QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Ufc Underdog value???

Nam Phan+185

Nam Phan did lose his Ufc debut, but that fight was questionable.... His opponent Mike Brown, who hasn;t done well in the ufc, this fight would be the elimination of both fighter in the ufc.

Rani Yahya +400

Opponent is 10-0, However, only one victory been in the ufc, while yahya been a veteren in ufc fighting.

Matt Hamill +160
    Lost to quintin Rampage to a decision, and have proven he is a decent fighter beating JOn jones, keith jardine and tito, they are old indeed, but it was a victory.
    The line should be closer for this fight.

What are your opinions, please speak your mind.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    Nam Phan+185

Nam Phan did lose his Ufc debut, but that fight was questionable.... His opponent Mike Brown, who hasn;t done well in the ufc, this fight would be the elimination of both fighter in the ufc.

Rani Yahya +400

Opponent is 10-0, However, only one victory been in the ufc, while yahya been a veteren in ufc fighting.

Matt Hamill +160
    Lost to quintin Rampage to a decision, and have proven he is a decent fighter beating JOn jones, keith jardine and tito, they are old indeed, but it was a victory.
    The line should be closer for this fight.

What are your opinions, please speak your mind.
    Where to start!

Rani Yahya is a UFC veteran??!!

Jon Jones is old?

And you cant include Hamill's "win" over Jones as support to him being a decent fighter!!!

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

LOL @ Hamill beating Jones. Did you even watch the fight?

I do like Yahya at +450 (he was +500 at one point)... but I'm making a play on Mendes by DEC -110 and just hedging w/ Yahya.
    And Nam Pham is worth a play at that price as well. If MTB can get it to the ground and doesn't fade it's probably going to be a long night... however I think Nam Pham can stand toe to toe and win this thing, especially in rd 3. Brown has looked a shell of himself lately so this play is more of a fade on Brown.

SHALOMbagelBOMB
    SHALOMbagelBOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont listen to these guys....hamill dominated jones from start to finish...joned never had a chance

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    LOL @ Hamill beating Jones. Did you even watch the fight?
    Hater's gonna hate. A win is a win, man

I like Natal as the dog. Better veteran.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

The best dog on this card is Mike Pyle (+230)

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Matt Hamill should have been DQ'd by headbutts to the elbow

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Greek View Post
    The best dog on this card is Mike Pyle (+230)
    ^^ what he said

but I would say it's between mike pyle , tito and Nick pace

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

haha tito? youre full of crap.

heres mine : yaha, pierce even though he is a small dog, constantinos and pham. maybe pace as well. But not fck tito dude, not tito.

because of one upset, you mention tito, youre the devil.

SHALOMbagelBOMB
    SHALOMbagelBOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    ^^ what he said

but I would say it's between mike pyle , tito and Nick pace
    fading jesus = lots of cash

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

This is some of the best worst analysis I have ever seen.
    Last edited by v1y; 08-05-11 at 04:57 PM.

Hedge Hawg
    Hedge Hawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    This some of the best worst analysis I have ever seen.
    Not sure what saying.

kevalev27
    kevalev27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow! Was interested by the title cause I do think there are value on underdogs on this card but Hamill beating an old Jon Jones...?

Thanks for wasting my time, you must be a Wikipediaholic to say that, and don't even watch one MMA fight in your life!

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Mike Brown is a classic case of "What have you done for me lately?" Examine the fights instead of just looking at the records on wikipedia or sherdog.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I like this whole lot of dogs across the card... honestly... I think there may be some barking tomorrow.

Not that I like 'em a whole lot, but I like the lot as a whole; ie , can see # of dog wins > # of fav wins type of thing occurring for this event.

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I like this whole lot of dogs across the card... honestly... I think there may be some barking tomorrow.

Not that I like 'em a whole lot, but I like the lot as a whole; ie , can see # of dog wins > # of fav wins type of thing occurring for this event.
    I'm actually the opposite. I see most of the favs taking this event so it's one I'll likely play lightly on. I think Pyle has a shot as well as Nam Pham, but that's really it for me.

scv2222
    scv2222's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok value of betting these underdogs, I would expect a + result:

Tito Ortiz 4.52

Mike Pyle 3.350

Rani Yahya 5.710

Brian Ebersole 2.050

First post guys, long time watcher

PEACE LOVE AND RESPECT

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by scv2222 View Post
    Tito Ortiz 4.52

Mike Pyle 3.350
    I like these ones for value. I think Pyle has a better chance than his odds, but I'm a Rory fanboy as he grew up not too far away. Gotta support the hometown boy.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Mike Brown is a classic case of "What have you done for me lately?" Examine the fights instead of just looking at the records on wikipedia or sherdog.
    I don't quite know what you mean by that quote..

But I think I do.

I think a lot of people are picking nam and its the only thing scary me from taking brown at those pricey odds.

BUt my thing is this - nam is solid, but never and won't be an 'A' level fighter per se. Brown isn't anymore, but his recent losses were to the cream of the crop at 145, and he's also beaten some top dudes at 145. And if you saw his most recent fights against yahya and nunes, its not like it was domination - they were VERY competitive. THe dumb ass writers online make it sound like he got owned and looked like complete shit.

I see him taking nam down at will and grinding him out if not tko/ref gnp stoppage. Yet -220 is too pricey and perhaps brown has really lost his mojo. Picking him to win, but don't think I'll muster the strenght for a bet at that price.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

overall not many enticing dogs imo... The top three potential upsets for me are hamill, pace, and philipou - yet - I think they will lose and I won't be playing them (might do a small $50 on hamill tho). GL dog chasers!

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    Nam Phan+185 Nam Phan did lose his Ufc debut, but that fight was questionable.... His opponent Mike Brown, who hasn;t done well in the ufc, this fight would be the elimination of both fighter in the ufc. Rani Yahya +400 Opponent is 10-0, However, only one victory been in the ufc, while yahya been a veteren in ufc fighting. Matt Hamill +160 Lost to quintin Rampage to a decision, and have proven he is a decent fighter beating JOn jones, keith jardine and tito, they are old indeed, but it was a victory. The line should be closer for this fight. What are your opinions, please speak your mind.

OMFG!!! Where do they get these people from? Do bookies pay them to post crap like this!?!

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Punching Bones Jones' elbows with your face and beating Keith Jardine doesn't prove that you're a decent fighter. Jones actually got frustrated from kicking his ass all match. The ref wouldn't stop the match, and Bones hit him with a 12-6 elbow. You obviously didn't watch the match, or know how shitty Jardine's been over the last couple of YEARS...