THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Strikeforce Grand Prix: Barnett vs. Kharitonov (Sept 10th)

MAIN CARD (Showtime)

• Josh Barnett vs. Sergei Kharitonov (heavyweight grand prix semifinal)
    • Daniel Cormier vs. Antonio Silva (heavyweight grand prix semifinal)
    • Champ Ronaldo Souza vs. Luke Rockhold (for middleweight title)
    • Roger Gracie vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal
    • Maximo Blanco vs. TBA

PRELIMINARY CARD (HDNet)
    • Mike Kyle vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
    • Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante vs. Yoel Romero
    • Jordan Mein vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos
    • Alexis Davis vs. Amanda Nunes

THE_LOCKSMITH

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I'm surprised that Silva is as low as he is. Sure Cormier is a very good wrestler, but he is very inexeperienced and will be at a huge size disadvantage here.

Also, King Mo's wrestling should be good enough to keep his fight on the feet. Gracie, like every Gracie in history is purely a jiu-jitsu guy and has nothing to offer in the stand-up. Mo should outstrike him for 3 rds, possibly even T/KO him.

Looks like there's good money to be made on this show.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

I see a lot of value in Silva at -170, good price right there.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

I really think that Cormier is a good pick for this fight. Silva destroyed Fedor, but he had a lot of problems against Mike Kyle that only had one week to prepare and was even smaller than Cormier.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by caveira View Post
    I really think that Cormier is a good pick for this fight. Silva destroyed Fedor, but he had a lot of problems against Mike Kyle that only had one week to prepare and was even smaller than Cormier.
    a lot of problems against mike kyle? he got tagged with a big punch. the rest of the round he was in survival mode.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    a lot of problems against mike kyle? he got tagged with a big punch. the rest of the round he was in survival mode.
    Bingo. Kyle is a guy with good reach and 1 punch KO power. Cormier doesn't have either of those things. He does have very good wrestling though, but I can't picture him holding Bigfoot down for 15 minutes.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I'm shocked at how many guys think Cormier is going to win this via wrestlefvck. It's not like Bigfoot gets taken down at will and can't get out of the position. Silva is a HUGE guy and will completely dwarf Cormier. If/When he gets taken down, he'll continuously be looking for the sub and he's pretty damn strong.

Bigfoot's advantages: Possibly 50 lbs+ on fight night, height, reach, BJJ, technique, and experience
    Cormier's advantages: Wrestling, speed, athleticism

The only way I can see Daniel winning this is getting at least a takedown per round and dancing around for the rest of the time using his speed to sneak in some shots to win on the scorecards.

I'm up to 10u on Bigfoot at -160 right now and I like him up to -200.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Barnett/Souza Parlay looks solid to me.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Greek View Post
    I'm surprised that Silva is as low as he is. Sure Cormier is a very good wrestler, but he is very inexeperienced and will be at a huge size disadvantage here.

Also, King Mo's wrestling should be good enough to keep his fight on the feet. Gracie, like every Gracie in history is purely a jiu-jitsu guy and has nothing to offer in the stand-up. Mo should outstrike him for 3 rds, possibly even T/KO him.

Looks like there's good money to be made on this show.
    Agree, right now I am liking these two guys the most, especially with value/the line in mind.
    I'm still torn on king/gracie... I can see king keeping it upright, but roger's stand up is ever improving and it seems to be scrambles that he gets an opponent wrapped up in, rather than a traditional td shot or clinch trip. I can see then getting in some positional scrambles where roger moves faster than the eye can see and has mo's back with hooks in.... But then again I can see my logic meaning didly dick and king mo keeping this upright the whole time clobbering through roger's un-improved stand up...

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    I'm shocked at how many guys think Cormier is going to win this via wrestlefvck. It's not like Bigfoot gets taken down at will and can't get out of the position. Silva is a HUGE guy and will completely dwarf Cormier. If/When he gets taken down, he'll continuously be looking for the sub and he's pretty damn strong.

