Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

CM PUNK__ BEtter than you think!

Punk started in TNA, and worked a contract in WWE, Punks finisher was the anaconda vice, a brazilian Jitsu like sleeper hold, but can also be fatal if not applied right. That's why WWE wouldn't let him use it. Although in one match he attempted it, but failed. If they let him use his jitsu knowledge, he could be very tough. This thing between him and vince is hard to read, I assume if its true, he saves face leaving this way.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stfu

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

wrestling sub-forum please

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really posting about wrestling?

Maybe he's 7 years old and still thinks it's real.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Again why is everyone saying wrestling is fake?

BGS 9.5
    BGS 9.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3659

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

He actually started in Ring of Honor so if youre going to be a wrestling loser at least get the first thing you claim correct. And no the irony isnt lost on me.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

people still watch this shit?

Marginalis
    Marginalis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I think this paper view is going to be a good one. I know it is fake lol, and I don't watch too often but the story lines that are going down really seems incredible and better than most to of them recently.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Really posting about wrestling? Maybe he's 7 years old and still thinks it's real.
    Before I even start, you having Scott Hall as your avatar and making any comments like that is about as sad as Scott Hall earlier this year : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhP6TP-rspY

While the OP clearly has a very basic grasp of BJJ, and the inner-workings of the WWE (i.e. the traditional piledriver is legit banned, many moves are legit banned, hell Punk had the Pepsi Plunge that he used to use in other promotions banned for various reasons, but the Anaconda Vice a.k.a arm-trap triangle choke isn't one of them, it didn't get the same pop as other submission finishers/signatures and Punk hasn't used it nearly as much as a result)the funniest thing is the people like you that get so upset when something mostly 'scripted' gets brought up...The idea that something like 'sports-entertainment' elicits a reaction especially when brought up in context of 'real' sports makes it seem like the people that bitch and moan are terrified that some elements/occurrences in their 'real' sports might be just as scripted..Now the PG-era hasn't done WWE any favors, but I'm absolutely certain the people like you that can't fathom a demographic of fans exist beyond small children haven't watched strong-style wrestling from Japan, or work in ROH and promotions similar to that.

Back to the topic at hand, and yeah, I'll address pro wrestling as much as I want in SBR considering there's a sub-forum for American Idol and the like, if you don't like it, suck it.

CM Punk's work in-ring is elite, probably the best in his promotion, and his mic-work is impeccable. He made the WWE socially relevant for the first time since I can remember with his jaw-dropping promo on 6/27 (which actually probably had something to do with the July 8 removal of John 'Ace' Laurinitis as head writer on Raw and exec VP of talent relations, a guy who he called out by name in said promo, and is the only part of that now famous promo that hasn't been included in the various re-airings on WWE programming), and a little known fact regarding the current Vince/Punk situation is that the two DID meet behind closed doors during the day of the 7/11 episode of Raw this past week (they had a 'contract negotiation' live on-air), beyond that, my guess is as good as anyone's as far as his future with the company beyond this Sunday...I would be shocked to see him permanently leave the company, and even more shocked if he joined TNA (he can't stand a lot of folks there, worked there before, and didn't like it), and considering ROH isn't the same company it was when he was there, I'd be mildly surprised to see him sign a contract there...If he's leaving WWE on a permanent basis, he's going overseas to Japan, or MORE likely, done with his wrestling career. Guys that take it as seriously as he does don't get to live a 'real' life, and it's entirely possible Phil Brooks wants to be able to do that (though AGAIN, I'd be surprised if this was the outcome, and quite bummed to see one of the few guys TRULY able to turn a microphone into "power" go)

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17360

you guys are getting "worked" and who give a sh*t about friggin' academy awards wrestling????

ryanjep
    ryanjep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11243

ive seen one of his matches before. he seems pretty athletic

spargament
    KHABIB

Quote Originally Posted by timmyboy34243 View Post
    you guys are getting "worked" and who give a sh*t about friggin' academy awards wrestling????
    Apparently you do.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Pharieswheel View Post
    Punk started in TNA, and worked a contract in WWE, Punks finisher was the anaconda vice, a brazilian Jitsu like sleeper hold, but can also be fatal if not applied right. That's why WWE wouldn't let him use it. Although in one match he attempted it, but failed. If they let him use his jitsu knowledge, he could be very tough. This thing between him and vince is hard to read, I assume if its true, he saves face leaving this way.

You realize wrestling is fake...right?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by donkdown View Post
    Stfu

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by spargament View Post
    Before I even start, you having Scott Hall as your avatar and making any comments like that is about as sad as Scott Hall earlier this year : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhP6TP-rspY
    Wow that's tragic! Does anybody come out of pro-wrestling without being ****** up? Dude should replace Undertaker as "Dead Man Walking"

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

cm punk is tough but not as tough as the sedin sisters

spargament
    KHABIB

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Wow that's tragic! Does anybody come out of pro-wrestling without being ****** up? Dude should replace Undertaker as "Dead Man Walking"
    It's honestly so sad. I don't know if this information was included with the video, but believe it or not, that was a result of Scott Hall following doctor's orders (to an extent..bear with me) and taking his various medications. The part that wasn't exactly doctor's orders would be him INSISTING (not seen on camera iirc) on mixing it up in the ring, and that part of the video honestly was almost impossible for me to watch.

Jeff Hardy coming out so messed up (from 'recreational' and I use that VERY loosely use of drugs) for a title match with Sting at a PPV resulting in it becoming a less than 90 second squash is one thing, watching a complete shell of a man on prescribed medications (not using them 'recreationally') who can't speak coherently getting hit and dropped by someone in shape is entirely different.

There are very few guys that have been able to quit 'cold turkey' from wrestling that are remembered as the greats...as awful as it sounds imo, 90% of those that are considered by any real contingent to be one of the best have either passed or not been able to hang it up (Ric Flair I'm looking at you, Hogan and his 5 hip replacements, etc.)

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

that promo he cut was one of the best i have ever seen....too bad it was scripted and wwe fuckkked everything up by taping the july 4th raw right after the promo...

spargament
    KHABIB

Quote Originally Posted by romecloneout View Post
    that promo he cut was one of the best i have ever seen....too bad it was scripted and wwe fuckkked everything up by taping the july 4th raw right after the promo...
    I TOTALLY AGREE. They've usually taped July 4th events iirc, but this wasn't the time to do it, let alone do it the same night. But to be fair, as much as creative butchered the July 4th episode, Punk absolutely scorched the 11th.

Punter4Life
    Punter4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

It must be a slow day when wrestling posts get attention!