BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Definitely tuning in... this is news we've all been waiting on.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Its mind blowing .. Its so bad that Dana fired him ... and he had to take a couple of days before he speaks about it ... yet Amal Easton was writing on Nates facebook telling him not to worry, hes a great guy and this too shall pass ... Amal is a really good guy. Hes nates BJJ trainer and he travled with him for the fight, so im assuming he knows. I dont think he would say that stuff if it was really bad ... idk ...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

if it's something involving PED's then don't expect the truth to come out at all. It has to be something involving Nate being at fault, otherwise white wouldn't have cut him so hastily.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

High testosterone levels was the reason, but he passed the test today

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Yea something seems weird. This is no different than Sonnen.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    High testosterone levels was the reason, but he passed the test today
    There has to be more to it. Dana White said he was disgusted that he would do something so low. But he never said that about Bonnar, Sherk, Sonnen, or Thiago Silva. I'm trying to tune-in... but iTunes is jacking up on me.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

Apparently Nate is crying right now.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watching now, what treatment was nate on? From what im watching he was on a treatment and I guess he didn't get off soon enough to be within the passing testosterone levels. But on fight day he was within the levels in the morning.

hels

I thought I heard some sobs as well.

Didn't Dana say the UFC was aware of a medical condition on Monday? But Nate said he's never told anyone about his low testosterone levels. There must be a hell of a lot more then he's saying right now. Right now he's appearing as a victim but it's his own fault for not passing the tests.

It's well known that roid users cycle and they have their off cycle in time for the testing so they pass. Is this the case?

hels

Quote Originally Posted by jspectyper View Post
    Watching now, what treatment was nate on? From what im watching he was on a treatment and I guess he didn't get off soon enough to be within the passing testosterone levels. But on fight day he was within the levels in the morning.
    He was diagnosed with low testosterone and his doctor put him on a regimen to get it to normal levels.

jspectyper

He was diagnosed with low testosterone and his doctor put him on a regimen to get it to normal levels.
    Yeah hes talking about the trts he was taking. I was just wondering if he was was doing injections/pills or the name etc. The interview im watching is lagging bad, im at a resort using their wifi.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

anytime you have results involving high test levels in professional athletes, always assume they were doping. You won't ever hear them come right out and admit to cheating, but steroids give any human being alive an incredible advantage. This is just another case of a cheater getting caught cheating.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Lol nate is claiming he has low testosterone levels?? Ahhaha

jspectyper

So basically what i'm getting out of this is the only reason he got caught is because of his cut to welterweight, making his testosterone levels higher because of the water being out of his system? So if he were making middleweight none of this would even matter and he would have fought because his blood would of been more diluted?

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

He's full of shit.
    He's trying to dance around saying anything and wont just be clear with any of his answers.
    I've lost all respect for Nate Marquardt, and he's a cheater and a pussy.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

regardless if he cheated or not, if this is it, dana overacted like a little girl and now one of the top fighters in mma doesn't have a job. Dana acts like he is doing mma fans a favor.

Nate screwed up 1 event, how about Thiago Alves he definitely needs to be fired then.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-28-11 at 12:49 PM.

jspectyper

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    He's full of shit.
    He's trying to dance around saying anything and wont just be clear with any of his answers.
    I've lost all respect for Nate Marquardt, and he's a cheater and a pussy.
    He might be, but he is a little bit of a bind of what he can and cant say right now too though.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

He might be, but he is a little bit of a bind of what he can and cant say right now too though.
    Yeah you're right because of Pennsylvania's laws.
    Forgot about that!

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Its funny how all the people who get caught with steriods keep using these lame excuses

sirchadwick1
    Update your status

You have to take into consideration that Nate has previously been caught roiding and this is pretty much his second offense in the UFC. On top of that he was scheduled for the main event and put that in jeopardy. Hopefully more light is shed on the whole subject, but I can see why DW was upset. "Disgusted"... probably wasn't the best word for it though unless there is something we're not in on.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Kinda disappointed. Was hoping the wizonator rumor was true.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Dana will get over it. He'd be nowhere near as pissed about this situation if it didn't lead to ******* up his main event.

