ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Someone Of Fedor's Status Should Be Given Every Opportunity To Recover

Maybe it was a good stoppage. But, only for a lesser fighter. Legends like Fedor shouldn't have to go out like this. It should be an unwritten rule. Should have to kill the legend. Bad refereeing. I don't give a shit what anybody says.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Youre probably not very smart either.

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stopped it when fedor was rolled over, eyes rolled back....................

Wesley Snypes
    Wesley Snypes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4546

okkkkkkkkkkkkkk pal

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I think H Dean saw his eyes also when he rolled over. My guess is they were not clear.

I hate to see a legend on his way out.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
    Stopped it when fedor was rolled over, eyes rolled back....................
    I missed that part.. did his eyes actually roll back?

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

A bunch of sore losers on this site. I can understand being in the moment, but it's been 2 days now. Get over it. Herb Dean's job is to protect a fighters safety. He made a judgement call that Fedor was out, fight's over. Did you want Dan to pummel him for 10 more seconds to be satisfied? I can assure you Fedor was not coming back to win that fight.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

@Trace, Someone of your don't give a shit status shouldn't be crying on the interwebz.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 08-01-11 at 08:55 AM.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    @Trace, Someone of your don't give a shit status shouldn't be crying on the interwebz.
    I'm not crying. Or am I a fedor lover. I had no bet on the fight and both of them are pride legends. Just stating my opinion. I have seen refs let the fight go on before. If anytime to not have a quick trigger it is when a legend is fighting.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    A bunch of sore losers on this site. I can understand being in the moment, but it's been 2 days now. Get over it. Herb Dean's job is to protect a fighters safety. He made a judgement call that Fedor was out, fight's over. Did you want Dan to pummel him for 10 more seconds to be satisfied? I can assure you Fedor was not coming back to win that fight.

i sure wish dean was a little more effective at other parts of the job....like restarting action after two guys hug against the cage for three minutes.....he`s a bit slow there...and way too quick with the point deductions....

you don`t hand out point deductions in a three round fight like they`re candy canes.....these guys don`t train for weeks and beat each other down to have a moron like dean take a fight away from them for two fence grabs....you change the outcome of fights.....point deductions should be reserved for flagrant fouls or repeated infractions(by repeated i mean more than two).....the marquardt fight was disgraceful....

when he warned emilianenko that he would be taking a point on the second "fence grab",i almost jumped through the screen...

either he`s incompetent or unethical...i think he`s terrible....the fact that dana thinks he`s better than big john mccarthy just reinforces my opinion...

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

What's wrong with warning Fedor for grabbing the cage? Fedor knows the damn rules, and he did that intentionally to stop a takedown. That's why he was warned right away.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
    What's wrong with warning Fedor for grabbing the cage? Fedor knows the damn rules, and he did that intentionally to stop a takedown. That's why he was warned right away.

he said he was taking a point after the next grab...that`s punitive,imo.....refs seldom take points for two flagrant low blows....

it`s a 3 round fight...not 10 or 12......don`t inject yourself into the outcome unless the violation is repeated(as i said,more than two) or physically debilitating and deliberate..

refs shouldn`t decide fight outcomes...

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    he said he was taking a point after the next grab...that`s punitive,imo.....refs seldom take points for two flagrant low blows....

it`s a 3 round fight...not 10 or 12......don`t inject yourself into the outcome unless the violation is repeated(as i said,more than two) or physically debilitating and deliberate..

refs shouldn`t decide fight outcomes...
    So enforcement of rules specifically identified in the rule book is only applicable after 2 violations have been committed???

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

fedor was robbed.the fight should have continued.now fedor should retire or get in better shape.for 223 pounds
    he could loose 20 pounds of fat easy and fight at 205.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Vrakas View Post
    fedor was robbed.the fight should have continued.now fedor should retire or get in better shape.for 223 pounds
    he could loose 20 pounds of fat easy and fight at 205.
    I don't think fedor was robbed, but I do thing the fight should have been let to continue. Fedor was rocked against "Iron Head" Fujita, and came back to get the win. I don't think he would have won this fight, but I think a fighters career status should play a part in the refs mind as to whether to let the fight continue a second longer. I think fedor should retire.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    This pic is hard to argue with charib.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Have to take in to account the fighter that is doing the damage. This wasnt a bantamweight punching Fedor, it was Dan Henderson - one of the hardest hitters in the business.

And with the whole being allowed to continue because of your status thing, most fighters who have the statuses are the ones who need to be protected more if anything...look at Nog, he has a "status" but is very fragile nowadays!

