rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

question for the board...which way does the kim/condit line swing?

not an easy fight to call...both have been involved in split decisions in the ufc.....

seems like condit is the more well-rounded...kim more the bully.....

wanted to get this out there...i`m in the minority(more than likely) and i`m considering a small play on condit out of sheer respect for the guy`s toughness(bad way to wager,i know...but this is small as i have several large parlays with bader as the kicker pending)....... beating hardy at his own game and gutting out tough wins over very rough characters in ellenberger and macdonald(when it looked for all the world like macdonald had it won...i was on macdonald..lol) won me over......

opinions?....trying to figure whether to take the -105 or wait....

muchos grassy-ass...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 06-27-11 at 06:14 PM.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think more money will go on Condit, but it's hard to say considering the current line movement. Kim seems to get faded a lot because of his boring style. Most fighters with Kim's style don't get much respect betting wise. In my opinion, you should take Condit now, but I'm just guessing. Hopefully, someone else can agree with me or give better insight.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I agree with Kalad.

After the initial "line settling" upon release, the line has moved toward Condit (-) and Kim (+) very slightly based on the bfo chart.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't think the line on Condit will get any better. People should be playing the Kim by decision line if they want to make a play on him.

As for the fight, I think the judging could potentially be crucial. Condit is going to tag Kim repeatedly in the stand-up, and Kim is going to take Condit down and possibly dominate him positionally at times. Part of me wants to favour Condit, as I feel he can get back up to his feet and really put the heat on a tiring Kim (Carlos has a history of completely taking over fights towards the end). The other part of me wants to favour Kim on the basis that the judges will probably show him some love simply for spending prolonged periods of time on top (which was the case in his fight against Nate Diaz, even though he was largely out-fought by Diaz from bottom).

Basically, it's a pick 'em fight in my opinion, so I don't see too much value in betting either way. I think the best play is Kim by decision hedged with Condit to win outright, as I don't see how Kim finishes him.
    Last edited by Ladle; 06-27-11 at 06:22 PM.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I think more money will go on Condit, but it's hard to say considering the current line movement. Kim seems to get faded a lot because of his boring style. Most fighters with Kim's style don't get much respect betting wise. In my opinion, you should take Condit now, but I'm just guessing. Hopefully, someone else can agree with me or give better insight.

i was thinking that most savvy mma wagerers might be on kim...and your more casual fan might look at condit`s higher profile(as you indicated).....

this will be one of the few times i am going against my better judgement(if i even wager) just because i have so much respect for a fighter.....

i can easily see kim grinding out a win....i expect it to go the distance and i think a distance fight probably leans kim`s way....

hey...this is cathartic...i`m actually talking myself out of a condit wager....

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I know i would bet condit in this fight if I could control him so he wouldn't throw any kicks. But he will and im thinking it is going to cost him so im just going to sit back and watch this one.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    I think it has potential to be a fight where the judging is crucial. Condit is going to tag Kim repeatedly in the stand-up, and Kim is going to take Condit down and possibly dominate him positionally at times. Part of me wants to favour Condit, as I feel he can get back up to his feet and really put the heat on a tiring Kim (Carlos has a history of completely taking over fights towards the end). The other part of me wants to favour Kim on the basis that the judges will probably show him some love simply for spending prolonged periods of time on top (which was the case in his fight against Nate Diaz, even though he was largely out-fought by Diaz from bottom).

Basically, it's a pick 'em fight in my opinion, so I don't see much value in betting either way. I think the best play is Kim by decision hedged with Condit to win outright, as I don't see how Kim finishes him.

well broken down.....they certainly aren`t giving condit walkovers....

and leben/silva?.....will they even bother putting a fotn line on this one?....faber/cruz?.....some seriously interesting bouts on this card....with the right matchmaking,big guys aren`t really a necessity....

very much anticipating saturday night...

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1890

Maybe this fight ends in a draw?

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I know i would bet condit in this fight if I could control him so he wouldn't throw any kicks. But he will and im thinking it is going to cost him so im just going to sit back and watch this one.

thanks bud...it is a very difficult call...

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I'm not betting this fight. But I got this really deep feeling that Condit is just way too much of a killer to lose to DHK's stall out shit. I know Condit's takedown defense is a big liability and DHK loves to get on top and do nothing but control. But I really expect Condit to teach DHK the difference between a point fighter and a fighter.

Think about it. Nate Diaz arguably beat DHK and came close to finishing him. Why the **** couldn't a much better Condit not get the W?

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

razor close fight yo

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

i just want this one to go the distance. Please don't finish him Carlos!!!

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Kim is a bad style matchup for Condit, but Condit is by far the biggest step up of Kim's career.

I think this is going to be a repeat of Mcdonald/Condit, without the stoppage at the end.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Don't think the line on Condit will get any better. People should be playing the Kim by decision line if they want to make a play on him. As for the fight, I think the judging could potentially be crucial. Condit is going to tag Kim repeatedly in the stand-up, and Kim is going to take Condit down and possibly dominate him positionally at times. Part of me wants to favour Condit, as I feel he can get back up to his feet and really put the heat on a tiring Kim (Carlos has a history of completely taking over fights towards the end). The other part of me wants to favour Kim on the basis that the judges will probably show him some love simply for spending prolonged periods of time on top (which was the case in his fight against Nate Diaz, even though he was largely out-fought by Diaz from bottom). Basically, it's a pick 'em fight in my opinion, so I don't see too much value in betting either way. I think the best play is Kim by decision hedged with Condit to win outright, as I don't see how Kim finishes him.
    I completely agree with the analysis and picks. Condit is sort of a slow starter and Kim will probably not have too much trouble taking him to the mat. I dont expect him to finish Kim from his back, because he is a great grappler but tends to have problems with his cardio. That combined with a potential grueling ground battle and Condits tendency to finish strong, it will probably come down to a close decision unless Condit can end the match standing.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over 2.5 rounds is probably the best play on this fight if you're leaning Kim. If you're leaning Condit play the Under 2.5 rounds. Actually I just looked at Pinnacle's line:
    Under 2.5 @ 3.6
    Over 2.5 @ 1.299

This would lead me to believe this would be in Kim's favour, no??