Eccocide
    2010 MMA Results: +69.3225 units
    Eccocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Marquardt Not Medically Cleared for Fight Tomorrow...Brenneman in.

Chairib posted this in the UFC on Versus thread but in case ppl arent checking it.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24140/marq...-brenneman.mma

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Expecting some value on Brenneman. We'll see.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Expecting some value on Brenneman. We'll see.
    I think we will. Anything over +250 is a decent bet. I took Brenneman against Hendricks at +330, He outwrestled Hendricks in round 1.

reformed
    reformed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

+300 worth a shot? odds should be better by fighttime with 5dimes reduced juice

Mastertvtech
    Mastertvtech's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 275

Story should take him easy.....No way Brenneman has enough time to get ready for this type of fighter.

Marquardt knowing he wouldn't make weight is a big dissapointment....Should have been a catch weight fight.

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

looks like Dana white just released Marquardt .. just got this from sherdog

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

WOW Dana posted a video on his twitter claiming Marquardt is out of the UFC. I wonder what he Nate did. Dana looks pissed.

http://www.tout.com/m/nsphwl

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

That is some shitty news. I hope he did more than just **** up the main event to get axed.

bogbat

I read he was 12lbs overweight and the doctor didn't allow him to continue cutting. Not sure if its true or not but if it is he deserves to get cut in my opinion. 12lbs overweight without letting the UFC know in advance is ridiculous.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    I read he was 12lbs overweight and the doctor didn't allow him to continue cutting. Not sure if its true or not but if it is he deserves to get cut in my opinion. 12lbs overweight without letting the UFC know in advance is ridiculous.
    I think this is most likely given what we know. Nate pulled out right before the weigh ins and Dana was angry enough to fire him on twitter immediately. He wouldn't do this if it were any other 'medical' reason.

Quote Originally Posted by reformed View Post
    +300 worth a shot? odds should be better by fighttime with 5dimes reduced juice
    Don't bet on Brenneman. Story is winning this fight.
    Last edited by scofflaw; 06-25-11 at 05:19 PM.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

He was a big 185, not surprised he failed there...

He will be back in the UFC within a year or two if it was only a weight issue. Could have been PEDS or something else too.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Nate being 12 pounds overweight is not true

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Nate being 12 pounds overweight is not true
    Ok next rumor up I guess: Nate got caught using a wizonator (fake plastic penis) when submitting his urine for the PED test.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

(fake plastic penis) .
    Nate had a Dildo ??

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW Dana posted a video on his twitter claiming Marquardt is out of the UFC. I wonder what he Nate did. Dana looks pissed.

http://www.tout.com/m/nsphwl
    Suprised he got cut. I wonder if well eventually see him back, thiago missed weight numerous times but never by 12 lbs.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Honestly, this is way less embarrassing than being paraded around as an ex-King of Pancrase that can't fulfill his potential...I remember thinking this guy was not losing to anyone at 185 besides Anderson. And then I watched the Sonnen fight.

And now I'm not surprised frankly.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

So much for my parlay I made a couple days ago that included Story.

This show really took some hits, first Anthony Johnson's scratched, then Kampmann, now Marquardt.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who cares Marquardt sucks. I actually bet on him for this fight, but whatever. The most likely outcome is he took something to help with the cut. I won't go into too much detail, but certain things you can take can increase simple things like blood pressure and heart rate. These are very easy to detect by anyone licensed to medically clear you for a fight. Since this is the most likely thing that happened I can see Dana being pissed. This is especially true because spike has a 3 hour marathon before the fights showing all of Marquardt's passed fights. This was supposed to be a great build up for him and was supposed to set his career.

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Greek View Post
    So much for my parlay I made a couple days ago that included Story.

This show really took some hits, first Anthony Johnson's scratched, then Kampmann, now Marquardt.
    There's definitely a problem when Kongo is fighting Barry as a main event.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

cutting weigh is ridiculously hard, its mentally and physically exhausting cutting such weight.

bogbat

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Who cares Marquardt sucks. I actually bet on him for this fight, but whatever. The most likely outcome is he took something to help with the cut. I won't go into too much detail, but certain things you can take can increase simple things like blood pressure and heart rate. These are very easy to detect by anyone licensed to medically clear you for a fight. Since this is the most likely thing that happened I can see Dana being pissed. This is especially true because spike has a 3 hour marathon before the fights showing all of Marquardt's passed fights. This was supposed to be a great build up for him and was supposed to set his career.
    Spike and the UFC are in the middle of partnership negotiations and some MMA journalists believe that the UFC has nothing to do with the Marquardt marathon and its Spike trying to counter program. The marathon overlaps with the Versus event.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

They better not air all the Nate Marquardt fights.

Kaladarus

Spike and the UFC are in the middle of partnership negotiations and some MMA journalists believe that the UFC has nothing to do with the Marquardt marathon and its Spike trying to counter program. The marathon overlaps with the Versus event.
    That's interesting. Seems like Spike is getting screwed by trying to screw the UFC. Funny how things played out.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

http://youtu.be/HYDbRkH18Ys

he made the weight no problem...so what was it?
    banned substances?? they would probably be obligated to announce that, right?

communicable disease?

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

anybody know what really happened?

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

sounds like he used something to cut.

Vrakas
    Vrakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8912

nate the great is out who cares he sucks anyway.the only time he fights well is when he fights no names.story was going to destroy him.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I wouldn't consider damien maia a no name and that was one of the most spectacular KO's in the past few years... ignorance... pshhh

99Boxster
    99Boxster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4394

Nates a top tier fighter. Im surprised they just let him go...he must've done something ****** up. He cut all the weight so I guess he used and it was detected somehow

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    That's interesting. Seems like Spike is getting screwed by trying to screw the UFC. Funny how things played out.
    The Spike marathon came out with slightly higher ratings, 793,000 to 744,000 viewers.