v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

dear ladle

i was wrong to ever insinuate that amir sadollah was a contender.

that is all.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kudos to ya for admitting it!

In all fairness, I did think he'd walk through Duane bloody Ludwig.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha Fair play. Still can't believe what a pitiful performance it was. You'd think coming from Couture camp that he'd have good gameplanning but noooooooooo

Ladle

Yeah, pretty woeful. Seemed totally content to stand still in the pocket and eat counters all night long. His total failure to finish takedowns costed him too.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah some horrible takedown attempts!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

where does sadollah go from here..i mean,he made ludwig(a 155 pounder much of his career) look like edson barbosa.......can the ufc possibly continue to feed sadollah baronis and sobottas?...

your takedowns are weak....your handspeed is poor(his punches looked slow-motion)....your strength at the weight is middlin` at best....

the future looks pretty bleak for sadollah unless joe silva runs interference for him....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah doesn't bode well for him. Maybe he'll get Matt Brown or Hardy next

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Maybe an announcing gig down the road, he can start by MCing the weigh ins.

Problem is I'm not even remotely entertained by Amir's fights, so he doesn't even fill in the middle card fun fighter, I'd much rather see Hardy vs Brown than Amir vs Hardy or Amir vs Brown.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 08-15-11 at 07:01 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Maybe an announcing gig down the road, he can start by MCing the weigh ins.

Problem is I'm not even remotely entertained by Amir's fights, so he doesn't even fill in the middle card fun fighter, I'd much rather see Hardy vs Brown than Amir vs Hardy or Amir vs Brown.
    Agreed

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

this loss still stings the day after

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    where does sadollah go from here..i mean,he made ludwig(a 155 pounder much of his career) look like edson barbosa.......can the ufc possibly continue to feed sadollah baronis and sobottas?...

your takedowns are weak....your handspeed is poor(his punches looked slow-motion)....your strength at the weight is middlin` at best....

the future looks pretty bleak for sadollah unless joe silva runs interference for him....
    Ludwig is a seasoned vet who has fight anywhere between 155 and 170. His stand up is very strong and hold one of the quickest KO's in UFC history.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Ludwig is a seasoned vet who has fight anywhere between 155 and 170. His stand up is very strong and hold one of the quickest KO's in UFC history.
    Ludwig also currently in very good form, but has accepted fights at last minutes notice and his performance suffered. I think that throws people off. Ludwig is no joke.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Amir got rocked early in the fight and was never the same. Thats why the gameplan of stand up until you get tagged is dumb. Wrestle first, wear him out, then stand up in the third.

Ladle

Don't rate Ludwig highly at all. Still hasn't picked up the ground game after all these years, and even though his striking is good, he's still been trounced standing up on numerous occasions - most notably against Jim Miller, Paul Daley and Sammy Morgan. He was also out-struck for a round (and rocked quite badly) in the Nick Osipczak fight.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Kudos to ya for admitting it!

In all fairness, I did think he'd walk through Duane bloody Ludwig.
    Same here... I got duped... I thought Amir was the better of the non-contenders

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

Ludwig also currently in very good form, but has accepted fights at last minutes notice and his performance suffered. I think that throws people off. Ludwig is no joke.
    Bang's stand up has always been his strength. Not only that but he had a size advantage on Amir. Amir got dominated in the clinch but that should have been expected and I was a little surprised he would make the mistake of getting into those situations. He had zero leverage trying to work the clinch game.

rocky mattioli

he`s a guy that if you have any pretense about being or becoming a contender you have to beat.....this was more abour sadollah `s deficiencies than ludwig being anything more than a middle rung guy......which he is....

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    he`s a guy that if you have any pretense about being or becoming a contender you have to beat.....this was more abour sadollah `s deficiencies than ludwig being anything more than a middle rung guy......which he is....
    sadollah's deficiencies? he's supposed to be one of the best strikers in the division.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    sadollah's deficiencies? he's supposed to be one of the best strikers in the division.
    I think Rocky is referring to Sadollah's lack of fight IQ deficiency rather than his striking per se.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I think Rocky is referring to Sadollah's lack of fight IQ deficiency rather than his striking per se.

definitely...not to mention his handspeed(which is almost non-existent),his takedown ability(which can`t be underestimated)...to get to the top you usually need a plan b......unless you`re jake shields....and we know now that sadollah`s striking isn`t quite dominating enough without something else...you can`t sub a guy (95 % of the time) if you can`t get him to the mat...

maybe we underrated ludwig a bit.........but i think ,when you look at sadollah`s wins,we all can agree that he was overrated(certainly by me)....i really don`t think the ufc expected this outcome....i think they put sadollah in with a guy that they thought would be the perfect foil...a guy that would make an excellent action fight strength vs strength but that would not be able to get over the hump(as ludwig`s record pretty much everytime he stepped up would indicate).....

Ladle

i think they put sadollah in with a guy that they thought would be the perfect foil...a guy that would make an excellent action fight strength vs strength but that would not be able to get over the hump(as ludwig`s record pretty much everytime he stepped up would indicate).....
    Oh, absolutely. The fight was originally scheduled for March but Ludwig got injured. There was a reason they put it together again.