rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18711

He was all offense. He was also a master of mind games. But he had some flaws like very bad stamina and he couldn't adjust in fights.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

He was great to watch early in his career. But he got pimped against Evander & Lewis. Now that I think about it, did he ever beat anyone who was good?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The rap on him is he really never beat a good fighter

Anyone that was decent beat him
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDaddy

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Mike was the last exciting to watch heavyweight. He was unstoppable during his prime. After King got his claws into him he was never the same. For anyone to say he fought nobodies is plain nonsense. He fought everyone before getting locked up(and I think King set that all up). When he was released I don't think he had the desire to fight anymore and it showed. Mike in his prime beats EVERY heavyweight, from ANY era. His mix of hand speed, pure power and the ability to bob in and get his punches off was unmatched. I would love to see a reality show where all these dipshits who say Tyson sucks get the chance to get in the ring with him for 1 round. Imagine him laying out jj. Then he could eat Jeffy and praise Allah. Call it "3 minutes with Tyson."

Thanks for the clips Dad.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

if he woulda stuck with Gus's crew he would have been legend... up there with Ali... What Don King did to him should be considered "black on black crime"

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

the greatest

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

the guy uses he's whole body to Punch.....

jedikarl
    jedikarl's Avatar Become A Pro!

he was good but avoided lewis for to long he spent a fortune in step aside money to him on various occasions

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    He was great to watch early in his career. But he got pimped against Evander & Lewis. Now that I think about it, did he ever beat anyone who was good?
    Marvis Frazier

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

Great footage! One of the best

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

He beat the best that was available at the time. He beat good fighters and made them look bad.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    He beat the best that was available at the time. He beat good fighters and made them look bad.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The rap on him is he really never beat a good fighter

Anyone that was decent beat him
    With a few exceptions, Tyson fought the vast majority of the top fighters of his day. In the 80's, dudes like Tubbs, Tucker and Michael Spinks were as good as it got. It's not Tyson's fault he didn't compete in the 70's.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Watching Tyson right now on the Own Channels. Tyson said his penis was burning up like hell when he contracted gonorrhea days leading up to the fight verses Trevor Burbick. An opponent he KO'd in the first round.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

tyson was great but he wasnt the best. he ducked holyfield for his whole career.

ali is the greatest of all time.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

IMO we will never see anything like a Mike Tyson ever again. MMA seems to be ruling the world now. Everyone is training to be the next UFC champion and boxing has gone a tad out of style.

GoWings
    GoWings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Like everyone else said, I remember sitting with my whole family at my grandparents house betting if the fight would last more than one round.

God I miss when boxing was still a great sport to watch and somewhat worthy of steep PPV prices. Nowadays you couldn't pay me to watch a heavyweight fight. Like the guy above me said everyone wants to be a UFC fighter now and kids think boxing is lame, kinda like what has/is happening to baseball.

I think in his prime with Cus D'Amato & Company he would have destroyed anyone all-time. He was the total package, great defense, blazing speed for his size and devastating power. You could see his opponents about to piss themselves before the fight even started lol.

First 12