely no reason for him to not have blood tested randomly before the fight...weeks before or day before, theres nothing medically that says its does any harm... and its a money thing too...
    So we agree that Manny is a cheater, and Floyd would lose because he is a cheater, So Floyd fights guys he knows he can beat for less money...

So we agree all along, no need to get so upset...

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

-470 bookermaker GO GO GO GO GO

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Bet Summary - Good Luck!
    16 September 2011 22:19:55 GMT-8
    Victor Ortiz v Floyd Mayweather Jr*Straight Up Winner Odds Stake *Win
    Victor Ortiz +450 USD50.00 USD275.00

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Bet Summary - Good Luck!
    16 September 2011 22:19:55 GMT-8
    Victor Ortiz v Floyd Mayweather Jr*Straight Up Winner Odds Stake *Win
    Victor Ortiz +450 USD50.00 USD275.00
    5dimes has +560 not that it will make a difference ortiz isn't going to win.

HauntingTheHoly

Those of you betting Oritz at +450 are screwing up BIGTIME. Why didn't you jump on it when it opened at +600? That line sat there for WEEKS like that and you wait until the last minute to take 450? What did you think, people were gonna pound Mayweather at -1200 so hard that it drove Victor to +900?

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rios cracks me up........

Brandon Rios Says Victor Ortiz Life Story Is a Lie, Image Is Phony

Victor Ortiz has his fair share of doubters heading into Saturday night.
    None bigger than Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios.
    The WBA lightweight champion grew up in Garden City, Kansas alongside Victor Ortiz, who is a day away from a pay-per-view mega fight with Floyd Mayweather . Through HBO’s reality series 24/7, the public has become quite familiar with Mayweather after several appearances, but it is Ortiz that the world is beginning to learn about.
    The allure of Mayweather is that he is comfortable playing the role of dastardly heel. Juxtaposed with smiling, clean-cut foes, “Pretty Boy” makes for easily marketable bouts, including the biggest pay-per-view event of all-time against Oscar De La Hoya.
    In Ortiz, a De La Hoya protégé and Golden Boy Promotions product, the public has been presented with an easily adoptable charge. The 24-year old is a young, good-looking, happy-go-lucky fighter with a heart wrenching back story, of whom American and Mexican fans can both take ownership of.
    “People think he’s a nice and gentle kid,” said Rios. “That’s just the image people want to see. But people don’t know the real story and the real side of him.”
    The “real side” of Ortiz is something Rios claims to have seen firsthand, long before fans were dishing out $55 to see him fight on Saturday.
    Rios and Ortiz are known in the boxing community to be mortal enemies, along with their trainers, Robert Garcia and Danny Garcia, whom both met upon moving from Kansas to Oxnard, California as amateur fighters. Robert and Danny are brothers; no longer on speaking terms after Ortiz left Robert to train with Danny.
    “Victor left Robert, which is no big deal, that’s between him and Robert. But when he left Robert, he started talking shit about me. He started telling some people that I’m a fa\*\*ot and this and that, that I’m a crackhead,” said Rios.
    Over the years, there has been lots of speculation as to how the feud between Rios and Ortiz started. Rumors floated around that Ortiz had slept with Rios’ wife, or that Rios was jealous of Ortiz achieving mainstream success before he did.
    According to Rios, after a three month stint in a Kansas jail, he traveled home to visit his probation officer, and called up Ortiz to congratulate him on a recent victory. It was then that things turned sour, as Rios claims Ortiz brushed him off during the phone call.
    When Rios returned to Oxnard, people in the city and at the boxing gym told him that Ortiz had been gossiping about him and Robert Garcia.
    “Everyone’s telling me that he’s been saying I’m a fuckin’ crackhead, that I’ll never make it, I’m a nobody, I’m a **** up. Which, at that point, I’ll agree with him, yes I was a **** up, I’ll admit it, yes I was getting into trouble and stuff like that. But c’mon dude, you don’t fuckin’ go behind somebody’s back and talk shit,” said Rios. “I mean literally, he was always ******* with us, with Robert, with me, doing flyers saying Robert’s a rapist, that he’s a molester.”
    Last year, Robert Garcia told Ernest Gabion of ***********.com that he received phone calls from someone threatening to hurt him and his family. Garcia heard the man on the phone ask “where does he live, Victor?” and surmised that Ortiz was sending a hitman over a purse he alleges his former trainer stole.
    Rios says the threats were far more real with him. He claims Ortiz told the man who had harrassed Garcia to shoot him.
