MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

A Great Antidote to a HUGE Dissapointment?? CONDIT/GSP?

I'm stoked condit is getting his shot after Diaz' fallout. The dude deserves it and fights with more heart than most in the game, and he is humble on top of that. His aggressive guard and what I consider to be greatly improved and refined stand up will make things interesting with gsp. I don't think gsp will be too much larger either. Carlos will bring it and give gsp a hell of a fight, just like I was expecting from diaz, who FUCKINGGGG BLEW IT like a punk ass chump!!!!

I've always respected diaz' shit talking and gangster attitude (probably the only arrogant guy I respect in weird ways) because I know he's real about it and sincere in ways. He says some very real stuff but also stupid shit, yet most importantly he's an entertaining finisher with a unique style...

Nevertheless, this is truly a HUGE let down in my eyes... Nick should have sucked up that hate for press conference shit and just took it, fought his heart out, perhaps become champion or otherwise lose to the best and cash that check to fatten his pockets. 'you stupid, homey' lol.

Condit is in my opinion the perfect antidote to this dissapoinment. Love his style and despite his weakness for tds, I think his mentality/heart, and his overall defensive and offensive aggresivness makes for a good match up.

Still think gsp has a nitch on the gameplan with some crazy strategy and will win a grinding, close ud, but carlos is gonna put up a fight all 5 rounds. He's a potent finisher, and obviously, I don't see gsp finishing carlos. Love this match up. Not touching this one at all, just kicking back and enjoying

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i love condit as a fighter...unfortunately,this is a terrible style match-up for him...

i hate dana white(that`s an understatement).....but i think he had to make this decision...they didn`t need any pressers to sell this fight...it would have been a huge event...it sells itself....it`s black vs white,good vs bad,light vs darkness...these guys are the antithesis of one another......but he just can`t let a guy like diaz(who i also love as a fighter) undermine the entire organization by doing whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants to do it....

i think it dawned on dana after diaz` presser shenanigans that the prospect of a potential nick diaz championship(granted a long shot)would be a nightmare to deal with.....

a fight i`d love to see?...condit vs diaz....from a purely stylistic,selfish fans` p.o.v.....

i really think that anybody without a serious wrestling background(and a decent mma i.q....i.e. not koscheck) doesn`t have much of a shot vs st pierre at this point in time....

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Should of just got Nate to go up and deliver half ass pot induced rants, the media wouldn't of known the difference.

Besides the big ol' nasty can of worms that they would be opening by allowing Diaz to miss presser after presser, the guy just has this total flake vibe surrounding him right now. Would he even make it to weigh ins, drug testing, etc etc.. I wouldn't want to sweat through every little one of those necessary steps, and this comes off the heels of the main event collapse by Nate. Probably extra sensitive about this subject.

Real bad timing for this shit, too bad because it would have been a cool moment to see Diaz completely and totally deflated after a brutal 50-45 decision. Fight would have been a little frustrating, but seeing Diaz post fight would be totally worth it.

That being said we are left with a vastly superior fight, imo.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I wonder who they'll get to replace Condit with his fight against BJ. They've already ruled out Fitch, which I find really interesting. Especially with the rumored weight class change GSP is supposed to make after this fight.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Should of just got Nate to go up and deliver half ass pot induced rants, the media wouldn't of known the difference.

Besides the big ol' nasty can of worms that they would be opening by allowing Diaz to miss presser after presser, the guy just has this total flake vibe surrounding him right now. Would he even make it to weigh ins, drug testing, etc etc.. I wouldn't want to sweat through every little one of those necessary steps, and this comes off the heels of the main event collapse by Nate. Probably extra sensitive about this subject.

Real bad timing for this shit, too bad because it would have been a cool moment to see Diaz completely and totally deflated after a brutal 50-45 decision. Fight would have been a little frustrating, but seeing Diaz post fight would be totally worth it.