Bigfoot's advantages: Possibly 50 lbs+ on fight night, height, reach, BJJ, technique, and experience
    Cormier's advantages: Wrestling, speed, athleticism

The only way I can see Daniel winning this is getting at least a takedown per round and dancing around for the rest of the time using his speed to sneak in some shots to win on the scorecards.

I'm up to 10u on Bigfoot at -160 right now and I like him up to -200.
    Good breakdown, completely agree with everything, especially the last part about dan's only way to win (and that is a far fetched hope).

I definitely like bigfoot in this, style wise this is a good opponent imo. Cormier is small at HW right, 235ish? I see this spelling trouble, and I doubt he wants to sit in silva's guard. Silva's reach should dictate the stand up as well. Looking tasty. Still wanna do more research tho before I pull the trigger... GL!

MMAbetMASTA

CUrious what the healy / blanco line will be at...?

I'm trying to do research right now on this fight.

Pat is tough, and very experinced, well rounded. But I think blanco's great wrestling should keep him upright and his nasty stand up should carry him through to a UD - as of right now I"m leaninig toward blanco, but I think its actually REALLY close. ON the ground I give an edge to healy, though. I know Maximo is the pan am champ, but I honestly am not educated enough to say that his mma grappling is good or not, where I know pat is pretty smooth on the ground and is a true threat with subs... Yet on the feet I have a hard time seeing maximo lose a striking match to healy...

Who you all got in this fight????? What is your breakdown???

What about the other fights.... anyone liking a small value play on sergi?

What's the news on Raf Calvacante's opponent? I don't know much about Palacio, anyone got good info outside of a 'fight finder' ??? I still think Raf is a well rounded BEAST at LHW... and HUGE.

v1y

feijao's opponent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoel_Romero_Palacio

legendary olympic wrestler, go to 5:35 to see him ankle pick a guy in mma with one ******* hand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVh4ajnjVXg .

Personally, I think feijao is going to smash him pretty easily. way better striker, more experience, and looked fine in the wrestling department against lawal.

As for healy/blanco... IMO blanco is a step down for healy relative to his last three opponents, and healy is a huge step up for blanco.

More importantly, I expect healy to completely dwarf blanco, and despite blanco's wrestling credentials, i expect healy to grind him out pretty easily.

blanco can catch him with a big shot, but i'll play healy small up to -200 pretty easily.
    Last edited by v1y; 09-01-11 at 10:47 PM.

more_betterness
    more_betterness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8689

go to 5:35 to see him ankle pick a guy in mma with one ******* hand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVh4ajnjVXg .
    Love me some ankle picks... That was just ridiculous

poopoo333
    poopoo333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4163

I think Romero might actually be a decent dog play

THE_LOCKSMITH

I'm gonna bet ob BigFoot for this twitter post alone

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post

haha, is this real? That's pretty funny, especially from bigfoot... Chael gets shut down again.

I'm actually having second thoughts on a bigfoot play... Think I might sit this bout out, I forgot dan's fighting out of aka and that is a nice camp to prepare for a bout with silva. I think he might have a pretty clever gameplan against the giant... how many of you have pulled the trigger on this fight thus far and who you got?

MMAbetMASTA

feijao's opponent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoel_Romero_Palacio

legendary olympic wrestler, go to 5:35 to see him ankle pick a guy in mma with one ******* hand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVh4ajnjVXg .

Personally, I think feijao is going to smash him pretty easily. way better striker, more experience, and looked fine in the wrestling department against lawal.

As for healy/blanco... IMO blanco is a step down for healy relative to his last three opponents, and healy is a huge step up for blanco.

More importantly, I expect healy to completely dwarf blanco, and despite blanco's wrestling credentials, i expect healy to grind him out pretty easily.

blanco can catch him with a big shot, but i'll play healy small up to -200 pretty easily.
    wow.... that ankle pick was sick...!!!!

I'm excited for this fight now! Should be exciting...

Yea after doing more research I completely agree about blanco / healy, and now I definitely lean toward healy. Like you said maxi can land the big punch, but I think you're onto something about Healy's size. I didn't realize that blanco is small at lw, he wrestled at 143 in the 07' PanAM games and considering healy's fought at ww most his career I think he will be huge against blanco and could smother him in top position if he gets him down. Still, I don't think i'll make a play on this one just yet, blanco's stand up power is vicious, has solid technique, and although against smaller guys, his hips are strong and has solid defensive wrestling. I think healy's size overcomes it and he gets him down and grinds it out, but not willing to bet on that just yet. thanks for all the insight.