    “He had a guy come to my house. He went to my house—at the time it was my girlfriend, now she’s my wife. The guy pulled up behind me, I forget which fight we were watching, but he pulled up behind me. And then when he pulled around, the guy that (Ortiz) supposedly got, and we know it was him because the guy even told us. He pulled behind me and he got out with a gun and he pointed it at me, but I took off running,” said Rios.
    The image of Ortiz sending goons to someone's household is in stark contrast with the portrait painted of him over the years. The story of the WBC welterweight titlist being abandoned by his mother at age 14, and his father shortly thereafter is well-known in boxing circles. After the two left foster care, Victor moved to California to start his boxing career, and eventually took custody of his brother.
    “That’s fuckin’ fake. That’s just a fantasy land that he’s living in,” said Rios. “He was never in foster care.”
    When reached for comment, Ortiz's manager Rolando Arellano was dismissive of the claims.
    "Victor respond to Brandon Rios? Not worth his time. We don't give a **** what he says, he's insignificant. We're fighting Floyd Mayweather. He should go back to Kansas. We make more money on training expenses than he does for a title defense. Who cares," said Arellano.
    Mayweather recently questioned the validity of Ortiz’s life story at a press conference as well, saying he knew “the real truth,” and that Ortiz had actually gone to high school in California.
    It’s possible that Mayweather consulted Rios in order to come to that conclusion, as “Bam Bam” insists that Ortiz left home on his own accord, and that a local elementary school teacher offered to take Victor into her home. Allegedly, he accepted and moved in, choosing to live there instead of with his father.
    “Victor was embarrassed, he was ashamed of his Dad, he was ashamed of how he was living,” said Rios.
    Ortiz said on the 24/7 series that his father recently had harsh words for him, and mocked that fact that Victor had “his” last name tattooed on his back.
    “His Dad is still there, his Dad loves him,” claims Rios. “Look at it from the first interview where he tells the story, it always changes. It changes all the time. This guy’s lived the life of three people already, three lifetimes. What the ****? The way he’s talking about the way he lived at eight years old. That’s insane. That’s ******* insanity right there.”
    During the final week of media appearances, Mayweather has aligned himself with Ortiz’s enemies, heightening the animosity at the right time in terms of pay-per-view promotion. The undefeated welterweight has also extended the invitation for Rios and Robert Garcia to walk him to the ring on Saturday.
    “I don’t wanna do that. I don’t want them to say oh, he lost because Brandon was there. **** that, I want him to be on his best game so he can fuckin’ see what level he’s at.”
    Just as he scoffs at Ortiz’s every word, Rios questions his chances of pulling the upset.
    “If he goes in and tries to bang with him, Mayweather’s too smart and too fast, and he’ll catch him and eventually knock him out,” said Rios

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

5dimes has +560 not that it will make a difference ortiz isn't going to win.
    Sinner I only have two books my local and intertops.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

So we agree that Manny is a cheater, and Floyd would lose because he is a cheater, So Floyd fights guys he knows he can beat for less money...

So we agree all along, no need to get so upset...
    i guess you dont realize that previous odds had mayweather a favorite...so why is it that you or anyone else thinks floyd would automatically lose??? do some reseach son and stick to 13inch tvs... what on earth makes you think floyd is scared of any man, at any size? throw more money at floyd and he is game...why agree to a 50-50 purse when one guy is an obvious cheat and is basically dodging an agreement to be tested that wouldnt have any bearing on the fight at all (except prove he takes something illegal)...have pac agree to the terms or give floyd more money for fighting a guy who is juicing...thats how you get the fight to happen...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

24/7 tried their best to make it look like he has a shot... Guess it worked...
    Yup, we saw the same effect with Ricky Hatton too.
    Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    Ortiz shouldnt even be in the same ring with Mayweather. Gonna be totally outclassed.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    i guess you dont realize that previous odds had mayweather a favorite...so why is it that you or anyone else thinks floyd would automatically lose??? do some reseach son and stick to 13inch tvs... what on earth makes you think floyd is scared of any man, at any size? throw more money at floyd and he is game...why agree to a 50-50 purse when one guy is an obvious cheat and is basically dodging an agreement to be tested that wouldnt have any bearing on the fight at all (except prove he takes something illegal)...have pac agree to the terms or give floyd more money for fighting a guy who is juicing...thats how you get the fight to happen...

