Das Jax
    Das Jax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

MMAJunkie released the results. "Nick Diaz, B.J. Penn, Bart Palaszewski and Donald Cerrone each earned $75,000 fight-night bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 137 event.

Palaszewski earned the night's "Knockout of the Night" award, Cerrone picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Diaz and Penn took home "Fight of the Night" honors."

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Ariel Helwani

Dana says Condit has agreed to step aside. They are looking to make Diaz-GSP on super bowl weekend. Condit vs TBD will be on the card too.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

An angry, motivated GSP=very bad news.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

The post fight conference is up on piece of shit UFC.com

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    Wow Masta, you leaned hard on Siver. And you were worried about Hioki?
    haha I know... what do you think? I dodged the biggest bullet of my mma life there. What should have been my worst night ended up being up 160 instead of down 660 as I should have.

Yea, probably my worst night of predictions ever. Mirko, siver, hioki - all guys I was pressing to win - lost in miserable fashion. Congrats to all you guys who came up and sorry to the roop backers you should have won and I should be down large. Cheers.

edit: only up 100, forgot I lost that 60 on mirko. Horrible night for me.
    Last edited by MMAbetMASTA; 10-30-11 at 04:32 PM.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Man Diaz is seriously retarded. He should just retire and spare the 2 marbles he still has left in his head.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    Man Diaz is seriously retarded. He should just retire and spare the 2 marbles he still has left in his head.
    Say what you will about him, he might not be the brightest kid on the block, but he sure is entertaining to watch and listen to!

Now with all thats happened GSP vs Diaz will be a bigger fight then before, cant wait for it.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Diaz seems very bitter about some of the stuff that's happened during the run-in to tht fight! Also bitter about not getting the sparring and training tht he wanted, who was it he called out after the fight and said "I need you down here for sparring"?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha Awkward as hell with Hioki...why the hell didnt they have a translator!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Diaz seems very bitter about some of the stuff that's happened during the run-in to tht fight! Also bitter about not getting the sparring and training tht he wanted, who was it he called out after the fight and said "I need you down here for sparring"?
    Ahh very interesting...Cesar Gracie talks about Andre Ward and guys who train with him not wanting to spar with Diaz

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

haha Diaz is like a coked up Tony Montana up "Say ello to the bad guy"!!! Amazing post-fight press conference

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha Diaz is like a coked up Tony Montana up "Say ello to the bad guy"!!! Amazing post-fight press conference
    For sure! Diaz is a misunderstood person who really is a genius!

Really starting to like Cowboy Cerrone, he is just a cool dude

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Did anyone watch the live lines on the Kongo/Meat fight on 5d? After the 2nd round Kongo was the dog at +250. I was a complete idiot for not going in at that point as I felt like he won the first two rounds... I could have completely hedged out. Crazy line.

And even though I lost against Diaz... Nick always impresses. The dude is just made to fight!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Did anyone watch the live lines on the Kongo/Meat fight on 5d? After the 2nd round Kongo was the dog at +250. I was a complete idiot for not going in at that point as I felt like he won the first two rounds... I could have completely hedged out. Crazy line.

And even though I lost against Diaz... Nick always impresses. The dude is just made to fight!
    All books had Kongo at high +money lines. They thought the judges would give the first 2 rounds to Mittrione. A lot of people believed the same, but the 3rd round was the only round something really happened and I guess that's why the judges gave it to him.

I could have hedged easily also, but looking at the line and thinking about it I thought Kongo would need to finish so I didn't play it either.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Picked 8 out of 11 winners last night.

My biggest failed pic was Jacoby. That was a new level of "new guy jitters". Other failed pics included: Mitrione and Griffin.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Picked 8 out of 11 winners last night.

My biggest failed pic was Jacoby. That was a new level of "new guy jitters". Other failed pics included: Mitrione and Griffin.
    Not as bad as those of us who gave Danny Downes a shot. Battle of who sucks more.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    For the main card, I like:

Penn -120, Kongo +118, Mirko +190, Hioki -315, Curran +365

I plan to bet big on the winners, and small on the losers.

;p
    Fortunately, I only bet $2 on Penn, Mirko and Curran.

And I bet like $5000 on both Kongo and and Hioki. So I did alright.

This new betting strategy is awesome. Thanks Gabe!

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Fortunately, I only bet $2 on Penn, Mirko and Curran.

And I bet like $5000 on both Kongo and and Hioki. So I did alright.

