GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

About what Chael Sonnen said about Japanese fighters.

Sonnen said that the fighters from the Japanese circuit are terrible fighters. He said the only good fighter from Japan is Takanori Gomi.

Based on Sonnen's logic. Akiyama will lose to Belfort? Akiyama never had a strong win in the UFC octagon. Akiyama only won by split decision.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

he's got a point. except for yushin okami, japanese fighters have not been anywhere near a title shot much less #1 contendership.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Sonnen said that the fighters from the Japanese circuit are terrible fighters. He said the only good fighter from Japan is Takanori Gomi.

Based on Sonnen's logic. Akiyama will lose to Belfort? Akiyama never had a strong win in the UFC octagon. Akiyama only won by split decision.
    i wonder if akiyama will get cut by the ufc when he loses to belfort or whether he will try the ww class. i kind of want him to try the welterweight division.

geist
    geist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If Sexyama cuts weight he would lose his sex appeal and collective MMA fans will forever be scarred.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

akiyama at WW is a great start for him. hes a midget at mw.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

belfort wins easy, then him and sonnen shud match up

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

When did Chael say this. He trained with Okami for a while.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post

acutally he said the only good fighter is yushin okami.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Yes, I made a typo.

I meant to say Yushin Okami not Takanori Gomi. Japanese names are sometimes confusing.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Well, at least he calls it like it is!

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Regarding Okami in 2009, this idiot also said: "He's a step in the wrong direction. Unmarketable," Sonnen told UFC.com. "Not pleasing to watch and a horrible interview."

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

sonnen should get another title fight.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by spargament View Post
    Regarding Okami in 2009, this idiot also said: "He's a step in the wrong direction. Unmarketable," Sonnen told UFC.com. "Not pleasing to watch and a horrible interview."
    LOL Every word was true. That was before Okami asked to train with him. Okami has gotten better at fighting and interviews since.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
    Well, at least he calls it like it is!
    No he doesn't you ******* twit.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I would love to see chael get back into the octagon against a HEALTHY anderson silva and see what the outcome is this time!

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    I would love to see chael get back into the octagon against a HEALTHY anderson silva and see what the outcome is this time!
    X2, interested to see silvas gameplan after the first fight. Easily the most dominated hes ever been in a fight.

varkolek
    varkolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2430

If Chael discredits fighters from the Japanese circuit, like Fedor and Wand on the one hand, he discredits republican American wrestlers like Dan Henderson by extension. Wand is awful now without speed and chin, but he was a buzzsaw back in the day. Sonnen talks about how Henderson is the most accomplished fighter, but Henderson fought on the Japanese circuit and I doubt he volunteered to get brutalised by Wand the first time.

Saying Yushin Okami is the only legit Japanese fighter, because he never fought in the Japanese circuit, is pretty transparent when he trains with Yushin Okami. Chael saying to Cro Cop that mediocrity is the highest achievement of Croatia goes beyond hyping a fight and is pretty bigoted.

I like Dan Henderson, but it's kind of a mark against him that he has ever associated with Chael. Matt Lindland and Chael ghost tap whereas Hendo doesn't, so maybe he's just had the bad fortune of being in the same company as Republican wrestlers. Also, I think Hendo sued Matt Lindland.