That being said we are left with a vastly superior fight, imo.
    I'm a little sad we won't get to see a fighter meltdown. It's been ages since Vitor Belfort or Kevin Randleman had one.

rocky mattioli

i don`t have a problem with condit/gsp...condit deserves a shot,imo...

but,why is condit/gsp vastly superior to diaz/gsp?....... i see condit on his back for pretty much 20 out of 25 minutes...particularly if he goes kick crazy...

the card as a whole is very solid...the prelims on spike are great match-ups.....i am a little curious as to why hioki gets roop when gomi got thrown to the wolves right from the jump........
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 09-08-11 at 10:15 AM.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Although I think Condit deserves a shot. I am very mad Diaz isnt getting this fight, this is the one i wanted to see. The strikforce champ vs the UFC champ. I wanted to see this one. This sucks

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    Although I think Condit deserves a shot. I am very mad Diaz isnt getting this fight, this is the one i wanted to see. The strikforce paper champ vs the UFC champ. I wanted to see this one. This sucks
    Fixed

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post

but,why is condit/gsp vastly superior to diaz/gsp?....... i see condit on his back for pretty much 20 out of 25 minutes...particularly if he goes kick crazy...

the card as a whole is very solid...the prelims on spike are great match-ups.....i am a little curious as to why hioki gets roop when gomi got thrown to the wolves right from the jump........
    I find the Condit/GSP fight a lot more interesting than Diaz/GSP for some reason as well. But you're right I see Condit ending up on his back a lot in this fight. Though I think it's just as likely Diaz could have spent just as much time on the ground against GSP.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

even though GSP/Condit does interest me, I really wanted to see GSP/Diaz. There was a decent chance Condit would get by Penn, setting up a GSP/Condit in the future, and if he finished or beatdown Penn it would have been a highly anticipated fight.

Now its a bit of a letdown with no GSP/Diaz or Penn/Condit

Chairib

What if they got Diaz to fight Penn?
    Points Awarded:

Poppa Catfish gave Chairib 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Rumour is Penn will still fight and it will be "very interesting" as per Dana. Leads me to believe that is an option then. Otherwise it would have to be Fitch, but Dana already said no to that.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

GSP opened at -300.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Rumour is Penn will still fight and it will be "very interesting" as per Dana. Leads me to believe that is an option then. Otherwise it would have to be Fitch, but Dana already said no to that.
    Fitch and Kos are out

Possible opponents:

Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Thiago Alves, Anthony Johnson, Kampmann, Story

Who else?

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I wouldnt mind seeing Diaz fight Penn

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice, I like how he's on the same card also.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

http://lowkick.blitzcorner.com/UFC/G...s-Condit-13773

Damn, I completely forgot they were both Jackson teammates. Shit might get wierd.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

What happens if BJ and GSP both win?

That's definitely not a fight that I'm interested in again...maybe that's when Dana will tell GSP it's time to move up with Silva.

rocky mattioli

now that`s what i call some serious precognitive ability......shocked that dana walked back his diaz indignation...but i`m very glad he did....

i find this fight fascinating........

Chairib

now that`s what i call some serious precognitive ability......shocked that dana walked back his diaz indignation...but i`m very glad he did....

i find this fight fascinating........
    I just had that feeling something crazy would happen like Diaz coming back to fight BJ. Totally agree this fight is very interesting when you start breaking it down.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    What happens if BJ and GSP both win?

That's definitely not a fight that I'm interested in again...maybe that's when Dana will tell GSP it's time to move up with Silva.
    That's the rumor and BJ's going to get a major push to make one last title run at 170. That's why Fitch getting eliminated from consideration almost instantly as a possible replacement for BJ was really interesting. They could be setting up a Fitch/Penn or even a Penn/Condit title fight down the road.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

I just had that feeling something crazy would happen like Diaz coming back to fight BJ. Totally agree this fight is very interesting when you start breaking it down.
    Great call.

I love how everything turned out, and have no problem with one last Penn run if that is what emerges when the dust settles. Better that than them taking some schlub like Hardy and trying to prop him up as the next best thing.

MMAbetMASTA

Indeed dude, he deserves it!

nicks' tdd is no better than condit's imo....

I was all for diaz / gsp, as I said, it's a huge dissapointment and a let down. I never said it was superior.

Yet my point was condit was the next best opponent, out of any of the dudes in ww I'd want him or ellenberger with regard to a style match up with gsp. Its very similar to diaz/gsp. Can't wait for this, I'm bummed diaz is out, but stoked condit was next. And now that bj/diaz is on I love it. YA VERY SOLID CARD, SOOOO STOKED!!!!
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 09-09-11 at 09:18 PM.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    http://lowkick.blitzcorner.com/UFC/G...s-Condit-13773

Damn, I completely forgot they were both Jackson teammates. Shit might get wierd.
    Hahha yea for sure...but that's why condit is the man, he's a true fighter and competitor. While it might bug him a bit, its nice to see him jump at the shot and put all that team BS aside and not bitch like other fighters (while I do understand their frustration fighting a team mate). Sorry everyone I know I sound like a condit nut hugger, just excited and happy to see one of my favorites get the shot!