koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

What's The Plays Going Forward To Strikeforce Hendo/Fedor

Don't see that fight going the distance. Fedor's subs are too good for this to play out on the ground. Standing, both guys have heavy hands and Hendo showed a little chink in the armor, getting dropped and rocked by Feijao last fight.

I like Miesha Tate to enforce her wrestling and power on Coenen. Coenen struggled badly with Carmouche, who seemed very technically unsound, but powerful. As the dog, a more skilled ground fighter like Tate should be able to win.

Im not seeing odds for Mo-Graciie anymore. Did that fight get canceled?

So far, no other odds are out. Fights that will be on the card

Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley- I like Woodley to use his wrestling here. Not sure what odds will be like or if it's worth it because of Daley's KO power
    Tim Kennedy vs. Robbie Lawler- Lawler is really overmatched on the ground here. But again, he has that lethal KO power and a bit of a wrestling base to maybe get the shot before the takedown
    Tarec Saffiedine vs. Scott Smith- Everyone seems to like Tarec and Smith kind of sucks. But again, big KO power for the underdog.

Thoughts

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Mo/Gracie got rescheduled for September I think.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

I like Fedor to win and I'm thinking about making a play soon. He is -201 now. Which way do you see the lines moving?

I wouldnt bet on under or over distance. Lots of likely scenarios. Both guys have finishing ability, but both are tough to finish. Especially in a 3 round fight. Maybe if one side is skewed as a heavy underdog I'll play it.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

If you like Fedor I'd take him at -201, it won't get better than that imo.

Hannibal

not strikeforce..
    but what do you guys think of sakara vs rivera?
    ebersole vs hallman?

maybe phan over brown?

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

i think the line on tate is worth a small play. i actually think hendo upsets fedor, so i'll put a tiny bit on that.

otherwise, i'll wait to see the lines. woodley and saffiedine should win no problem, but both of their opponents have obvious ko power.

Jabstab
    Jabstab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley- I like Woodley to use his wrestling here. Not sure what odds will be like or if it's worth it because of Daley's KO power
    Tim Kennedy vs. Robbie Lawler- Lawler is really overmatched on the ground here. But again, he has that lethal KO power and a bit of a wrestling base to maybe get the shot before the takedown

Thoughts
    I haven't sat down to watch any tape yet on these two fights nor have I looked at the odds but I would have to think Woodley will be laid as the dog due to public perception of Daley. Im thinking there will be a ton of value in this fight for Woodley as a dog. I have similar feelings about Tim Kennedy, in both cases you have exciting strikers fighting methodical wrestlers who are more than happy to pin you to the cage for 3 rounds and pitter patter there ways to a Unan Dec.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Jabstab View Post
    I haven't sat down to watch any tape yet on these two fights nor have I looked at the odds but I would have to think Woodley will be laid as the dog due to public perception of Daley. Im thinking there will be a ton of value in this fight for Woodley as a dog. I have similar feelings about Tim Kennedy, in both cases you have exciting strikers fighting methodical wrestlers who are more than happy to pin you to the cage for 3 rounds and pitter patter there ways to a Unan Dec.
    I shall be avoiding the main event, but am very interested in the Woodley and Saffiedine lines as I like them both to win big time.

I think we'll be very fortunate to get Woodley as dog and u'd have to catch the opener in any case as his line will get pounded if he opens as dog. I dont think the bookies will allow Daley's public perception and KO power to outweigh the fact that he gets dominated by wrestlers. I'll be taking Woodley up to -150, maybe even up to -200. I think Daley virtually just has a punchers chance albeit a decent chance because his attacking stand-up is very good (however is defence is average), Woodley's team-mate Masvidal who is smaller and who's wrestling credentials are nothing compared to T-Wood's was able to take Daley down. It's becoming more and more palpable that Roughhouse fighters like Daley, Hardy and Winner believe they can use the "we don't like to point score and we just want to entertain" get-out clause as a way of disguising there continued lack of grappling development. Woodley has both a solid double leg takedown and solid takedowns from the clinch as he showed against Saffiedine, who has much better takedown defence than Semtex IMO. Semtex also doesnt actually have great footwork, partly because he likes to plant his feet for power hooks which will only help Woodley get the takedown even further. Unfortunately for Semtex he has gone from having a very winnable fight against Cyborg to a horrible stylistic fight against Woodley. Of course he can still catch Tyron and get a TKO/KO but Tyron is quick and has ever improving stand-up himself (from training at ATT and WildCard with Freddy Roach) which allows him to set up his takedowns more effectively. Most are gonna predict a Woodley decision but I wouldnt rule a TKO or more likely submission finish.

