jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Don't let the hate for Bisping blind you in this fight. If he can avoid the sub, I think he's got this in the bag.
    What in god's name makes you think he's got a good shot at that when he had Jake Shields dead to rights?

Mayhem hasn't beaten anyone worth noting since Tim Kennedy in 2007 (don't even bother saying Sakuraba)
    I wouldn't say that Bisping had even fought anyone since 2007 with the currency of Shields and Jacare, (and don't bother saying Wanderlei, who lost to Hendo, or Hendo, who got asphyxiated by Shields) no less can say he likely would have beaten them but for incidence.

Miller in some way or another has always been the one who I measure Bisping by. A guy who has flourishes of brilliance who's supposed to be lesser then a guy who's consistent against other consistent guys. Bisping does a lot right, but what has he done great?

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
    What in god's name makes you think he's got a good shot at that when he had Jake Shields dead to rights?

I wouldn't say that Bisping had even fought anyone since 2007 with the currency of Shields and Jacare, (and don't bother saying Wanderlei, who lost to Hendo, or Hendo, who got asphyxiated by Shields) no less can say he likely would have beaten them but for incidence.

Miller in some way or another has always been the one who I measure Bisping by. A guy who has flourishes of brilliance who's supposed to be lesser then a guy who's consistent against other consistent guys. Bisping does a lot right, but what has he done great?
    Why wouldn't he have a good shot? Do you not think Bisping is on the same level? Do you think Miller is going to catch Bisping in a RNC and seal the deal? When have we ever seen Michael subbed? I do believe that Mayhem has the best JJ from all the opponents he's faced... but still can't see him getting caught. People continue to shit on Bisping, but I believe he's a step up in competition for Mayhem and it will show when they clash.

If you truly believe what you're saying, then pound the hell out of +145 and be done with it.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Favour Bisping. He can out-point Miller on the feet and his defensive grappling skills are fantastic; he's great at getting his hips clear of his opponent, is excellent at stopping guys from passing guard, and then retaining guard after. It's probably the most outstanding aspect of his game. He still moves straight backwards and freaks out when someone comes at him, and he still circles the wrong way, but I'm not sure that Miller can exploit those flaws in the same way that Henderson and Silva did.

I'll be playing Bisping by decision, possibly hedged with Miller outright.
    Well said. Also, I think it's worth noting that Bisping is a huge MW, so that makes him even harder to control. Mayhem will be at a size disadvantage, I have no doubt about that, which makes the wrestling and BJJ game even harder than it already is.

You're so right about Bisping's poor reaction to aggression. I ******* messaged Jorge Rivera prior to that fight and told him his only chance was to go right at him and make it a dirty brawl, kinda like how Chad Griggs went after Gian Villante. Bisping looks like a deer in headlights when an opponent bullrushes him. Yet, nobody ******* does it. How idiotic does Jorge's training camp have to be to not have told him to do that? He was definitely losing if the match played out.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Well said. Also, I think it's worth noting that Bisping is a huge MW, so that makes him even harder to control. Mayhem will be at a size disadvantage, I have no doubt about that, which makes the wrestling and BJJ game even harder than it already is.

You're so right about Bisping's poor reaction to aggression. I ******* messaged Jorge Rivera prior to that fight and told him his only chance was to go right at him and make it a dirty brawl, kinda like how Chad Griggs went after Gian Villante. Bisping looks like a deer in headlights when an opponent bullrushes him. Yet, nobody ******* does it. How idiotic does Jorge's training camp have to be to not have told him to do that? He was definitely losing if the match played out.
    lol at ur dumbass claiming to know rivera

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Quote Originally Posted by NickDiaz209 View Post
    lol at ur dumbass claiming to know rivera
    It was an online chat where he answered questions. I said please go out Bisping right from the bell. He can't handle aggression. Rivera laughed. I was hoping that meant it was part of his strategy, but it wasn't. That's all. What's so unrealistic about that? It was a hellova lot better strategy than trying to patiently pick him apart from outside, since Bisping shot about 20 takedowns to wear out Rivera's gas tank.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16896

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Why wouldn't he have a good shot? Do you not think Bisping is on the same level?
    As Jake Shields? Emphatically no.

First 12