Please explain how "it's obvious" Pacquiao is doing steroids.

There has never been any proof or even suspicion until Mayweather started making false claims. Well Mayweather started at 130 and has fought at 154. I think it's pretty obvious he used steroids.

And Pacquiao eventually agreed to the blood test with no restrictions.

Mayweather is a bitch.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If there is a chance its now
    Great analysis and reasoning there, you make a strong case!

Ortiz will probably melt under the pressure, he's only 24

HauntingTheHoly

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Yup, we saw the same effect with Ricky Hatton too.
    No "we" didn't. I had been getting killed on Bodog and lost about 25% below my initial deposit (after starting well "up"), so my only All-in ever was on Mayweather at -205 to get me back on track. I think the line opened and closed around -260 or -270, too. So I totally pwned that shit. I consider that to be maybe the 4th best boxing bet that I've ever seen. Nothing will ever beat Winky over Tito, of course.

And FYI: I don't think a +600 bet on Ortiz is bad at all here. I didn't take it, though.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!

for anyone who missed the weigh-in...

Mattn3236
    Mattn3236's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ortiz from Ventura, I'm from Ventura, I had to put $50 on it. I have my ticket since august +600

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I put $5 on Ortiz just for fun.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

All of the following have a better chance of happening than Ortiz beating Floyd:

*jj getting laid without paying for it or being arrested after the fact.
    *tt being the after in a weight watchers commercial.
    *Brock hitting 2 rubberband plays in a row.
    *daimos' mom letting him play with sharp objects.
    *beantownjim actually being black.
    *brahma betting all dogs for a week.

Foldi said it best, HBO ropes the suckers in with the 24/7 series.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

parlay it with sooners

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    All of the following have a better chance of happening than Ortiz beating Floyd:

*jj getting laid without paying for it or being arrested after the fact.
    *tt being the after in a weight watchers commercial.
    *Brock hitting 2 rubberband plays in a row.
    *daimos' mom letting him play with sharp objects.
    *beantownjim actually being black.
    *brahma betting all dogs for a week.

Foldi said it best, HBO ropes the suckers in with the 24/7 series.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

They are going to pimp you guys for 300 million with the Pacquaio fight...

Why mess all that up to let some nobody from Kansas be the champ

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

From the looks of the weigh-in video,Mayweather looks great.

Ortiz, is gonna be eating allot of leather tonight.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its worth a $100 play if you boys can afford it

Bet what you can afford to lose

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

If you bet on ortiz you literally don't like money. Only way ortiz wins is if he lands a miracle knockout punch or floyd has a seizure. Mayweather by stoppage +220 is the play. Read my write up in the boxing/mma forum. Mayweather is in amazing shape/form.
    Yeah your probably right, I'll save my money ..........

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    for anyone who missed the weigh-in...

Nice make out session there by these two men.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

whats the deal here, pbf was -670 last i look, -470 now... Is there really that much money coming in on ortiz?

imp4pdabest
    imp4pdabest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    whats the deal here, pbf was -670 last i look, -470 now... Is there really that much money coming in on ortiz?
    Yep. Lots of boxing fans that don't even bet are putting $ on Ortiz for the fact he looked bigger at the weigh in. Plus seeing a guy at +500, they figure why not?

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Talk all the shit you want about Floyd, but at the end of the day hes picking up atleast 25 million to Ortiz's 2 million. Smart business man, and I see him winning by decision.
    Unless Mayweathers skill/speed has slightly deteriorated in his time off he is a far superior boxer. Defensively he is just a monster.

As far as Pacquiao, its a 2 way street. Floyd is ducking but so is Manny. Take the drug test, and box, plain and simple. No legit reason for Manny to turn it down IMO.

Spaceman Spiff
    Spaceman Spiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Didn't Manny agree to the test, 14 days from the fight just like Floyd asked?

First 12345 Last