Also hope to get Saffiedine at -150 or better against Smith, again might get a generous opener.

v1y

Quote Originally Posted by Jabstab View Post
    Bookies will have to be smoking some powerful stuff to open Woodley as the underdog. Then again, they opened Schaub the underdog against Crocop, so anything's possible.
    Last edited by v1y; 07-04-11 at 02:12 PM.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Definitely like Miesha to pull out a W over Coenen, probably via decision. And I really believe Hendo is going to be the guy to finally put Fedor's lights out.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

When do you think these lines will open?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    When do you think these lines will open?
    Two weeks before event so mid month

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Greek View Post
    Definitely like Miesha to pull out a W over Coenen, probably via decision. And I really believe Hendo is going to be the guy to finally put Fedor's lights out.
    As much as I like Coenen, she did get dominated her last fight and was lucky to pull off the submission. I see Tate winning this match up as well.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    not strikeforce..
    but what do you guys think of sakara vs rivera?
    ebersole vs hallman?

maybe phan over brown?
    With you on all your picks. Got to wait until the lines come out before making any decision, but I'll be looking to take those picks at the right price also.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I like Woodley, Kennedy, and Saffiedine as well. Hopefully all these fights open close to even or slight dogs.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

fedor wins easy as long as he tries to win.the last couple of fights he had no drive or motivation to fight.

koscheckbaby

Kennedy-Lawler to Not go 2 rounds or the distance is a great bet IMO. Kennedy is strong like a bull and has really good control and BJJ. If he gets Lawler down, Lawler is seriously ******. Kennedy is pretty relentless and hard to get off once he actually gets the takedown. I think Lawler will last even shorter than he did against Jacare if Tim gets him down. Conversely, if Lawler can keep himself upright for any period of time, Kennedy is ******.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

really like tate at the current line, I think that is money... also like a small upset play on hendo.

Depending on kennedy's line, I like him to bring a smothering fight to lawler.

Hannibal

No one likes fedor here?
    If you compare skillset and physical traits, isn't fedor superior in almost all aspects? And he's finally fighting a smaller man.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

No one likes fedor here?
    If you compare skillset and physical traits, isn't fedor superior in almost all aspects? And he's finally fighting a smaller man.
    I think fedor wins big in this. Other then hendo's h bomb I just cant see him giving fedor his 3rd consecutive loss.

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I'm on Fedor in this one as well.

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by jspectyper View Post
    I think fedor wins big in this. Other then hendo's h bomb I just cant see him giving fedor his 3rd consecutive loss.

Aside from the big right hand, the only other path to victory for Dan is to wrestle Fedor to a decision.
    Is he capable of this? a few years ago, no ... but it seems fedor has gone away from what made him successful: his grappling, especially in the clinch, and ground and pound.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Aside from the big right hand, the only other path to victory for Dan is to wrestle Fedor to a decision.
    Is he capable of this? a few years ago, no ... but it seems fedor has gone away from what made him successful: his grappling, especially in the clinch, and ground and pound.
    Uhm, yeah when he's fighting guys twice his fuking size.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Tough fight....hard not to take Fedor.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I agree it's hard not to go with Fedor here, but he has been in a slump as of late.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Fedor! I know he's looked a shell of himself lately... but against BIG guys that are actually at the top of their game. I have a feeling he rebounds nicely against Hendo and at a very fair price I might add.

koscheckbaby

It is a good price. Had Fedor fought Hendo just a year ago the odds for Fedor would be like -500 or -600. Hendo did used to fight at HW. But people forget the last time he did, Nog completely dominated him. The same Nog that then got dominated by Fedor. There's weight classes for a reason, as much as Hendo has enjoyed a great amount of his success fighting bigger guys.

v1y

I don't think Hendo's fight with Nogueira in 2002 offers any insight into this matchup.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

"hw" hendo planning to fight at 206.1lbs. lol.................

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cannot see Fedor losing this fight.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

once fedor beats him, i would really like fedor to try out the lhw division for real.

sportsfanatic
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    There's weight classes for a reason
    yeah, the gracie days when a welterweight would beat heavyweights seem pretty funny now.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Funnnny shiiit...

Jabstab
    Jabstab's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Lawler will last even shorter than he did against Jacare if Tim gets him down. Conversely, if Lawler can keep himself upright for any period of time, Kennedy is ******.
    Jacare>Kennedy (in terms of danger on the ground)

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Funnnny shiiit...

12 Last