Need some picks fellas, let's get some discussion going in here and get some breakdowns / comparisons!!!

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

I can't believe Chael didn't respond back to this....

THE_LOCKSMITH

full card outs out! guy who Cavalcante is fighting is 4-0 with 4 KO's. Don't know much about him but i still like Cavalcante at this price

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

full card outs out! guy who Cavalcante is fighting is 4-0 with 4 KO's. Don't know much about him but i still like Cavalcante at this price
    Was out last night wasnt it? Romero is a "wrestling phenom" Olympic Silver medalist for Cuba. Cavalcante is a big step up for him in competetion

Vulcan300
    Vulcan300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10108

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I think Romero might actually be a decent dog play
    this. from just reviewing his videos his boxing isn't bad at all and this dude packs power.
    i like it at +130 for some change.

v1y

wow... healy released at -105. a gift as far as i'm concerned.
    Last edited by v1y; 09-07-11 at 01:50 PM.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Is there a prop bet on the number of times the phrase "darkhorse" will be used to describe Sergei??? ;p

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Yup, all over that.

Dave--M
    Dave--M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

ive been on the worst run ever recently

lost 120 on fedor over henderson

lost 140 on schaub over nog

ive put my last 77 into this strikeforce card and instead of just chucking it all on one guy who i think will win ive spread the risk over 3 fights i really hope all 3 come in i want a win

17 on pat healy

35 on big foot

25 on king mo

fingers crossed !

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

That 35 on Bigfoot is probably gone.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

A gift for sure, but the line just keeps getting better.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

healy`s big at the weight...but he`s awfully slow......i could see blanco outworking him...

Lusty_Argonian
    Lusty_Argonian's Avatar Become A Pro!

5units on a parlay consisting of Marcos de Lima, Yoel Romero, Maximo Blanco, and Luke Rockhold.

This kids are explosive Marcos had an amazing fight with Paulo "ICP" Filho which I think will encourage him to try and take MAK into deep waters(Kyles not got the best fight IQ in the deep), Yoel(I split this parlay and create an identical with Feijao instead), Maxi because he showed he's willing to win on points with the Parky fight and with Greg Jackson he might be a little point machine.

Rockhold cause he's +336

v1y

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty_Argonian View Post
    Maxi because he showed he's willing to win on points with the Parky fight and with Greg Jackson he might be a little point machine.

Rockhold cause he's +336
    I could swear all the maxi/park fight showed is that maxi is overrated.

Lusty_Argonian
    Lusty_Argonian's Avatar Become A Pro!

It showed how incredible of talents both of them were imo, especially Maxi. SRC closing shop totally screwed Wong Sik Parky for too long, it's a shame.

They both have the same roof of development guys like Eddie Alverez, Frankie Edgar, and Gilbert Milendez had a few years ago. Maybe they'll both face each other in the UFC someday.

Spaceman Spiff
    Spaceman Spiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

I was about to make a parlay with Jacare, but I've been seeing a good few people betting on Rockhold. I haven't seen Rockhold fight, so i was wondering what kind of chance you guys think he has?

Also, anyone know a good stream for tomorrow night? They shut down myP2Pforum, and I'm having trouble finding another site with a collection of streams for you to choose from.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

I was about to throw down a large play on Lawal...and now he's talking about how he's going to take Gracie down?

Is he bullshitting us? I'm inclined to think he is...

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    I was about to make a parlay with Jacare, but I've been seeing a good few people betting on Rockhold. I haven't seen Rockhold fight, so i was wondering what kind of chance you guys think he has?

Also, anyone know a good stream for tomorrow night? They shut down myP2Pforum, and I'm having trouble finding another site with a collection of streams for you to choose from.
    Try vipbox.tv, I get my Bellator streams from that site. They should cover UFC and Strikeforce as well.

123 Last