Betpoints: 3679

90% of UFC Fighters are overrated.....

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

ufc is rigged

this just in dana white converted to judaism

Adamho
    Adamho's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was more than a little surprised by this fight. Not ready yet to subscribe to any theories about it.

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

so what's the theory? that he has JJ teeth?

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Come on. If they fought thousands of times at their levels yesterday, Bader wins the fight at least four times out of five. This particular time didn't go his way. It happens. There's no conspiracy, he just got caught. And yes, he was overrated and overpriced but it was still right to have him as a huge favorite, probably around -400 rather than -500 imo.

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

Bader fell into the mindset that his standup has improved to where it is much better than what it really is. Unfortunately every camp doesn't have a Greg Jackson to keep them on the best strategy and gameplan for winning the fight. That is why GSP is so good, he sticks to the best strategy for beating a particular fighter. If his wrestling is better than his opponent he will outwrestle. That is clearly what Bader should have done to get the win. Hammil made it look so easy and Bader coming off a loss should have just fought the safe fight.

At this level of MMA the "win" is the most important thing. Sure every fighter wants to look great doing it but the "win" is most important. Just ask GSP and Anderson Silva. they are criticized at times but clearly in most peoples minds the best fighters on the planet.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Personally I'm tired of guys calling out "past their prime" Legends of MMA in order to pad their stats. I'm far from a Tito fan, but I was glad to see Bader get what was coming to him. He was in the #1 contender match, loses, and then proceeds to call out Tito? Man up next time and fight someone relevant in the 205 division.

I hope to see Shaub get it handed to him as well.

Wreckloose
    Wreckloose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17272

He had some decent wins but I don't anyone ever though of him as a future champ, or even top 5 in the division.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bader just got rocked. Tito is a big, strong dude and caught Bader with a big right. Just like when Serra caught GSP or tje time Silva got caught with a flying ankle lock. Shit happens in fights, no conspiracy. Too much to lose.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

You can only be so good with the name Master Bader

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I'd say 100% of UFC fighters are rated.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

3 out of every 4 people make up 75% of the world`s population.....

seriously....for all that wrestling experience...all that athletic experience...bader doesn`t strike me as a particularly confident guy....he looks extremely nervous early in every fight...maybe that`s why his cardio is an issue?...

now tito is calling out forrest griffin for a 3rd fight?...who really gives a shit about watching another irrelevant griffin/ortiz fight?....

i know i don`t...stick him in with gustafsson,kingsbury,brilz or luis cane.....a solid 2nd tier guy...

something different...

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anderson Silva will be no match for Steven Seagal...in fact any UFC fighters will become his bitch under 1 minute.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Never will be a big UFC fan. Can't get into it like some guys who love it. Think if it is not already fixed someday it will be similar to WWE. Hope for the fans sake they stay honest and provide a good show for them but where there is money there is always greed.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

The guy was a little overrated and got caught.......end of story

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

ha ufc...guys layin -545 on some clown.....meanwhile you coulda layed -200 on wlad yesterday...lowest price youve ever seen on wlad

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

The ufc has a good hype train.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Anyone can win on any given night

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

ufc is not rigged.. bader lost because rod1010 the dumb canadian picked him as a lock..

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

everyone can get lucky now and then. tito is done but he is a veteran, has exp, a lucky opening was all it took for him to capitalize and finish.

PS
    bader is a punk and i lost big on that fight

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Never will be a big UFC fan. Can't get into it like some guys who love it. Think if it is not already fixed someday it will be similar to WWE. Hope for the fans sake they stay honest and provide a good show for them but where there is money there is always greed.
    Good lord.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Tito's win probably had the biggest underdog value for an MMA fight ever.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Dude, they run a multi-billion dollar business. Do you think they would ever do something so stupid, such as fixing fights, to jeopardize their business that they had to scratch and claw to make legitimate?

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Bader just got rocked. Tito is a big, strong dude and caught Bader with a big right. Just like when Serra caught GSP or tje time Silva got caught with a flying ankle lock. Shit happens in fights, no conspiracy. Too much to lose.
    It was nothing like the Serra-GSP TKO. The strike that knocked Bader down didn't look powerful at all. If Bader was hurt it was likely more from the earlier strike. It looked to me that the knock down was more due Bader's poor foot positioning. Tito did a great job of staying composed and locking up the submission instead of trying to finish up with ground and pound.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-20-15 at 04:35 PM. Reason: image does not exist

robotralph
    robotralph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Who the hell gets submitted to Tito Ortiz...let alone lose to the guy.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

When you're as stiff as Bader looked in the stand up..when you get clipped you tend to get hurt.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

you kids are funny.

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

For all of those saying the punch 'wasnt strong enough' to knock him down, you clearly have never been hit in the head/face before
    If it's on the button, youre going down
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave macoeric 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    3 out of every 4 people make up 75% of the world`s population.....

seriously....for all that wrestling experience...all that athletic experience...bader doesn`t strike me as a particularly confident guy....he looks extremely nervous early in every fight...maybe that`s why his cardio is an issue?...

now tito is calling out forrest griffin for a 3rd fight?...who really gives a shit about watching another irrelevant griffin/ortiz fight?....

i know i don`t...stick him in with gustafsson,kingsbury,brilz or luis cane.....a solid 2nd tier guy...

something different...
    He looked extremely uncomfortable and stiff the other night. One minute into the fight I was already regretting my -3.5 play. I had been fading Tito since the first Forrest Griffin fight, so I was not about to jump off the wagon here. But, you could tell Bader was not comfortable on his feet. He didnt seem to be following through with his strikes at all.

Didnt seem like the same guy who fought Lil Nog. I guess he knew he would not be able to, or have difficulty, taking Tito down and his stand up, despite having a powerful overhand right, is very crude and he knows it.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Also, I think this result is great for MMA bettors in general. It purpatuates the notion that "anything can happen in MMA." IMHO, large favorites are still habitually undervalued in this sport. Look at the lines compared to boxing, where you consistently see -800 and up. While MMA generally has less mismatches, I still find that there are many lines at -300 to -400 that should be -800 imo.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

You have to have rocks in your head to lay -500 in UFC!

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by robotralph View Post
    Who the hell gets submitted to Tito Ortiz...let alone lose to the guy.
    Tito is a crafty Vet... in his fight against machida he got technically owned the whole entire fight, and near the end he almost sunk in a triangle. It was very tight and I thought he finished it...bottom line is he has learned to develop this "hidden" skill set that catches guys unexpectedly like we saw against bader.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

**** Bader, he cost a lot of people some nice parlays

12 Last