PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

UFC on VS 5 : Parlay discussion

I want to make a 2-3 fight parlay for this weekend. Initial thoughts are Sadollah, Benevidez & Figueroa. Also considering Vemola.

I have read some people think Wineland might be a live dog. Any other thoughts? Anyone think there are bigger favorites than the 4 I've listed?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Hettes and Cole Miller. Probably Dolloway and Noke as well

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

V- thanks for the input. I take it your top 3 would be amir, figueroa and hettes?? I don't know anything about hettes, but i may have to research that fight a little more based on your suggestion.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah but I think Cole Miller has got a very favourable fight stylistically as well. Hettes is a big prospect who excels in BJJ, which is the only slight thing tht Bruce Leroy has going for him, but Semerzier demonstrated that even that is limited.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Cole Miller is so up and down, but I can't see him losing this fight. He's on a much higher skill level in most aspects of this fight.

I likely won't bet against Wineland only because I hate to bet against guys with heart like his. He tries to bring it everytime and won't gas out or take any "rounds off".

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Cole Miller is so up and down, but I can't see him losing this fight. He's on a much higher skill level in most aspects of this fight.

I likely won't bet against Wineland only because I hate to bet against guys with heart like his. He tries to bring it everytime and won't gas out or take any "rounds off".
    Yeah and Wineland has superior striking

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

you guys may have convinced me to leave benevidez out of my big parlay. ultimately, i will probably make my decision based on the lines, but most likely it will be sodallah/figueroa/cole miller.

ill also do a small parlay on sodallah/benevidez/figueroa/dalloway/cole miller/vemola/hettes.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    you guys may have convinced me to leave benevidez out of my big parlay. ultimately, i will probably make my decision based on the lines, but most likely it will be sodallah/figueroa/cole miller.

ill also do a small parlay on sodallah/benevidez/figueroa/dalloway/cole miller/vemola/hettes.
    smart to keep benevidez out bol

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

I'd stay away from Sadollah if I were u .. I think Duane will beat him pretty decisively

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    I'd stay away from Sadollah if I were u .. I think Duane will beat him pretty decisively
    Kiss of death right there.

I'll be remortgaging my house and putting it all on Sadollah. Maybe parlay it with a "Jesuseatsnubs doesn't see six figures this year in gambling profits" option.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Interesting Jesus, how do you think Ludwig will beat him decisively?

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I'm really intrigued by the Bonnar-Vemola odds, and the Hettes-Leroy odds... though work is insane busy right now so fock.... someone of reputable ilk, study up on those fights for me eh ;p

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Kiss of death right there.

I'll be remortgaging my house and putting it all on Sadollah. Maybe parlay it with a "Jesuseatsnubs doesn't see six figures this year in gambling profits" option.
    Which books are offering lines on this prop?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I like Vemola here. But I don't know much about his Brazilian opponent.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I'm really intrigued by the Bonnar-Vemola odds, and the Hettes-Leroy odds... though work is insane busy right now so fock.... someone of reputable ilk, study up on those fights for me eh ;p
    How much studying do you need to fade bruce leroy?

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Ludwig has been rocked and easily taken down in every fight I've seen of his.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    How much studying do you need to fade bruce leroy?
    Yeah, that's kinda where I was going there, but can't play blind ya know...

and sh*t, i forgot all about Bonnar pulling out...

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

why are people ranking noke so highly?

all of his wins in the ufc are against guys no longer with the promotion. he got destroyed by mccray on tuf.

i do think he wins, but he's no lock here.

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Interesting Jesus, how do you think Ludwig will beat him decisively?
    Ludwig has fought the much tougher competition even though he may have lost some of them in his last 2 fights .. against Darren elkens he was doing well up until he injured ankle .

and Ludwig beated Nick Ospczak by a split decision .. and Nick Oscpzak gave Rick story a very tough fought and only lost to him by split decision ..

and let's not forget Ludwig was pro kick boxer .. so we know he is no slouch in the stand up department given the last opponent he has beaten

Sadollah last to hendricks in less then 30 seconds by TKO and Dong Hyung Kim controlled Sadollah in there fight and the last 2 wins Sadollah has had were against low tier fighters with many losses ..

not to be a dik or anything but I believe Duane has more then a fair shot to beat Sadollah .. and If I had to bet money on this fight between the 2 .. my money would most def be on Ludwig ..

