PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Condit has the best sweeps in the business. May be the difference especially against a smaller opponent.
    agreed that condit has excellent sweeps, but when has penn ever been swept?

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    agreed that condit has excellent sweeps, but when has penn ever been swept?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPZFxlB-Qvs

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Fitch swept him didnt he? Could be wrong. And when has Penn ever been on top...

FightFightFight

Maybe it was when Penn took the back, Fitch turned around. Not a sweep exactly.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yeah if I remember it correctly it was more because Penn didn't use the body triangle and just had hooks in that weren't tight enough, he relaxed for a second and Fitch just seized on the opportunity and spun round.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NutsINyoMOUTH View Post
    You guys are all delusional...bj penn is gonna molest condit...this is such a mismatch it's not even funny.

With the exception of gsp, who can take down fitch? Um, apparently bj penn...bj is gonna take all your money and you don't even see it coming.

You think condit is good because he beat some asian can with 0 stand-up? If you think about it objectively you will realize penn is a huge lock
    I am biased and am leaning toward condit via late stoppage, but you're really over confident imo and I think you're giving BJ way too much credit and not giving carlos enough.

I think condit is good because he's fought much of the best at ww, gave them all they could handle, and doesn't get finished. He also is one of the only fighters I can think of with that high of a finish - win ratio. And he is about as mentally sound as a fighter can get, something BJ is not imo. This will be one of the most competitive fights ever and is truly one of the best matches ever.

Shame on you at calling this a mismatch. Thankfully you're not Joe Silva.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Fitch swept him didnt he? Could be wrong. And when has Penn ever been on top...
    wasn't penn on top of fitch? the thing with penn is, whenever he gets on top, he usually transitions to the back pretty quick.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

wasn't penn on top of fitch? the thing with penn is, whenever he gets on top, he usually transitions to the back pretty quick.
    Yeah, he had Fitch's back with hooks in

FightFightFight

He was, but as I remember fitch gained top position for a while in rd 2. Again, not sure. Don't remember last weeks fights clearly...

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I'm just ready for the damn Odds to be up... what in the hell is taking so damn long? This thing should have been up days ago. I'm growing very impatient.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yeah, he had Fitch's back with hooks in
    you rang?

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Penn fans are too funny. If you judge Penn by what u read and hear he is amazing.

If you judge him by what you see he is good bit not great.

1 win in 14 months

Hasn't won 3 in a row in
    years

Has beat exactly 1 fighter at welterweight.

I'm betting condit at any odds

stefan084

I'm a Penn fan because I love the way he fights and what he seems to be like as a person. I'm not some front runner who only likes a fighter if he is on a hot streak. I agree he's unproven at welterweight but the man is one of two UFC fighters to hold belts in two different weight classes and has fought just about anyone and everyone throughout his MMA career. He deserves to be respected and I think it's a mistake to play Condit at any odds just because of your dislike for Penn

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    you rang?

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    I'm a Penn fan because I love the way he fights and what he seems to be like as a person. I'm not some front runner who only likes a fighter if he is on a hot streak. I agree he's unproven at welterweight but the man is one of two UFC fighters to hold belts in two different weight classes and has fought just about anyone and everyone throughout his MMA career. He deserves to be respected and I think it's a mistake to play Condit at any odds just because of your dislike for Penn
    Don't wanna bash BJ, he's a great fighter and I enjoy watching him, really enjoy it. BUt imo he is probably the BIGGEST poor sport in mma, and still has his rich boy attitude and thinks his shit don't stink (although, I'm sure it could be worse, especially coming from one of the wealthiest plantation families in hawaii). Def don't like his cockiness, excuses and sour attitude when he loses. The gsp greasing thing was disgusting, whether gsp was greasing or not BJ got his ass handed to him and 100 gallons of saudi oil wouldn't have saved him in that fight. CAlling GSp a quitter in all the pre-fight hype, talking all that nonsense and then quitting himself after the 4th round was GREAT to watch. And then pulling the grease card afterwards just really made me laugh. I highly respect as you said, though, that he really will fight anyone anytime. And best of all he is exciting. A great fighter and respected, yes; a great person, I'd say no.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

condit can only win this 1 way: by tko in the 3rd.

penn will take the dec and if theres a finish in the first 2 rounds, itll be by penn.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

bookmaker

stefan084

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    Don't wanna bash BJ, he's a great fighter and I enjoy watching him, really enjoy it. BUt imo he is probably the BIGGEST poor sport in mma, and still has his rich boy attitude and thinks his shit don't stink (although, I'm sure it could be worse, especially coming from one of the wealthiest plantation families in hawaii). Def don't like his cockiness, excuses and sour attitude when he loses. The gsp greasing thing was disgusting, whether gsp was greasing or not BJ got his ass handed to him and 100 gallons of saudi oil wouldn't have saved him in that fight. CAlling GSp a quitter in all the pre-fight hype, talking all that nonsense and then quitting himself after the 4th round was GREAT to watch. And then pulling the grease card afterwards just really made me laugh. I highly respect as you said, though, that he really will fight anyone anytime. And best of all he is exciting. A great fighter and respected, yes; a great person, I'd say no.
    I can see how people would think that because of some of the stuff he said but if you watch his day to day interaction with people( which I do on BJPenn.com--like I said,big fan) you would see that he actually is very likable and does a ton of stuff for his community. He did talk trash about GSP but GSPs promotional people and BJs agreed that they were both supposed to talk a ton of shit for the fight to hype it up and then George bailed and played the good guy. Also he didn't quit he was getting his ass beat and his brother threw in the towel,which I would hope my brother would do as well. Anyway,I don't necessarily think welterweight is were he should be because he will get overpowered at this weight imo but not by Condit. I think he matches up well in this fight compared to some of the bigger wrestling welterweights

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Well it looks like Penn is the favorite

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

I wud go for Carlos Condit for as much as -250 .. at -105 It's a steal .. too bad I don't have a bookmaker account lol .. I'd probably drive it down to -200 If i had an account there lol

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    I wud go for Carlos Condit for as much as -250 .. at -105 It's a steal .. too bad I don't have a bookmaker account lol .. I'd probably drive it down to -200 If i had an account there lol

Well, seems like you could open one in the time you posted this. I maxed it twice and didn't budge the line. Maybe your money smells sharper than mine.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

He could be right, maybe Condit is value to -250, but then he'd parlay him with Yahya and Hamill. . .

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

I hope you arent serious............-250?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    He could be right, maybe Condit is value to -250, but then he'd parlay him with Yahya and Hamill. . .
    true

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

bookmaker

I would bet that closer to fight time, Penn will be the dog. I'm going to be holding off until then as althought I'm a huge Condit fan, I think BJ takes this fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

BJ is gonna go to the death...to the death...he's not gonna stop!

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    I would bet that closer to fight time, Penn will be the dog. I'm going to be holding off until then as althought I'm a huge Condit fan, I think BJ takes this fight.

i actually think there's value on penn at -125, but i agree with you that the line will probably get better and he will likely be the dog at some point.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

i actually think there's value on penn at -125, but i agree with you that the line will probably get better and he will likely be the dog at some point.
    I doubt BJ will get much better than +110. But I don't believe that it will get worse than -125 so I'm OK waiting this one out for a bit.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Penn +104 on Pinnacle currently

NutsINyoMOUTH
    NutsINyoMOUTH's Avatar Become A Pro!

BJ is gonna go to the death...to the death...he's not gonna stop!
    How dare you??!! Go hug GSP's greased nuts some more...If GSP had any balls he'd go up and fight Canderson...but it's ok he will get destroyed by Diaz

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

First 12