bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Pat curran vs Ronnie mann

I have watched tape on both guys, do anyone have strong opinions about either fighter?

My conclusion is:

- No advantage to either fighter on the ground. Mann gets taken down, less for each of his last fights, but is athletic and have an active guard. For a good wrestler like guida, or someone in that alley, may be able to exploit this deficiency, but i dont think curran can. Its rather difficult to assess ground advantage as mann hasn't faced anyone in the upper division except from haoki where he lost by submission in round 1. That is a couple of years ago, and he would most likely have done a far better job, if this was just a year after.

- No advantage standing. Mann looks like a mixture of paul daley and gsp. Good balance, good hooks, and good combinations where he sometimes finishes off with a low kick. Curran seems flat footed and stationary, but makes up for some of this with good counters.

conclusion: I fight that likely will go to decision, where pat curran wins an unwarrented decision. In my eyes he lost against imada, and should have lost against roger huerta as well.

disagree? please, be my guest..

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Agree, I think Curran by decision is most likely outcome. Think the odds of -130 Curran and +118 Mann are about right.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Should be a great fight.

bjpenn85

I think well have to give mann the slight advantage in this fight if it stayes standing. I think it will be standing. But somehow i still favor curran to win the fight. And for some weird reason pat curran wins decisions like leonard garcia!

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

gotta go with Pat curran

bjpenn85

How? Are you willing to bet on it? if yes, how many units?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    gotta go with Pat curran
    Love my Ronnie play now.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Love my Ronnie play now.
    hahah Jesus cannot be beated tho

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I have watched tape on both guys, do anyone have strong opinions about either fighter?

My conclusion is:

- No advantage to either fighter on the ground. Mann gets taken down, less for each of his last fights, but is athletic and have an active guard. For a good wrestler like guida, or someone in that alley, may be able to exploit this deficiency, but i dont think curran can. Its rather difficult to assess ground advantage as mann hasn't faced anyone in the upper division except from haoki where he lost by submission in round 1. That is a couple of years ago, and he would most likely have done a far better job, if this was just a year after.

- No advantage standing. Mann looks like a mixture of paul daley and gsp. Good balance, good hooks, and good combinations where he sometimes finishes off with a low kick. Curran seems flat footed and stationary, but makes up for some of this with good counters.

conclusion: I fight that likely will go to decision, where pat curran wins an unwarrented decision. In my eyes he lost against imada, and should have lost against roger huerta as well.

disagree? please, be my guest..

i was really really hoping that either guy would be matched against sandro......i think we would have gotten very playable odds on either....
    damn !!

i`m going to be stupid and take a shot with malegarie at + odds on general principle.....winning in japan doesn`t always translate into winning when you head west....sandro really didn`t look all that athletic to me....malegarie did....

watch...sandro will show up....
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 07-20-11 at 04:06 PM.

rochestertitans
    betpoints ARE MY ONLY BANKROLL
    rochestertitans's Avatar Become A Pro!

no bet

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2410

Curran looks awfully big and strong at 145. Both guys seem to be approving each time out. Hard to see Mann finish Curran when Alvarez could not. I'm gonna bite on the -130.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i was really really hoping that either guy would be matched against sandro......i think we would have gotten very playable odds on either....
    damn !!

i`m going to be stupid and take a shot with malegarie at + odds on general principle.....winning in japan doesn`t always translate into winning when you head west....sandro really didn`t look all that athletic to me....malegarie did....

watch...sandro will show up....
    Agree with the Malegarie play, I'm just holding out for a better price. Hoping for at least +190. Malegarie's pace and output could definitely give Sandro some trouble.

Hard to say where the line moves,though. I could just as easily see it closing around +155.

poopoo333
    poopoo333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4163

You guys think Grove will beat Jensen? I took him @-280