Hat McCulloch
    rippin and shreddin
    Hat McCulloch's Avatar Become A Pro!

who has Ellenberger beaten that's a "contender".. the only semi good guy he beat is John Howard

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

No one. But do you think he can replicate martin kampmanns strategy? I will say kampmann vs shields was a very close fight that could have gone both ways. Kampmann did several times fail to shrug shields off when he had the opportunity to, if ellenberger fight up to his potential i believe he can win, barely.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    No one. But do you think he can replicate martin kampmanns strategy? I will say kampmann vs shields was a very close fight that could have gone both ways. Kampmann did several times fail to shrug shields off when he had the opportunity to, if ellenberger fight up to his potential i believe he can win, barely.
    He'd have to rely on Shields having a shitty weight cut and gassing out in the second round though (which was the main factor in the Kampmann fight). I think this is unlikely as Shields is keeping his weight down now at around 185 to 190lbs rather than 190to 200 like before the Kampmann fight. Also, he's been 5 rounds with GSP since the Kampmann fight. I highly doubt he goes in to the Ellenberger fight as drained as he did against Kampmann

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

look at these idiots thinking I don't know my UFC ..

I breath and eat UFC for a living .. just because I screw up bellator .. an organization which I've only watched 3 events of in TOTAL .. does not mean I don't know my UFC .. which I have been watching regulary since at least early 2007

keep talking shit .. in the mean while I layed another $300 on ellenberger .. so I have about $972 in total on ellenberger

before u like a donkey on steroids .. shut the hell up cuz ur gonna look real stupid .. the chances of Jake shields getting knocked out by ellenberger is pretty likely .. I'm assuming u missed the back and forth fight of his fight with condit .. which could have gone either way ..

but hey .. keep riding shields dik all u want .. but don't come challenging me when it comes to UFC .. boy I GUARANTEE U .. ellenberger will win ..

If he does not win .. I tell ya what .. I will delete my account .. ellenberger would rather easily win this by the 2nd round possibly 1st KO/TKO .. just my opinion

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Pretty sure u said u'd delete ur account or not come back on here last time u sh*t the bed with one of ur parlays! And you keep sayin that u've watched UFC since 2007 like it's some sort of amazing achievement that gives u an edge over everybody else! A lot of people were watching MMA before you were even born!

And why do you keep alluding to the Condit fight? Condit is nothing like Shields, and Shields has already beaten Condit, though you probably wouldnt know that because it wasnt in UFC and was before 2007!

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

you will close your account if ellenberger loses, interesting..

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

He'd have to rely on Shields having a shitty weight cut and gassing out in the second round though (which was the main factor in the Kampmann fight). I think this is unlikely as Shields is keeping his weight down now at around 185 to 190lbs rather than 190to 200 like before the Kampmann fight. Also, he's been 5 rounds with GSP since the Kampmann fight. I highly doubt he goes in to the Ellenberger fight as drained as he did against Kampmann
    No doubt the weight cut had a noticible affect on Jake's gas tank during that fight. But that's a different thing from Kampmann's grappling skills and Jake's issues when it went to the mat in that fight.

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    look at these idiots thinking I don't know my UFC .. I breath and eat UFC for a living .. just because I screw up bellator .. an organization which I've only watched 3 events of in TOTAL .. does not mean I don't know my UFC .. which I have been watching regulary since at least early 2007 keep talking shit .. in the mean while I layed another $300 on ellenberger .. so I have about $972 in total on ellenberger before u like a donkey on steroids .. shut the hell up cuz ur gonna look real stupid .. the chances of Jake shields getting knocked out by ellenberger is pretty likely .. I'm assuming u missed the back and forth fight of his fight with condit .. which could have gone either way .. but hey .. keep riding shields dik all u want .. but don't come challenging me when it comes to UFC .. boy I GUARANTEE U .. ellenberger will win .. If he does not win .. I tell ya what .. I will delete my account .. ellenberger would rather easily win this by the 2nd round possibly 1st KO/TKO .. just my opinion
    Bro you are like 2-7 in the last 9 events...combine that with the fact that your only 2 "wins" weren't documented...all you did was create a thread bragging about how you won $347 after the fight ended...you are a joke...at least everyone knows I'm trolling half the time...you're actually serious about your posts. Not to mention, you posted a pic of your small penis thinking people would be impressed.

jesuseatsnubs

Quote Originally Posted by NutsINyoMOUTH View Post
    Bro you are like 2-7 in the last 9 events...combine that with the fact that your only 2 "wins" weren't documented...all you did was create a thread bragging about how you won $347 after the fight ended...you are a joke...at least everyone knows I'm trolling half the time...you're actually serious about your posts. Not to mention, you posted a pic of your small penis thinking people would be impressed.

