ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

We may finally get mayweather pacquiao next year

The truth is coming out that manny pacquiao is just about broke. Spending a ton of money on becoming a congressman in the phillippines along with bob arum getting like 40% of his purse because he's a crook. I think once pacquiao's contract with top rank expires we will finally see mayweather pacquiao happen. Both fighters potentially making 60-70 million each.

I don't want to hear the bullshit about mayweather being scared you don't do enough research/homework to determine that. It's always been bob arum's fault. He doesn't want to stick his top cash cow in the ring with a guy who is favored to beat manny. Bob arum makes a ton off of manny fighting has beens and mayweather left overs like margarito mosley hatton de la hoya clottey etc.

Expect manny to leave top rank within a year and than we will see the fight. Don't believe a word bob arum says he's a fuking scumbag liar. He contradicts himself all the time if you really pay attention.

Lets get it on.

“A great trainer without a great fighter is nothing,” noted Roach to Bleacher Report, who has worked with 27 world champions to date. “Pacquiao made me,” he added, speaking of the current WBO welterweight champion who, under the guidance of Roach, has won major honours including four defences of the IBF version of the super bantamweight championship, The Ring magazine’s featherweight belt, the WBC and The Ring magazine’s super featherweight title, the WBC lightweight strap, The Ring magazine’s super lightweight championship, the WBO welterweight title and the WBC super welterweight belt.

Pacquiao (53-3-2, 38ko), who has an upcoming fight against Juan Manuel Marquez in November, currently divides his time between fighting, being a musician and actor, as well as working as congressman for the Sarangani province in his native Philippines. It is his political obligations, though, together with his generosity that have contributed to a decline in the Filipino’s financial situation.

Roach (pictured above) tellingly explained to Brin-Jonathan Butler: “He’s broke because of that and all the people he flies around to his fights. He goes through money like you wouldn’t believe. He can’t say no. Of course he’ll have to keep fighting. He does now. He won’t be able to stop – it’s his life.”

One of Pacquiao’s stablemates at Roach’s Wildcard Boxing Gym in Hollywood, California, is Amir Khan – the WBA/IBF unified super lightweight world champion and number nine pound-for-pound fighter according to On The Beak‘s rankings.

Khan (26-1-0, 18ko) was widely – and prematurely – written off following a 54 second knockout loss to Colombian banger Breidis Prescott but has since became a champion of the world in his division, making five defences of the WBA belt, adding the IBF trinket to his honours roll and is to fight once, maybe twice more in the 140lb weight class before moving up to welterweight, 147lbs, in order to challenge the likes of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

“He has the talent and the determination to rise as far as he wants,” said Roach of Khan. “After a weakness was exposed in his loss, he worked harder than ever. We’ve made adjustments. You’re seeing the results of those adjustments. Just watch where we can go…”

Roach has also worked with Guillermo Rigondeaux, a relative novice in the professional ranks having fought for pay just eight times and is already an interim world champion. Cuban sensation Rigondeaux (pictured below) fought over 300 times as an amateur, scooped a clutch of gold medals – including two at the Olympics in 2000 and 2004 and is regarded as one of the best amateur champions throughout history.

Picture: Stacey Verbeek

“Guillermo is the most talented fighter I’ve ever worked with,” said Roach, lavishing more praise on the undefeated 30-year-old southpaw. “More talent than anyone.

“However, there are issues with him given his situation leaving behind his country, his family, the Miami people trying to get a hold of him – there’s a minefield out there for him. Do I think he can make it? Sure. He could fight for two titles on the same night and I’m pretty sure win with no problem. But he has it much harder than most on the personal side.”

Changing the subject matter from one of the brightest prospects to a boxing badass, Mike Tyson, Roach said that he would welcome the introduction of the former undisputed heavyweight champion to any broadcasting platform as he would be an outstanding shot-caller on fight nights.

“Mike Tyson is not one of [but] the greatest boxing historian who ever lived,” said Roach, who spends most of his time in his Wildcard Boxing Gym in Hollywood, California. “Back to the bare knuckle days, Tyson knows more about this sport than anyone on the planet but I don’t think he feels boxing has treated him too good. I think Mike Tyson could be the greatest boxing announcer we’ve ever had. We’ll have to see if he can come back to boxing.