As for Marquardt and McMahon, I thought they both seemed sincere and candid, but you never know with this topic. We know that Marquardt was cleared to have the treatment, and we know that he failed to keep his levels within the accepted range, but the big question here is whether or not he needed TRT in the first place. Is this a loophole which fighters are exploiting to get access to steroids? Maybe.

hels

So basically what i'm getting out of this is the only reason he got caught is because of his cut to welterweight, making his testosterone levels higher because of the water being out of his system? So if he were making middleweight none of this would even matter and he would have fought because his blood would of been more diluted?
    Yes it did sort of sound as he was trying to reason with this. However, anatomically 10/15 pounds isn't going to cause a great huge difference that will cause you to fail your testosterone levels. Plus, the doctor SHOULD have been aware of these weight changes and being a legit doctor, prescribed accordingly. Fact of the matter is that he ****** up big time.

About Dana 'acting like a little girl,' he always talks when he has high emotions and I think it's a positive for the UFC. Look at Bud Selig, David Stern, Gary Bettman etc. etc. they are all boring as **** and no one cares what they have to say. With Dana though, you want to listen and it creates news/hype/drama.

brooks85

Yes it did sort of sound as he was trying to reason with this. However, anatomically 10/15 pounds isn't going to cause a great huge difference that will cause you to fail your testosterone levels. Plus, the doctor SHOULD have been aware of these weight changes and being a legit doctor, prescribed accordingly. Fact of the matter is that he ****** up big time.

About Dana 'acting like a little girl,' he always talks when he has high emotions and I think it's a positive for the UFC. Look at Bud Selig, David Stern, Gary Bettman etc. etc. they are all boring as **** and no one cares what they have to say. With Dana though, you want to listen and it creates news/hype/drama.

dana has never reacted like that before about something like this. "talking when he has high emotions" is different than overacting and firing a guy for, as of now, something that has been done many times before. Thats not talking, that is taking action and doing something stupid in the process.

The way dana reacted in his video and his quotes thereafter you would have thought nate killed his dog. I cant find the article but in one of them dana says when the information comes out fans will agree with his decision, something along those lines. Well, there is no doubt there could be more information yet to be revealed but it obviously is nothing to be fired over.

and another thing is very recently Dana said "UFC is not a monopoly."

We will find out how true that is if nate can get a job with SF.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-28-11 at 03:41 PM.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    dana has never reacted like that before about something like this. "talking when he has high emotions" is different than overacting and firing a guy for, as of now, something that has been done many times before. Thats not talking, that is taking action and doing something stupid in the process. The way dana reacted in his video and his quotes thereafter you would have thought nate killed his dog. I cant find the article but in one of them dana says when the information comes out fans will agree with his decision, something along those lines. Well, there is no doubt there could be more information yet to be revealed but it obviously is nothing to be fired over. and another thing is very recently Dana said "UFC is not a monopoly." We will find out how true that is if nate can get a job with SF.
    You're definitely correct in that he was more dramatic than usual but he probably only heard that Marquardt failed for high testosterone which immediately riods are suspected. Being that he had already been caught once and this was his second time for high testosterone Dana probably had the feeling of, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." This is certainly a reasonable feeling. Dana has made statements about fighters never fighting in the UFC again, Kimbo never getting to fight in UFC etc. etc. so it wouldn't surprise me if he does fight again.

brooks85

ya thats true, it definitely wouldn't be the first time.

here is a nice list of some of the previous ones
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/28...-ufc-decisions

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marquardt was on the roids and was doing HRT to cover for it. It's kind of convenient so many athletes need HRT when the most typical patient for HRT should be a women. That's just my opinion though.

gym rat
    gym rat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2833

I think Dana should stick with what he said and not allow Marquardt to ever fight for UFC again. This would be an excellent deterrent to cheat for MMA athletes. It is obvious that many of these fighters are cheating and they will need to decide if it is worth taking the risk or not. Risk it and you may be risking your career. Something more serious needs to be done to deter as the current penalties don't seem to be strict enough. We all know the low testosterone excuse is BS and it is getting old.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I love Nate for this. Had he fought, he could have potentially lost and gotten Story a title shot. Thanks to him, we got to see Brenneman hump Story and put that arrogant shit back down a peg. Why he had hype for hugging Alves to death to begin with is beyond me

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

This is funny cause Brazilians use steroids all the time. It's legal there. How do you really think Sho Gun returned from his knees injury so fast ? When used properly, Steroids aren't that bad. They help speed up a recovery, but the U.S. Hates them cause they were discovered in part by the Nazis and used by them and German Olympic athletes.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I cant help but feel like there's still more to this...

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

He will be back in the UFC within a year or so.

Funny how all of these elite athletes have low test though.

12 Last