hope u can see where I'm coming from

best of luck 2 u and I hope u do win can't wait till sunday soo excited lol

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Ludwig has fought the much tougher competition even though he may have lost some of them in his last 2 fights .. against Darren elkens he was doing well up until he injured ankle .

and Ludwig beated Nick Ospczak by a split decision .. and Nick Oscpzak gave Rick story a very tough fought and only lost to him by split decision ..

and let's not forget Ludwig was pro kick boxer .. so we know he is no slouch in the stand up department given the last opponent he has beaten

Sadollah last to hendricks in less then 30 seconds by TKO and Dong Hyung Kim controlled Sadollah in there fight and the last 2 wins Sadollah has had were against low tier fighters with many losses ..

not to be a dik or anything but I believe Duane has more then a fair shot to beat Sadollah .. and If I had to bet money on this fight between the 2 .. my money would most def be on Ludwig ..

the elkins fight was 44 seconds long. don't think i'm going out on a limb by saying you can't take much from that fight.

1: osipczak arguably got robbed. 2: osipczak gassed out hard in that fight for some reason, and dominated ludwig in the first round.

hendricks is way better than ludwig, and that was more than arguably an early stoppage.

what the hell does getting outwrestled by dong hyun kim have to do with how you fare against duane ludwig?

it's a winnable fight for ludwig as imo amir looked like shit against johnson (which was scary for me because i had a ton of cash on amir that night), but one has to think amir picks ludwig apart with legkicks like he has everyone else. not to mention, amir's going to have a big size advantage, and won't be gassing out.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Did you just have a quick look on wikipedia before writing that Jesus? You're just quoting the results of fights rather than analysing what actually happened. He got dominated by Osipczak in their fight, and would of lost if not for the freakish gassing out that happened to Nick. Sadollah certainly won't gas out. Ludwig's overall stand-up game is over-rated, his defence is particularly porous as has been shown against Miller and Osipczak. Using Story and Stungun as references doesn't make sense as they are both wrestlers and completely different fighters stylistically and physically (both being legit welterweights which Ludwig isn't).

If you think Ludwig will win "decisively" then surely you should be betting a lot on him as he is a +275 underdog? Makes no sense that you wouldn't bet on him when you think he is the favourite?

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

i see jesus points, but the style matchup is very different, and sadollah will very likely win this fight because of ludwigs defencies on the ground, that will affect his standup. But in an pure kickboxing matchup i must say, i dont know whos the best striker. If this fight ends up standing, it can be a bit scary for saddollah, dont you think vagh?

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

I feel like they are really throwing Leroy to the wolves here.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    i see jesus points, but the style matchup is very different, and sadollah will very likely win this fight because of ludwigs defencies on the ground, that will affect his standup. But in an pure kickboxing matchup i must say, i dont know whos the best striker. If this fight ends up standing, it can be a bit scary for saddollah, dont you think vagh?
    Yeah if the fight was a pure stand-up fight then yes Sadollah should be no way near -300, but still a moderate favourite. I'm just assuming that Sadollah will either look to take it to the ground or will drop Ludwig at some point due to Ludwig's defensive deficiencies and follow up on the ground. Let's not forget Sadollah is a Sambo black-belt and although he went to Holland to work on his striking again, he has increased his time spent at Drysdales working on his BJJ.

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    I feel like they are really throwing Leroy to the wolves here.
    By wolves, I'd say only mid-tier talent. He's been pretty unimpressive outside of TUF, and this is just a fight so Dana can prove he should be cut.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I dont think Dana wants to prove that he should be cut, he probably shouldn't of been given another fight in first place after Semerzier rolled through him. If anything Dana wants Leroy to stick around because he's a Bruce Lee fan and marketable! And Hettes is a replacement fighter, was originally supposed to fight Garcia who isn't exactly elite

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I dont think Dana wants to prove that he should be cut, he probably shouldn't of been given another fight in first place after Semerzier rolled through him. If anything Dana wants Leroy to stick around because he's a Bruce Lee fan and marketable! And Hettes is a replacement fighter, was originally supposed to fight Garcia who isn't exactly elite
    True, but this fight does not play well for Leroy staying the he UFC. Leroy is likely to get subbed and although Dana is a Bruce Lee fan, I think he cuts him so Leroy can build up his skills in a smaller circuit operation for a while.