“He’s moody – we all are. It’s sad what happened to him with his career but if anyone can turn it around, it’s him.”

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really can't wait to see in about 5 years boxing die. There is going to be no big names left, and they aren't creating any more.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I hope so. I can't wait to see Mayweather whoop up on this guy.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    I really can't wait to see in about 5 years boxing die. There is going to be no big names left, and they aren't creating any more.
    I really can't wait to see people who bash boxing reflexively actually pay enough attention to the sport to realize that they don't know what they're talking about...

Lots of prospects are coming up. For example, when Lemieux, Alvarez and Kirkland reach their primes the middleweight division will be amazing.

ApricotSinner32

Jose Benevidez jr comes to mind

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Yay padfighting!

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

People stopped caring about this fight about 16 months ago.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

manny too busy with politics, doesn't really care about boxing anymore

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    manny too busy with politics, doesn't really care about boxing anymore
    BS he is broke. I bet he will fight 5-6 more times minimum.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

i no longer care too see this.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Mayweather is going to beat Pacroid.

Hopefully this does happen so i can make lots of $$$

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I really can't wait to see people who bash boxing reflexively actually pay enough attention to the sport to realize that they don't know what they're talking about...

Lots of prospects are coming up. For example, when Lemieux, Alvarez and Kirkland reach their primes the middleweight division will be amazing.
    I'm not saying that there aren't any prospects coming up. I'm saying that there just won't be any more big name fighters that people want to see, because people just aren't that interested in boxing anymore.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow, crazy that he can go from being broke to being worth 60 million in just a few months.

i hope this fight goes through....

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

pacquiao is into politics and singing and acting now, not a real fighter no more, he's all fat and stuff now

supershark
    supershark's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya absolutely crazy when I read forbes put his wealth at 26 million or something. he should be making that every fight

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

He gives a lot of $ back to his hometown & people he takes care of (who live with him/work for him)

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Alvarez is the only name on the list I'd see people paying to see. Americans won't shell out $50 to see Lemieux fight and Kirkland is terrible, got KO'ed as a 40/1 favorite

ApricotSinner32

Boxing won't die. Is it smaller than it used to be? Is their less talent out there in general? Sure... but still a handful of fights to look foward to. Boxing fans must really not take mayweather's future fights for granted. I say he's got 3-4 fights left tops. Hope to attend one.

ApricotSinner32

Fighters out there in boxing worth watching...

Mayweather
    Hopkins
    Martinez
    Donaire
    Gamboa
    Pacquiao
    Amir Khan
    Maidana
    Mathysse
    Berto
    Ortiz
    Marquez
    Rios

Just off the top of my head.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33426

Quote Originally Posted by darko3131 View Post
    Alvarez is the only name on the list I'd see people paying to see. Americans won't shell out $50 to see Lemieux fight and Kirkland is terrible, got KO'ed as a 40/1 favorite
    Lemieux sold over 10K tickets for his last fight in Montreal and he hasn't even had a title fight yet. People have already paid to see him and they will continue to. Even though he lost, he dominated the fight until the KO came and would be a minimum of a -200 favorite in a rematch..

To say Kirkland is terrible is ridiculous. The Ishida loss was bad, but he dominated good fighters like Joel Julio and Bryan Vera. He's also regained his form since reuniting with Ann Wolfe. I don't think Kirkland is on the level of the very top middleweights, but he's an extremely entertaining boxer who has the potential to be involved in some classic brawls.

ApricotSinner32

The world awaits.

ApricotSinner32

And i'm not counting out ortiz. If floyd isn't on top of his game he could get dropped ortiz is the bigger man but if he's on his game it should be mayweather all day.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

The fight will happen in 2012. Got a chance to see Floyd training the other night in his gym and he looks as fast as ever. Was flashing a nasty right uppercut counter to left hooks when inside. Curious to see if he uses it vs. Ortiz. They are taking the kid seriously.

hawaii808
    hawaii808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1253

i hope this fights happens!