muwarrior
    muwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!

Prizefighter

Jeff Thomas £57 to win £969

My friend knows this guy and has backed him quite heavily so I'm tailing to see what happens.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha Didnt expect anybody on here to know about this Prizefighter! I actually know Peter Vaughan who's the favourite to win the whole thing as he's from Banbury - town next to where I live. Good luck with Thomas, he's the least favourite to win the whole thing! And you could have got him to win at 22/1 on BetFred or even 20/1 or 18/1 on numerous other sites rather than 16/1!

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

Really a drag that they have a new format starting today.
    The first round matchups are drawn on the night, so first round wagering has been eliminated.
    The first matches are, generally, good money making opportunities.
    You can now only wager on the overall winner.
    Lots of novices in this tourney - Takaloo the only one with world level experience.
    JJ Bird reportedly out of the tourney, last minute scratch.

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

They just announced on air that the bookies in the UK have taken "half" the money they usually do on Prizefighter events. The guy from the books blamed "uncertainty" from the players, not knowing the matchups for the first round.

Hopefully, this lack of wagering encourages them to move back to the OLD format next time out. Money talks.