You forgot to mention that your biggest plays were on fights you never mentioned and never planned on making as your plays.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

The name he said was David Terrell. I'm not sure if you remember him, he hasn't fought for a long time but he used to be in the UFC. He has a wikipedia page that you can google. It says he got his black-belt from Cesar Gracie and he wants to come out of retirement, so i'm guessing they're friends and Nick was trying to do him a favor and get his name back out there.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    The name he said was David Terrell. I'm not sure if you remember him, he hasn't fought for a long time but he used to be in the UFC. He has a wikipedia page that you can google. It says he got his black-belt from Cesar Gracie and he wants to come out of retirement, so i'm guessing they're friends and Nick was trying to do him a favor and get his name back out there.
    Ah right yeah thought it sounded something like tht - knew it wasnt Andre Ward or Shields he said! Yeah I read about Terrell wanting to come out of retirement recently

TheCalculator

Retrospective look on UFC 137 odds:

Worst odds: Vera -400 -- His performance was more like -200 at best.

Best underdog: Bart (Vaughany called that one! Good call!)

Worst decision: Mitrione-Kongo (although it's arguable. The judge who scored it 30-27 was obviously mesmerized by Kongo's physique lol).

Excited about UFC 138 wagering wise. Expecting better value.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Best underdog: Bart (Vaughany called that one! Good call!)

Worst decision: Mitrione-Kongo (although it's arguable. The judge who scored it 30-27 was obviously mesmerized by Kongo's physique lol).

Excited about UFC 138 wagering wise. Expecting better value.
    There wasn't much to judge in the 1st and 2nd rounds, so a judge giving Kongo both rounds isn't completely uncalled for.

Hioki Roop was a worse decision IMO. Roop won rounds 1 and 3.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Ariel Helwani Dana says Condit has agreed to step aside. They are looking to make Diaz-GSP on super bowl weekend. Condit vs TBD will be on the card too.
    can't wait

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

What about Hioki? He was about a -350 and there's a semi-decent case that he lost outright. Looked more like a +120.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Could make an argument for all 3 of Vera, Griffin, and Hioki being overvalued considerably

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Retrospective look on UFC 137 odds: Worst odds: Vera -400 -- His performance was more like -200 at best. Best underdog: Bart (Vaughany called that one! Good call!) Worst decision: Mitrione-Kongo (although it's arguable. The judge who scored it 30-27 was obviously mesmerized by Kongo's physique lol). Excited about UFC 138 wagering wise. Expecting better value.
    Yeah I can't see how Kongo won the 1st round. That round is either 10-10 (or 0-0 would be more like it) or, if not that then Mitrione wins the round based on aggression. Kongo pretty much just ran around that whole round. I started freaking out, i thought it was going to be another Houston Alexander or Kalib Starnes stunt.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Yeah I can't see how Kongo won the 1st round. That round is either 10-10 (or 0-0 would be more like it) or, if not that then Mitrione wins the round based on aggression. Kongo pretty much just ran around that whole round. I started freaking out, i thought it was going to be another Houston Alexander or Kalib Starnes stunt.
    Yeah first round had to be equal

ghost kid
    ghost kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35576

I had 29-28 Mitrione, but I am probably in the minority. Kongo ran away the first 10 minutes of the fight, then clearly took the 3rd.

Still disappointed in MM.

TheCalculator

Quote Originally Posted by ghost kid View Post
    I had 29-28 Mitrione, but I am probably in the minority. Kongo ran away the first 10 minutes of the fight, then clearly took the 3rd.

Still disappointed in MM.
    I had the same score and the same opinion of MM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Koscheck is pushing for the Condit fight..."Just thinking!That dude should of took thefight with me on a week notice bc if he HADa chance2make it aclose fight,It was then,NOW 0 chance"

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

that ridiculous hioki decision saved my night..i saw that mmaweekly scored it for him(god only knows how)......i don`t know how he edged that in anybody`s mind...octagon control?...he wasn`t aggressive..was out-struck......he looked like a deer in the headlights...

i really thought that hioki`s skillset would translate into the ufc better than some previous japanese fighters...particularly after watching his sandro fight...

but he appears to lack "physicality"....very passive....wrestlers are gonna take him down and hold him there.....and high level strikers are gonna give him fits....

apparently,the japanese either can`t cope with the travel/venue issues or,for the most part,just aren`t up to western/european standards...

make no mistake...roop is o.k....but that`s about it...don`t get fooled by this one and the grispi win....i don`t think that hominick blow-out was a fluke...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    that ridiculous hioki decision saved my night..i saw that mmaweekly scored it for him(god only knows how)......i don`t know how he edged that in anybody`s mind...octagon control?...he wasn`t aggressive..was out-struck......he looked like a deer in the headlights...

i really thought that hioki`s skillset would translate into the ufc better than some previous japanese fighters...particularly after watching his sandro fight...

but he appears to lack "physicality"....very passive....wrestlers are gonna take him down and hold him there.....and high level strikers are gonna give him fits....

apparently,the japanese either can`t cope with the travel/venue issues or,for the most part,just aren`t up to western/european standards...

make no mistake...roop is o.k....but that`s about it...don`t get fooled by this one and the grispi win....i don`t think that hominick blow-out was a fluke...
    Yeah Roop has a lot of defensive holes. And your right about Hioki. Roop deserved tht fight - rnds 1 and 3

First ... 11121314