2-7 .. are u kidding me ..

do u want me to post screenshots of my bets ..

for UFC 129 , 131 and 132 and possibly 130 .. Have to double check on that .. I went 7 out of 8 fights correct for each event I made bets on ..

so for 129 .. 7 out of 8 correct , 131 and so on .. and UFC 129 was just when I started ..

I've only been missing my big parlays by 1 each time mostly ..

and dam u violent in ur posts dude .. calm the fk down and smoke some cuban cigars and just chill .. holy shit u talk liked I raped ur mother

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha NickDiaz209 vs Jesuseatsnubs.... Clash of the Titans!

jesuseatsnubs

Pretty sure u said u'd delete ur account or not come back on here last time u sh*t the bed with one of ur parlays! And you keep sayin that u've watched UFC since 2007 like it's some sort of amazing achievement that gives u an edge over everybody else! A lot of people were watching MMA before you were even born!

And why do you keep alluding to the Condit fight? Condit is nothing like Shields, and Shields has already beaten Condit, though you probably wouldnt know that because it wasnt in UFC and was before 2007!
    yeah .. but that was when .. back in 2006 .. Carlos of now is another whole another level then when Jake Shields fought him ..

Besides Jake Shields is 32 years old and I just can't see him getting better with each fight .. considering how his looked worse each fought .. ( Look at his fight with GSP .. It was PATHETIC )

I am not here trying to start arguments or what not .. so there is no need for u to go and attack me .. u have ur opinion and I have mine .. But I guarantee u my opinions on Strikeforce / UFC events are gold ..

having said that just remember that if Dan Handerson who is 40 years old .. actually followed up with his punches on Jake Shields in their fight .. Jake would of been a goner .. but you think a young hungry 26 year old Jake Ellenberger is not gonna hit harder then Dan Henderson .. and not follow up on it .. u dead wrong bitch

I honestly see a 1st round KO/TKO or 2nd KO/TKO or if it does go to a 3rd round I might me able to see Jake shields getting the 3rd round due to ellenbergers questionable gas tank .. But I really think if it does go to a decision it will be unanimous in favor of ellenberger ..

best of luck and i am gonna be depositing another $4000 to my Pinnacle account and going all in on 2 parlay on a strikeforce event that will be coming soon

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

The fact that Condit-Ellenberger was close doesnt fare well for Ellenberger. Shields wrestling especially but also grappling is better than Condits is. Shields has a solid chin to see him through much of what Ellenberger has to offer. If Ellenberger cant KO him, he may be dead in the water. Its certainly possible though. You would do well to stop thinking in terms of locks. Everything is percentage chances. Many possible outcomes. Also, wait until the fight gets closer, I think money comes in on Shields.

jesuseatsnubs

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    The fact that Condit-Ellenberger was close doesnt fare well for Ellenberger. Shields wrestling especially but also grappling is better than Condits is. Shields has a solid chin to see him through much of what Ellenberger has to offer. If Ellenberger cant KO him, he may be dead in the water. Its certainly possible though. You would do well to stop thinking in terms of locks. Everything is percentage chances. Many possible outcomes. Also, wait until the fight gets closer, I think money comes in on Shields.
    While I may agree with u to a certain extent .. I just can't get out my mind Shield's performance against GSP .. it was just garbage and he literally had no stand up ability AT ALL ..

however I feel very confident on ellenberger and If I had bet on shields instead of ellenberger .. I wud be shitting my pants right now .. since I don't think Shields chances to beat a guy like Ellenberger are good ..

just my opinion though .. we'll see September 17

best of luck 2 u .. and man am I so excitedd for this Saturdays Strikeforce event but I never get excited for Fedor fights .. that fat Russian does not excite me at all and needs to get his fat ass back to Russia and retire .. I don't care how good he is or how good people think he is .. I just don't get excited seeing him fight AT ALL .. and find him boring as FK !

having said that though my money is still on the fat Russian .. best of luck and Let's win some $$ this Saturday

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

While I may agree with u to a certain extent .. I just can't get out my mind Shield's performance against GSP .. it was just garbage and he literally had no stand up ability AT ALL ...
    I'm about the farthest thing from Shields fan, but to be fair, he did more damage to GSP in the stand-up than Koscheck, Hardy and Alves combined... (granted, there was a bit of open fingered punching going on)

full disclosure: haven't dedicated time to capping Shields v Ellenberger and don't have a horse in the race at this point.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe the fat russian won't be fat for this fight. He's been training, losing weight and improving his speed.

FightFightFight

Try watching pre 2007 fat russian footage. He was indeed one of the greatest of all time, and with 90% 1st rd finishes, definitely not boring. I love the man. Im on Hendo though. Worried about his chin after being rocked last fight, but Fedor just wants to go home to his family. Maybe after another loss, he wont be as valuable to Vadim and the boys, and they'll let him and his family go...
    The main argument for Fedor is his size advantage, but bear in mind that 220 is still lighter than most of the LHWs that Hendo fights.

