Go4theJugular
    Go4theJugular's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dos Santos needs to work on his boxing...

....Says Dana White...

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/...ory?id=6653055

If Carwin won he'd be on his knees slurping his balls but since Dos Santos isn't American/white (like Brock or Carwin) he criticizes him.

Funny because JDS (who apparently needs to work on his boxing) knocked out a top contender in his first UFC fight (werdum) and then had to fight about 8 more times before getting his title shot. Not only that but he had his title shot taken away because Velasquez faked an injury and Brock backed out (like a sissy).

Meanwhile, Brock Lesnar and Carwin crush one can and get an undeserved title shot.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

not surprised you got banned, stop beating a dead horse. we get it.

Go4theJugular

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post
    not surprised you got banned, stop beating a dead horse. we get it.
    What are you 5 years old? go watch south park dooche

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

[quote=Go4theJugular;10397885] What are you 5 years old? south park funny

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Dos Santos is an offensive boxer, he has poor head movement. He just has such great offense that he hasnt needed a defense.

Go4theJugular

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Dos Santos is an offensive boxer, he has poor head movement. He just has such great offense that he hasnt needed a defense.
    Yeah you should show him how to box... ya know, since you know everything right?

SportsPedagogy

i do know how to watch fighters without being biased.

Go4theJugular

i do know how to watch fighters without being biased.
    Your bias is why you lost money. You believed in Carwin because of the UFC hype machine and didn't believe in Dos Santos because he can't speak English. You're racist and ignorant. Good job.

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Are you sure? he slipped almost all of Carwin's punches...
    If i recall correctly, only a weak lunging left jab connected, and it was at the tail end of a combo hitting all air.

SportsPedagogy

Your right, all i do is lose money gambling cause my great white faith fighters dont come thru for me. If only the fighters of color didnt cheat so much, the i wouldnt be soo broke. My Hispanic wife is going to kill me when she finds out how much i lost last night. I have truly shamed my grandparents, when they came over on a boat from Italy, they had no idea how pathetic i would become. Thank you for putting things into perspective.

Go4theJugular

Your right, all i do is lose money gambling cause my great white faith fighters dont come thru for me. If only the fighters of color didnt cheat so much, the i wouldnt be soo broke. My Hispanic wife is going to kill me when she finds out how much i lost last night. I have truly shamed my grandparents, when they came over on a boat from Italy, they had no idea how pathetic i would become. Thank you for putting things into perspective.
    Finally you see the light...now don't you feel better for finally admitting the truth?

BTW, Don't you love those Hispanic girls with junk in the trunk? More cushion for the pushin

SportsPedagogy

Carwin telegraphs alot of of his punches, but when they do connect, there is alot of power behind them. I remember watchig some of his fights before the cro cop fight thinking "man, this guy doesnt move his head alot (Not just when punches are thrown, but before hand, to throw off your opponents timing) and he keeps his hands a lil low and never covers his chin when he throws. Hes getting better at it. His offense covers it up, hes one of the best strikers in the UFC, but his defensive boxing isnt that great, there are alot of bad habits that he could break that would make him unstoppable in the stand up game.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Go4theJugular View Post
    BTW, Don't you love those Hispanic girls with junk in the trunk? More cushion for the pushin
    It really helps me work out my "Italian American" White power issues.

Hannibal

I think its a mistake to judge his style based on a benchmark of classical boxing technique.

The fact is: He has not been stunned by strikes. Sure, he gets hit, but doesn't necessarily mean his defense is bad. Its two different things to eat shots to the face not knowing what hit you... vs taking shots that you know are coming, with the intention of bracing for them and being in a position to fire back.

Stout in last night's fight would be an excellent example.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 06-12-11 at 03:02 PM.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

He hasn't need it so far. Questionable defense doesn't mean much in MMA most of the time, because only the super-elite fighters in MMA can slip, dodge, parry and counter. Against 99 percent of the population, offense is everything. If you can come forward and throw a three-piece with mechanics and power, you're on your way.

That said, at this elite level, defense does start to become more important.

Hannibal

^unless you're guys like denis kang, with awesome offense but easily susceptible to damage from strikes.

SportsPedagogy

I completely agree, like i said, his offense is his defense, but i was just informing some people that his boxing isnt perfect and there is no need for the homo erotic reply to Danas comments. If Dos Santos wanted to move to pro boxing, he would have alot to work on.

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    ^unless you're guys like denis kang, with awesome offense but easily susceptible to damage from strikes.
    Agreed. And like I said, it only applies most of the time. Someone as unsturdy as Kang would be an exception. If he was physically and mentally more durable, he'd be a consistent top three-to-five guy at 185.

Also, if Jon Goulet had any kind of a chin, he'd be at least a peripheral contender at 170. Kendall Grove might be a consistent Top 15-ish type guy if he had a chin, too. There will always be a few anomalies.

Go4theJugular

I completely agree, like i said, his offense is his defense, but i was just informing some people that his boxing isnt perfect and there is no need for the homo erotic reply to Danas comments. If Dos Santos wanted to move to pro boxing, he would have alot to work on.
    I guess the point that everyone is making in response to what you're saying is that he's got it all working for him...

His head movement isn't great but it's because he's fearless...and that's what he has going for him. He's taken Gonzaga's hardest head kick and he smiled. He's as quick as any heavyweight striker (except Cain or maybe Fedor) and he's a -125 favorite for a reason. It will take a lot to knock him out...even more than it will take to knock out Cain

Ladle

It will take a lot to knock him out...even more than it will take to knock out Cain
    I don't think we can say that with any degree of certainty. I can't believe that people still cling to the idea that Cain can't stand up to punishment because he hit the deck against Kongo. Those short crosses would have probably felled a polar bear.

