ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Leg Kicks Will Be The Key To Rampage vs Jones

I thinks bones jones awkward side leg kicks to the knee, is a underrated weapon. Those kicks were a big key to the success against shogun. Shogun could never get inside because he was neautralized by those side kicks to the knee. It was way more effective than a jab. Rampage has trouble with leg kicks(griffin), and I don't see him being able to get inside. Rampage's knees will take a beating in this one. Thoughts??

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Let's hope he is smart enough to go with that gameplan. Sometimes fighters get too cute with game planning and go against the obvious. However, I'm seeing the same thing tracer.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

rampage is way to slow his only hope is if he gets a lucky punch knock out ,otherwise he will lose.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

This fight is not up for debate. If there was a betting opportunity called TKO leg kick +1900 i would gladly go for it. This fight jon jones win if not it is probably Rampage KO round 1.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Jones is going to be a huge problem for Rampage with his size and skillset. The way he ragdolled Bader was pretty shocking... and I have a feeling he'll do the same to Quinton. I'm sure the leg kicks will soften him up before he gets him down and pounds him out. I'm thinking Bones gets the TKO win here and Rampage's only shot is to land a big bomb.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Rampage is a can. Jon Jones is going to kick his ass. I'd say tko 2nd round.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

LOL... can.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I'm worried that Jon Jones might buy his own hype and take Rampage lightly, and not fight the smartest fight, similar to GSP in his first title defense. Also, has Jones even been hit hard?

But I otherwise agree this should be a one sided beating. Leg kicks from the outside until a takedown from the clinch. Rampage is tough though. He will last a few rounds, maybe the distance.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    LOL... can.
    You wouldn't say that he is?
    He beats Matt Hamill and he's a contender? What a fuking joke. Give him a real opponent for title contention and I bet he gets his ass handed to him.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

# of fights in the history of mma won via side kick to the knee: 0.

maybe it's underrated, but I have a feeling the UFC won't turn into the "ultimate knee kicking championship" any time soon.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    # of fights in the history of mma won via side kick to the knee: 0.

maybe it's underrated, but I have a feeling the UFC won't turn into the "ultimate knee kicking championship" any time soon.
    Go back and watch Aldo/Faber. It shows as a decision, but it was because Aldo kicked the hell out of him.

And Rampage isn't just bad at defending leg kicks, he doesn't check them at all. Jones will chop him for 2 rounds. Then pick him with shots and some takedowns.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Go back and watch Aldo/Faber. It shows as a decision, but it was because Aldo kicked the hell out of him.

And Rampage isn't just bad at defending leg kicks, he doesn't check them at all. Jones will chop him for 2 rounds. Then pick him with shots and some takedowns.

somebody better notify mike lullo and dan evensen that leg kicks don`t end fights.....

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    somebody better notify mike lullo and dan evensen that leg kicks don`t end fights.....
    I think Beltran is still walking with a limp after meeting Barry's leg kicks for 3 rounds.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

To be fair I think V1y was referring specifically to the "side kick to the knee" rather than leg kicks in general!

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    To be fair I think V1y was referring specifically to the "side kick to the knee" rather than leg kicks in general!
    Exactly.
    Like the ones utilized by Anderson Silva.

v1y

yea i was referring to "knee stomps" like jardine/vera and what condit did to hardy.

roundhouse kicks to the thigh are of course effective.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

ugh. i love rampage but he does NOT deserve a title shot for "beating" machida and then taking hamill to decision.

though, aside from rashad, i guess tehre isnt an obvious num 1 contender.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Is Phil Davis a bigger challenge for Jones than Jackson?

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Does anyone else think that Aldo would have finished Faber and Hominick if he wasn't being merciful? From what I remembered in the Faber fight, Faber could barely stand by the 4th and he Aldo decides to not throw anymore kicks all of a sudden? vs Hominick as soon as the hematoma happened he stopped striking, looking to the ref to stop the fight. Aldo even said it himself afterwards that he didn't want to hit him anymore.

I'm an Aldo fan so maybe I'm biased. Thoughts?

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Ya Im never taking Aldo inside the distance again. I was so pissed at him after that.

v1y

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post
    Does anyone else think that Aldo would have finished Faber and Hominick if he wasn't being merciful? From what I remembered in the Faber fight, Faber could barely stand by the 4th and he Aldo decides to not throw anymore kicks all of a sudden? vs Hominick as soon as the hematoma happened he stopped striking, looking to the ref to stop the fight. Aldo even said it himself afterwards that he didn't want to hit him anymore.

5th round he went a tiny bit easy against faber, but 4th round he was still pouring it on. in fact i'm pretty sure the 4th round was the most dominant round of that fight.

against hominick same deal. 4th round was the most dominant of that fight, but he gassed out hard in the 5th.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Bruce lee sidekicks to the knee baby!

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Even if Jones didnt throw kicks I think his punch's coming from 10 feet away would be enough to win. But throw in kicks & Rampage should have no shot

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by scofflaw View Post

In the Faber fight, yeah, I think he let them off the hook. In the Hominick fight, I think Aldo was just so not himself from being sick, so he just gassed out and let Hominick take over.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i`m really shocked that guys take the word of a fighter or camp regarding excuses after a loss or a sub-par performance....

it`s pretty much a universal occurrence....everybody has an excuse...i think it`s bullshit 95% of the time...they all fight nicked up after a full training camp.......it`s the nature of the beast....

i don`t buy it for a second...their performance stands as it is....i would never use it as an excuse to justify a wager on a fighter coming off a bad performance.....

who really knows what is true and what is crap?....a real leap of faith,imo...

kmdubya

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i`m really shocked that guys take the word of a fighter or camp regarding excuses after a loss or a sub-par performance....

it`s pretty much a universal occurrence....everybody has an excuse...i think it`s bullshit 95% of the time...they all fight nicked up after a full training camp.......it`s the nature of the beast....

i don`t buy it for a second...their performance stands as it is....i would never use it as an excuse to justify a wager on a fighter coming off a bad performance.....

who really knows what is true and what is crap?....a real leap of faith,imo...
    No one is saying they everything the fighter or camp has to say at face value. Obviously there is a bias there and you have to weigh it against other things.

But to not take it into account is just dumb. Fighters have off nights due to injury or whatever.