FightFightFight

GSP is GSP. He has footwork that Ellenberger could never have, and way better wrestling.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see any way Ellenberger will be able to stop Shields taking him down and either submitting him or winning 30-27. Shields is not going to stand up with him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

best of luck 2 u .. and man am I so excitedd for this Saturdays Strikeforce event but I never get excited for Fedor fights .. that fat Russian does not excite me at all and needs to get his fat ass back to Russia and retire .. I don't care how good he is or how good people think he is .. I just don't get excited seeing him fight AT ALL .. and find him boring as FK !

having said that though my money is still on the fat Russian .. best of luck and Let's win some $$ this Saturday
    WOW! So you think Fedor is fat and should retire yet still betting on him at -200 or worse to beat Henderson

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Uhh, why would you bet that Shields would get knocked out when he has only been TKO'd once over ten years ago?

Not a great bet, not a terrible one....but not great.

jesuseatsnubs

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    Uhh, why would you bet that Shields would get knocked out when he has only been TKO'd once over ten years ago?

Not a great bet, not a terrible one....but not great.
    I bet that ellenberger wud win the fight .. I did not bet on any props or anything ..

also while I may agree with u guys to a certain extent .. I talk to Jake ellenberger on twitter .. and he tells me he has trained with Shogun Rua and a lot of the other guys in KINGS MMA ..

and let's not say that Jake Ellenberger has NO wrestling .. as he is a wrestler

Rank NCAA Division II Wrestler

Ellenberger is also an assistant wrestling coach for the NCAA Division II National Champion University of Nebraska

so It's not like he won't be able to negate Jake Shields wrestling and knee him to the face ..

out of a total of 3 rounds and 15 minute of fight .. u don't think he will connect once and drop Jake Shields like Dan Henderson dropped Jake shields .. then he will just go in go the kill with more punches and It's all over ..

I see that happening and I honestly see Jake Ellenberger rather easily winning ..

thanks for the advice though .. BEST OF LUCK ALL

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    I don't see any way Ellenberger will be able to stop Shields taking him down and either submitting him or winning 30-27. Shields is not going to stand up with him.
    Dumbest post ever? Jake Shields takedown ability is very average...there's a difference between grappling and takedown offense.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NutsINyoMOUTH View Post
    Dumbest post ever? Jake Shields takedown ability is very average...there's a difference between grappling and takedown offense.
    What? Jake is going to take the fight to the ground and Ellenburger won't be able to stop about it. He's no GSP

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

good luck and how is the rooster doin?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Jake SHields father died today. Wonde if he'll pull out of the Ellenberger fight, or go out like a man-possessed

Chairib

I was leaning Ellenberger but changed over to Jake Shields as of late, possibly by split decision.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Yeah it's gonna be close for sure

Chairib

Unless Ellenberger catches Shields in the first round with punches, which I admit is entirely possible, it's going to turn into a grappling match. And upon further examination Ellenberger's groundwork, it's definitely his weakest area. A position hog like Shields should be able to capitalize on that in rounds two and three.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Jake SHields father died today. Wonde if he'll pull out of the Ellenberger fight, or go out like a man-possessed

i was checking to see if this was posted....i don`t know how shields can get his head straight enough to go through with this fight unless dana browbeats him in his usual "roundabout" manner("do what you think is right,but we really would like to see you in there,kid").....much like he tried to pressure nick ring in the ultimate fighter....

might just have to bet out of my -160 wager now.....reallly,really liked shields here....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 08-30-11 at 05:42 PM.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still like Shields and still waiting on decision prop. If I can get a decent line on it.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

The Cesar Gracie camp definitely thrives on emotion to push their fighters to the limits. I think Shields is going to be dedicating this fight to his Father after he picks up the Dubya.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Still like Shields and still waiting on decision prop. If I can get a decent line on it.
    It's at +104 right now.... but you can't rule out a sub. I like Shields to to -200 straight up. His ground game will be too much for Ellenberger and there is no way he keeps it standing. Shields is a level above imo and it will show here.
    Last edited by sirchadwick1; 08-31-11 at 10:14 AM.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

i can tell you a jake is gonig to win and a jake will lose.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post
    i can tell you a jake is gonig to win and a jake will lose.
    Oh dear, Bas Rutten as already took the piss out of funny guys like you on inside mma and said this one!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

To be honest, I think the line is about dead on in this fight. Probably a no play for me, but if I had to play it would be on Shields. I think his stand up was good against GSP and think he will counter nicely against Ellenberger. If it goes to the ground Shields should dominate, one reason why GSP kept the majority of their fight standing imo.

GL

First 123 Last