terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Belcher -280 v. MacDonald

Unless this eye injury has completely ruined Belcher, this line is soft. MacDonald doesnt have the takedowns or the athleticism to get this fight to the ground. He is going to get pounded in his effort to get it there. Think Nate Quarry. TKO late first. Feel free to talk me back on this one.

Also, as opposed to started a thread and making a big scene about it. Curious what people's thoughts are on Darren Elkins. I have not had a chance to watch the Omigawa or Oliveri fights. Probably wont get around to them till next week.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line is too steep. MacDonald has decent takedowns once he gets position inside, and Belcher doesn't stop guys from getting to the body.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Belcher is coming in after a 14-month layoff after his detached retina surgery. I would normally love him in this position, but I have a small play on MacDonald at +225.
    Last edited by sirchadwick1; 09-11-11 at 10:21 AM.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I guess maybe this was steep after the layoff which could have been a good thing as long as Belcher took care of his body. Problem is I dont know. I just think that MacDonald is going to pay for the time he spends with Belcher pressed on the fense working the takedowns. I dont think he gets him down easy and I think he gets hurt by mid second if it lasts that long. I respect everyone's imput though because -280 i dont want to be leading anyone astray on -280.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Would rather play Belcher by TKO/KO, dont see value straight up with the long lay-off, although I think Belcher isn't the type of fighter to suffer from a lay-off to badly. Just depends if he anxious/shows trepidation due to the eye

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Did belchers line start at +220? Maybe my bestfightodds.com arrow dont tell the truth, but if... then i am a very angry man right now.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Sportbet made one of their classic errors of getting lines wrong way round, that was all. Im sure anybody who got Belcher at +220 has had their bet swiftly cancelled as it was an obvious error

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

nice. i thought the ringrust effect was a bit exaggerated there for a while.