ReBEL`LiON
    ReBEL`LiON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

$pencer Fisher +180 vs Thiago Tavares

Now let me start off by saying, there aren't many solid bets on this card. All the favorites are too heavy for me to touch, and all of the underdogs I see have a decent chance at winning but not with their current values. Everything seems to be a toss up for me.

The only lock I see here is Anderson Silva inside distance -160.

Now onto Fisher vs Tavares. In Tavares' recent outings, he's shown a tendency to stand up with his opponents rather than work his JJ. If he goes with this trend, this bodes well for Fisher as Fisher is better technically and has more power on the feet. Even if the fight goes to the ground, Fisher has great JJ defense and is experienced there.

The only way I see Tavares winning this fight is with ground control. Another factor to consider is that he is fighting in his native Brazil and he will be looking to showcase his skills, rather than a boring decision.

Parlay Silva -160 and Fisher +180 and 100$ = 349$

And if you're really greedy, consider Assuncao -130 or Griffin +195 which are decent bets.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

i really don't understand what people are seeing in tavares. fisher isn't that great either, but this should be closer.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    i really don't understand what people are seeing in tavares. fisher isn't that great either, but this should be closer.
    Agreed. Tavares is a good fighter, but too inconsistent for me. Tavares should not be over -200 on this fight, so I'll probably make a small play on Fisher for value.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Fisher slowed considerably in Round 2 versus PEarson.
    I believe the miles and age are catching up to him.

UFC 134: Fade the old just not Anderson

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Fisher got a whole lot of injuries.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I think it's that Fisher looks sloooooooooow and oooooooooooold as of late.

On the other hand, Tavares looked crisp in that Roller fight until he got flash KO'd... by Shane Roller.

That being said... I'm not into the current juice on Tavares myself.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    On the other hand, Tavares looked crisp in that Roller fight until he got flash KO'd... by Shane Roller.
    I thought Roller looked slow that whole fight (which only made Tavares look good by comparison). But Tavares is affected by his weight cut and I just don't think he'll ever get into the contender mix.

Fisher is well past his prime, but I don't believe for a second this is Tavares' fight to lose. An over guy versus and underachiever. I'll roll the dice on the old guy.

ReBEL`LiON
    ReBEL`LiON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

i think fisher has looked fine. he still has a great chin. his speed is still par with thiago but he just doesnt have the aggression and killer instinct anymore. the guy has 19 out of 25 finishes.

he didnt look bad against siver and pearson. in fact he kept it competitive but just never took control of the fight.

fisher is live. i read in a recent interview he's going for broke in this fight and is cutting almost no weight

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

how quickly people forget fisher was dead even standing with siver, beat stout standing, and beat pearson standing the first round.

crazy to think uno and stevenson made him look the worst.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    how quickly people forget fisher was dead even standing with siver, beat stout standing, and beat pearson standing the first round.

crazy to think uno and stevenson made him look the worst.
    Yeah, and his comeback against Warburton was impressive, showed he's still got decent cardio

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

How quickly indeed sir.