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Have to take in to account the fighter that is doing the damage. This wasnt a bantamweight punching Fedor, it was Dan Henderson - one of the hardest hitters in the business.

And with the whole being allowed to continue because of your status thing, most fighters who have the statuses are the ones who need to be protected more if anything...look at Nog, he has a "status" but is very fragile nowadays!
    Nog is like a mummy out there now so who cares. But for alot of these guys, this is their last dance. Who cares about protecting them. Because its probably the last time you will see them in the cage anyway.

bjpenn85

woaw, you just opened my eyes. Your really really legit unintelligent. haha wooooaaaaw. Hey people, come over here...look at this jackass!!!!!!

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6100

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Who cares about protecting them. Because its probably the last time you will see them in the cage anyway.
    This kind of attitude causes drain bramage.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    This kind of attitude causes drain bramage.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    You can clearly see Fedor was just about to start possibly intelligently defending himself from this position. I mean look how he has his face buried into the mat. That's just smart fighting because Henderson can't punch him in the face. And the tripod position with his face in the mat, knees on the mat, and ass in the air is a smart defensive position too. Henderson has to climb over his ass just to try and get a punch in. Lastly, look at that motionless left arm. I mean if that is not an intelligent veteran move of baiting Henderson into trying an armbar...
    Points Awarded:

Educ8d Degener8 gave The HOFF 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Nog is like a mummy out there now so who cares. But for alot of these guys, this is their last dance. Who cares about protecting them. Because its probably the last time you will see them in the cage anyway.
    Well I guess if somebody wants MMA legalised in places like New York then protecting fighters whether they have "status" or not is pretty important! And I for one would rather not like to see likes of Nog, Cro-Cop, Fedor, etc... walking around like Muhammed Ali when they're in their 60s.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    You can clearly see Fedor was just about to start possibly intelligently defending himself from this position. I mean look how he has his face buried into the mat. That's just smart fighting because Henderson can't punch him in the face. And the tripod position with his face in the mat, knees on the mat, and ass in the air is a smart defensive position too. Henderson has to climb over his ass just to try and get a punch in. Lastly, look at that motionless left arm. I mean if that is not an intelligent veteran move of baiting Henderson into trying an armbar...
    fukk you hoff

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Yeah tht left arm was clearly just about to elongate in to grabbing a hold of Hendo's foot and rolling into a Palharesesq kneebar!

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Anyone who likes mma Loves Fedor...but Fedor fell to the floor unconscious and then woke up by hitting the floor, that stoppage was fair

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    So enforcement of rules specifically identified in the rule book is only applicable after 2 violations have been committed???
    you use common sense(i know it`s a tough concept for some)....in a 3 round fight you don`t penalize for anything less than egregious fouls or repeated infractions....

you don`t threaten to take a point after the first fence grab less than 2 minutes into the first round.... that`s crazy....i couldn`t believe it when that idiot dean said it...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 08-01-11 at 03:41 PM.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I do believe Fedor may have been out for a split second before regaining consciousness and rolling over so the stoppage may have been justified... but it leaves a lot of us 'as fans' feeling empty. I'm down for a rematch unless Fedor chooses to retire.

But as far as the "someone of Fedor's status should be given ever opportunity to recover" statement, I do not agree with that at all. While favoritism and corruption in MMA does indeed occur, I would hope that every ref would treat each fighter the same in regards to when the fight is stopped.

bjpenn85

hahaha.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    hahaha.
    How old are you?

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I strongly feel if a fighter is robbed by a stoppage that they should get up immediately and start throwing shots at the referee. It serves a few purposes
    1. Shows that they were still in it and the stoppage sucked
    2. Punishes the ref and gives them incentive to do it right next time

If they get up and can't even hurt the ref, the stoppage was justified and proven. No room for debate.

ttrace35

This kind of thing happens all the time. Stars get prefferential treatment in every sport. The same should apply here.

caveira
    caveira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1004

Maybe it was a good stoppage. But, only for a lesser fighter. Legends like Fedor shouldn't have to go out like this. It should be an unwritten rule. Should have to kill the legend. Bad refereeing. I don't give a shit what anybody says.

I can understand your frustration, but Hearb Dean did what had to be done, and stopped in my opinion rightly, we have to be honest, trying to regain his consciousness with a guy like Hendo firing punches at your head is not healthy ...

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

This kind of thing happens all the time. Stars get prefferential treatment in every sport. The same should apply here.
    I think you're confused. When something wrong is going on, the solution isn't to perpetuate it, believe it or not, they should probably work on NOT giving people who play sports (that are almost always governed by objective rules) advantages that aren't in the rulebook.