Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

How is Ellenbergers gas tank? IIRC, he has gassed out in the past.
    Shields has a decent chin, after all, he took the H-Bomb

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

My father passed recently, I wouldn't want to fight a guy after his father died. I expect Shields to have his best showing yet. Ellenberger would have to kill him to finish him here. Shields will dominate. His father was his wrestling coach so he won't try to stand and trade this fight.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    My father passed recently, I wouldn't want to fight a guy after his father died. I expect Shields to have his best showing yet. Ellenberger would have to kill him to finish him here. Shields will dominate. His father was his wrestling coach so he won't try to stand and trade this fight.
    really?....you think you could concentrate on a fight a little more than a week after your father died?.....the grief alone would totally suffocate me......not to mention all the preparations and side issues you have to deal with...... ...like helping his mother....

sounds more like Hollywood than real life to me......

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Kind of reminds me of the Ian Freeman situation before his fight with Mir...

"Oh, unbelievably so. I could honestly say, that night there would have been no man alive beat me. It’s a bit of a sad story: My father was in hospital dying of cancer. Running up to the weeks before, I wasn’t even going to fight, but my mother said, ‘Your dad would love you to win the fight – go on and do it. Come back and tell him you’ve won, you’ve beaten the golden boy.’

"So I went to London the week before, telling everybody they’re not to ring me no matter what the news is. I’ve just got to concentrate on the fight, beat him, and go and tell my dad. So I was just so psychologically switched on, no matter who you put against me in the cage that night, nobody would have beaten me. My sole goal was just to win and win quick. The result was I beat Frank Mir, dedicated the fight to my father, went backstage and rang my mother, and my mother told me my father died the day before. My mother said he would have had the best seat in the house. ‘You’ve done him proud."

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I like the motivational angle on it to be honest. Everyone handles the death of a loved one differently, but seeing as how Shield's father was his manager/mentor/wrestling coach and always pushed him to do his best to overcome adversity and watched every single fight of his... I think Jake does everything in his power to win this fight in memory of his Dad.

I remember when Cerrone's Grandfather passed away (who was basically a Father to him) just 20 minutes before his UFC debut, he came in motivated to fight and submitted Kelly in the 2nd. I seriously wouldn't rule out Shields getting the sub in this one when he gets it to the ground.

The lines may be set about right, but I just feel like this is Shields night to shine...
    And I've bet on Ellenberger many times in the past.

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

just a reminder to u idiots .. ellenberger is not Dan .. he is only 26 years old and his fight with Carlos Condit could of went either way really .. and Dan did almost knock out shields .. but he gassed out and did not follow up on it .. he looked sloppy in that fight if u ask me lol

shields has literally no stand up .. I don't care what u guys say about him beating st.pierre in the stand up .. because st.pierre is nothing but a lay and pray kind of guy like Shields , Jon Fitch .. he is in those category

Ellenberger WILL knock him out .. Dan is 40 years old and almost knocked out Shields but just did not follow up on it .. no reason why a much younger .. more well rounded Ellenberger who has Fist of Zeus the thunder god himsellf

all I know is this fight won't be going to a decision ..

stylistically it's like a match up of let's say between Jon Fitch and Johny Hendricks .. and If that fight were to happen Hendricks will beat the living shit out of Fitch to retirement

GL though lol

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shields is not going to put himself in a position to get knocked out. If this fight even happens now.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    really?....you think you could concentrate on a fight a little more than a week after your father died?.....the grief alone would totally suffocate me......not to mention all the preparations and side issues you have to deal with...... ...like helping his mother....

sounds more like Hollywood than real life to me......
    Maybe you should go look up how Brett Favre did on MNF only a few days after his father died or how Buster Douglas did against Mike Tyons only weeks after his mother died.............then get back with us.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    just a reminder to u idiots .. ellenberger is not Dan .. he is only 26 years old and his fight with Carlos Condit could of went either way really .. and Dan did almost knock out shields .. but he gassed out and did not follow up on it .. he looked sloppy in that fight if u ask me lol

shields has literally no stand up .. I don't care what u guys say about him beating st.pierre in the stand up .. because st.pierre is nothing but a lay and pray kind of guy like Shields , Jon Fitch .. he is in those category

Ellenberger WILL knock him out .. Dan is 40 years old and almost knocked out Shields but just did not follow up on it .. no reason why a much younger .. more well rounded Ellenberger who has Fist of Zeus the thunder god himsellf

stylistically it's like a match up of let's say between Jon Fitch and Johny Hendricks .. and If that fight were to happen Hendricks will beat the living shit out of Fitch to retirement

GL though lol
    You sir are clueless.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

GL though lol
    If Fitch/Hendricks were to happen the line for going the distance would be at least -300. And it would still have lots of value.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

GL though lol
    fitch decisively takes two rounds against pierce, pierce and hendricks are dead even, and you conclude hendricks would beat the living shit out of fitch?

okie.

jesuseatsnubs

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    If Fitch/Hendricks were to happen the line for going the distance would be at least -300. And it would still have lots of value.
    honestly i would say it's 50/50 .. either Hendricks knocks him out .. or hendricks wins by a CLEAR unanimous decision ..

I see Shields vs Ellenberger as same fight as Fitch vs Hendricks ..

except I personally think Hendricks is just a bit better then ellenberger overall

GL though .. but then again this is my opinion .. go listen to those "EXPERTS" lol

jesuseatsnubs

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Shields is not going to put himself in a position to get knocked out. If this fight even happens now.
    remember when I told u guys Duane Bang Ludwig is gonna destory Amir Sadollah .. u guys bitched at me saying sadollah is a lock ..

just remember this .. ELLENBERGER 1st or 2nd round KO/TKO

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Remember when u sed that Dan Miller was DEFINITELY going to win a decision against Palhares?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

honestly i would say it's 50/50 .. either Hendricks knocks him out .. or hendricks wins by a CLEAR unanimous decision ..
    Nice, should be easy money for you, since Fitch will be at least a 3-1 favorite.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Maybe you should go look up how Brett Favre did on MNF only a few days after his father died or how Buster Douglas did against Mike Tyons only weeks after his mother died.............then get back with us.
    just saying that i couldn`t go through with it...i wouldn`t be leaving my family alone to train for a fight at a time like that....some can...some think it`s fantastic and makes a guy some kind of hero....some think it`s selfish and self serving......depends on what a man`s priorities are....i wouldn`t give a shit about a fight or fight fans....my family would come first...period...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 09-01-11 at 06:25 AM.

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

remember when I told u guys Duane Bang Ludwig is gonna destory Amir Sadollah .. u guys bitched at me saying sadollah is a lock ..

just remember this .. ELLENBERGER 1st or 2nd round KO/TKO
    Remember when you gave us your pics and they were wrong and you lost tons of money (5k, or so you say)? I'm trying not to get sucked in by the TROLL but your pics are generally terrible, your betting history atrocious, and you had a picture of a dick (hopefully not yours because it was pitiful) on your profile for MONTHS. That destroys any credibility you may have had.

Dude MONTHS.

Go think about all of this in a corner somewhere, quietly.

First 123