Go4theJugular

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    I don't think we can say that with any degree of certainty. I can't believe that people still cling to the idea that Cain can't stand up to punishment because he hit the deck against Kongo. Those short crosses would have probably felled a polar bear.
    You'd have to give the power edge to JDS, standup to JDS, chin to JDS...Cain just has wrestling and cardio with very good standup.

I'd say this fight is 60/40 in favor of JDS

Ladle

You'd have to give the power edge to JDS, standup to JDS, chin to JDS...Cain just has wrestling and cardio with very good standup.
    Lol. Based on that description alone, I'd favour Velasquez.

Cain just has wrestling and cardio
    Yeah, the two things which are likely to be the most salient factors in the fight, especially if it goes to the championship rounds.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bjpenn85

Hannibal

If we're talking about skillset, I like cain in all areas. Even the striking skill is closer than people give credit.
    What worries me the most is the size difference. I understand weight will be the similar, but jds has a considerably larger frame. Coupled with his foot speed he can control the distance pretty well. Also, a long frame with great hips isn't common. Those two factors create leverage that translate into a world class sprawl.
    Lucky for cain, he has an exceptional single, which I believe will be much more effective than trying to double leg jds.

Go4theJugular

Lol. Based on that description alone, I'd favour Velasquez. Yeah, the two things which are likely to be the most salient factors in the fight, especially if it goes to the championship rounds.
    You'd favor a guy with a weaker chin and that doesn't hit as hard? I don't see Cain taking it down every round, so I gotta give the advantage to JDS. I see him taking two of the first 3 rounds with the last two being up for grabs

Ladle

You'd favor a guy with a weaker chin and that doesn't hit as hard?
    Uh, how do you know Velasquez has a weaker chin? That's totally unsubstantiated. Both have displayed excellent chins.

As you pointed out yourself, Velasquez has a wrestling and conditioning advantage. That's more salient than dos Santos' power.

I don't see Cain taking it down every round, so I gotta give the advantage to JDS. I see him taking two of the first 3 rounds with the last two being up for grabs
    What a bizarre thing to say. Care to rationalize why you think Velasquez will mysteriously choose not to take dos Santos down in every round, especially in the fourth and fifth rounds when his cardio advantage will really come into play?

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

weak chin? evidence, please? do he need to get a takedown to win every round? wrestlers win by stalling, holding, dirty boxing, making it ugly. Cain is that type of fighter, and with absolutely insane cardio.

Squareguy
    Squareguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

Yes, Dana is obviously racist.

Please stop making threads. Thanks

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Cain by decision for me

Go4theJugular

Uh, how do you know Velasquez has a weaker chin? That's totally unsubstantiated. Both have displayed excellent chins. As you pointed out yourself, Velasquez has a wrestling and conditioning advantage. That's more salient than dos Santos' power. What a bizarre thing to say. Care to rationalize why you think Velasquez will mysteriously choose not to take dos Santos down in every round, especially in the fourth and fifth rounds when his cardio advantage will really come into play?
    Um, getting dropped twice by Kongo = weaker chin vs a guy who took Gonzaga's most brutal head kick and smiled at him. Also a guy who took some shots from Carwin and Yvel and didn't blink. It's also not debatable that Cain doesn't exactly hit that hard.

I didn't say he would choose not to take him down. I just said I don't think he'll be able to KEEP it on the ground. For all we know he might not even be able to take him down in the first place. Don't underestimate JDS just because he doesn't have the belt.

Go4theJugular

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    weak chin? evidence, please? do he need to get a takedown to win every round? wrestlers win by stalling, holding, dirty boxing, making it ugly. Cain is that type of fighter, and with absolutely insane cardio.
    Ever watch Kongo vs Cain? Cain got knocked down twice. That's all the evidence I need. And hell yeah he needs to get the takedown to win. He sure as hell isn't gonna knock out JDS standing.

Go4theJugular

I think this fight goes the distance 48-47 in a very close fight. Cain will probably get the decision because he's the champ

Go4theJugular

Quote Originally Posted by Squareguy View Post
    Yes, Dana is obviously racist. Please stop making threads. Thanks
    Well duh...how do you explain Canwin and Brock getting undeserved title shots before JDS and Cain who are obviously much better? JDS needed 8 UFC wins against guys that we have heard of to get a title shot. Cain needed at least 5 or 6. Brock gets Herring before a title shot and Carwin beat some guy who works with my cousin (Welsch) and Mir to get a title shot. What a joke.

Color of skin

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

How did Jon Jones get a title shot then? Or Rashad Evans? Or Rampage? Or are they only racist to HW's?

Go4theJugular

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    How did Jon Jones get a title shot then? Or Rashad Evans? Or Rampage? Or are they only racist to HW's?
    Let's be real here big dawg...Jones and Rashad aren't black...they're oreo cookies.

When you're as good as Rampage and you already kicked the champ's ass (Chuck at the time), a title shot is well-deserved...Rampage is black, Paul Daley is black. Melvin Guillard is black.... which is why he was royally screwed Rampage of his belt against Forrest.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Let's be real here big dawg...Jones and Rashad aren't black...they're oreo cookies.

When you're as good as Rampage and you already kicked the champ's ass (Chuck at the time), a title shot is well-deserved...Rampage is black, Paul Daley is black. Melvin Guillard is black.... which is why he was royally screwed Rampage of his belt against Forrest.
    hahahhaa Solid points Sir!

12 Last