ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Why Were People Picking Rogers By KO

I'm not trying to be funny here. Maybe there is something I don't know. I seen a few posters picking rogers top ko Barnett. Why??? Barnett has been stopped like twice in like 50 fights. And that was by sub. What was the thinking behind that. Using Steroids makes you all of a sudden a potential ko victim? Don't think the guy has been ko'd in his career. I don't get it. Did I miss rogers go on a ko spree or something? Barnett by sub was the easiest play of the night. That and briggs.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

because barnett has been relatively inactive fighting low level competition for the last 3 years.

everyone knew that barnett was the better fighter, the question was which barnett was going to show up. apparently, it was a new and improved one.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

neh. just the old. He has always been one of the best heavy weights. Good top control, big thighs. Nothing out of the ordinary with that win.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    neh. just the old. He has always been one of the best heavy weights. Good top control, big thighs. Nothing out of the ordinary with that win.
    That's what I mean. That was typical barnett win. I just didn't see why people where picking him to get knocked out when I don't think he ever has been in his career. I know he did tap due to punches from cro cop a long time ago.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    because barnett has been relatively inactive fighting low level competition for the last 3 years.

everyone knew that barnett was the better fighter, the question was which barnett was going to show up. apparently, it was a new and improved one.
    do u watch mma at all? new and inproved barnett? thats the same old barnett ive been watching for a decade

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Puncher's chance is way over valued by some people.

NickDiaz209

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    Puncher's chance is way over valued by some people.
    this is why u gotta take kongo...pat barry has a punchers chance

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    do u watch mma at all? new and inproved barnett? thats the same old barnett ive been watching for a decade

NickDiaz209

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I'm not trying to be funny here. Maybe there is something I don't know. I seen a few posters picking rogers top ko Barnett. Why??? Barnett has been stopped like twice in like 50 fights. And that was by sub. What was the thinking behind that. Using Steroids makes you all of a sudden a potential ko victim? Don't think the guy has been ko'd in his career. I don't get it. Did I miss rogers go on a ko spree or something? Barnett by sub was the easiest play of the night. That and briggs.
    lance briggs? linebacker on the bears?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lance Briggs on the undercard?!!!

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Barnett was knocked out by Pedro back in the UFC days. But he also returned the favor.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Josh is probably on the of the biggest divas in the sport.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i picked rogers because barnett hasnt really fought anyone interesting in the last few years. i was hoping he was overhyped. while rogers is a pretty crummy i was hoping barnett was just overrated.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    Barnett was knocked out by Pedro back in the UFC days. But he also returned the favor.
    I think I maybe remember this.

v1y

the barnett that i saw last night could beat crocop.

that's what i'm talking about.

ttrace35

Crocop used to be a beast.

NickDiaz209

exactly..CroCop at the end of 2006 was a beast. But since he's been knocked out by Gonzaga, dominated by Kongo, picked apart JDS, KO'd by Frank Mir, outstruck by Pat Barry, and KO'd by Schaub.

Chuck Liddell, although overrated, also was a pretty damn good fighter back at the end of 06 before getting brutally knocked out half a dozen times since then.

Barnett, however, is still the same elite fighter he was 5 years ago due to fighting nothing but cans. He hasn't been knocked out a million times in the last 5 years. He may be even better. If you didn't think Barnett was elite 5 years ago, you've been living under a rock.

v1y

so? doesn't change the fact that i think the barnett of last night could beat a 2005 crocop.

that's what i meant when i said "new and improved".

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

The Brooklyn Brawler could beat Cro Cop.

ttrace35

exactly..CroCop at the end of 2006 was a beast. But since he's been knocked out by Gonzaga, dominated by Kongo, picked apart JDS, KO'd by Frank Mir, outstruck by Pat Barry, and KO'd by Schaub.

Chuck Liddell, although overrated, also was a pretty damn good fighter back at the end of 06 before getting brutally knocked out half a dozen times since then.

Barnett, however, is still the same elite fighter he was 5 years ago due to fighting nothing but cans. He hasn't been knocked out a million times in the last 5 years. He may be even better. If you didn't think Barnett was elite 5 years ago, you've been living under a rock.
    Yea. I agree. I'm a big barnett fan. Even bigger pride fan and this is what barnett does. Your right about fighting cans. rogers is a can. Was an easy fight to call.

ttrace35

so? doesn't change the fact that i think the barnett of last night could beat a 2005 crocop.

that's what i meant when i said "new and improved".
    I'm not trying to argue with you. Everybody has their opinion. Rogers is a bum that has no balance. This was my easiest play in years.

v1y

I'm not trying to argue with you. Everybody has their opinion. Rogers is a bum that has no balance. This was my easiest play in years.
    So so easy to say after the fact lmao.

But yes, i had 300 on barnett too.