ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    ya if they are serious, silva would have to win without a scratch which is possible. The other report also said they would be willing to pull sonnen from the stann fight. But to me that is a terrible fight to put on FOX or to even setup until sonnen really earns it because he is a borderline mma fighter just like guida, they shouldn't be rewarded for having poor skills.

Everyone is so anxious for silva to lose they don't care how it happens, even if it some guy laying on top of him for 25 mins breaking the "most strikes landed in a fight" record with his pillow fist.
    Can you imagine them putting Guida on the first FOX broadcast? No way the UFC starts on broadcast TV with the threat of a blanket attack. Ratings death.

Lorenzo Fertitta said yesterday that the remaining contract dates they have with Spike restricts them on cable. So the one hour special on FOX on November 12th will not have any TV prelims. The preliminary card will air on facebook. Question is, if they are only airing 2 fights on network, I wonder how many fights the live crowd will get in the arena?

I hope this new deal doesn't limit the amount of total fights per card. For content purposes, I could see them going from 11 fights to 8 fights.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

They are still scheduling 11 fights for the fox events with only 2 of the fights being schedule for the live broadcast from what I last read. I know I was worried about that to but I found a quote saying the people who go to the events will still get 11 fights.

From my understanding(i havent seen any confirmation either way) its very likely more than 2 fights will air on the live fox broadcast, its just that only 2 are scheduled for it. Just like how only 5 are schedule for ppv maincard but you usually see more.
    Last edited by brooks85; 08-25-11 at 03:25 PM.

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

They are still scheduling 11 fights for the fox events with only 2 of the fights being schedule for the live broadcast from what I last read. I know I was worried about that to but I found a quote saying the people who go to the events will still get 11 fights.

From my understanding(i havent seen any confirmation either way) its very likely more than 2 fights will air on the live fox broadcast, its just that only 2 are scheduled for it. Just like how only 5 are schedule for ppv maincard but you usually see more.
    Thumbs up. Thanks for info.

It would be unfair, certainly, for the live audiences (10-12 bouts on a card has been standard for awhile now).

I am racking my brain, trying to see who is available for this FOX card - I can't find a fight that is going to make the splash they want or need. Even if Spider wins Saturday, Silva=Henderson 2 is blah. Someone mentioned Tito-Franklin. Not exactly the "future" of MMA right there.

brooks85

Id say that was without a scratch. I think silva/hendo 2 would be awesome but it looks like its just me. Either way its a great matchup for fox card because someone is getting ko'd after some back n forth action. Im a big hendo fan also and I think he has a better chance than anyone else to actually beat silva, not hold him down for 25.

brooks85

speculation will be coming to an end in a little over 18 hours!! 1pm EST tomorrow they are announcing the matchups

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/1/239...ent-in-special

With the rumors of how low ppv numbers were for ufc rio, silva/hendo might get passed on.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-02-11 at 01:52 AM.

brooks85

1 hour left

sounds like rua/hendo might be one of them, that would be an awesome matchup, also to bet on.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Ortiz vs Franklin me thinks!

brooks85

lol i sincerely hope not

brooks85

damnt all my jackpot parlays ending with cain just got reduced haha

cain/jds

brooks85

I don't like this tho..

Dana White: You've heard this from me 50,000 times in the last couple weeks. We want to deliver and this is going to be the most watched mixed martial arts event in history. We're gonna break our network record from Brazil with this matchup. We're going one hour with a five round heavyweight championship fight. There will be one fight.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

I don't like this tho..

Dana White: You've heard this from me 50,000 times in the last couple weeks. We want to deliver and this is going to be the most watched mixed martial arts event in history. We're gonna break our network record from Brazil with this matchup. We're going one hour with a five round heavyweight championship fight. There will be one fight.
    This fight never makes it to the distance.

brooks85

ya i read later too the fox exec said if it did end early, they would prolly try to plug in 1 or 2 of the best non-broadcasted fights.

Its up to all the mma fans to make sure anyone they know is watching this come fight night!!

First 12