Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Good write-up V... Perhaps I've let Super Cheick's propensity for nut shots to cloud my judgment regarding his fighter IQ.

Yeah, I've been looking to fade the sh*t out of Barry since he burned me in the Mirko fight, and given his performance in the Beltran fight... hmmmmmm.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by goblinburner View Post
    dameon mia and junior dos santos are locks
    highly disagree....

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Fading Barry is correct and now is the best time to do it. I seriously question Barry's mental toughness in the Octagon. It seems if he gets taken out of his element (off his feet) that he checks out. You could see it on his face how frustrated he was against CC. It was almost as though he just gave the fight away and had no answer.

Listen, I absolutely love Barry's personality and think he would be cool as hell to hang out with, etc. But as far as a mid-tier UFC HW, he's about to hit a wall. I hope he decides to get serious about his diet and training and goes down to LHW after this one.

If Kongo doesn't get Barry down in this fight and pound him out or at the very least get a UD I'll be very surprised.
    He did have a broke hand and broke foot vs CC
    I thought Barry did a good job in his last fight o stuffing the takedown and getting of the mat when he was taken down. The Brock Lesnar training must have paid off. That being said, i wouldnt be to surprised if Kongo gets submission of the night.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Nobody likes Elkins? Omigawa is game, a better striker, and has wrestling for a Japanese fighter but Elkins has a pretty clear LnP path to victory. Too bad I can't get a decision prop on him.

lasker
    lasker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    I thought Barry did a good job in his last fight o stuffing the takedown and getting of the mat when he was taken down. The Brock Lesnar training must have paid off. That being said, i wouldnt be to surprised if Kongo gets submission of the night.
    I'd be shocked. Kongo's ground game is atrocious. I don't see him getting submission of the night ever, even if he's fighting Pat Barry.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    Nobody likes Elkins? Omigawa is game, a better striker, and has wrestling for a Japanese fighter but Elkins has a pretty clear LnP path to victory. Too bad I can't get a decision prop on him.
    Mendes had to work his ass off to get his takedowns on Omigawa, and Mendes is a highly decorated wrestler - Omigawa had good sprawl. Though, I'm admittedly, not up to snuff on Elkins' pedigree with respect to his wrestling -- google reveals he was a state wrestling champion in Indiana -- have you reviewed footage of him, and if so, does he work his wrestling base effectively?...

(Also, Omigawa had some slick sub attempts from the bottom against Mendes as well, iirc, so if he does end up there and Elkins doesn't have great top control, he could get sub'd)

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I shouldn't have asked this question in the locks thread. I know Omigawa has good wrestling but Elkins has size and I think he might find similar success in getting Omigawa down. The videos I saw of him he was able to shoot and get guys down but he does leave himself open to chokes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Beltran's offensively wrestling is not great and he is a pudgy HW who could probably make LHW.
    And I've noticed quite a lot of people sayin that Barry "must of improved his takedown defence from his spell at Deathclutch", "the training must of paid of etc etc...." As far as I'm aware Barry went to Deathclutch to act as Lesnar's guinea pig. Barry was there to provide a service as Lesnar's sparring partner rather than benefit from hours of coaching from Lesnar, Morgan, or even Madsen as he also had a fight coming up so would of been geared towards helping him as well.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    mark munoz
    boom.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Looks like everyone's lock plays hit

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Too many 50/50 fights in UFC 131.

Interesting out come though. Munoz and Dos Santos won their fights, which is what most of us were betting on.

First 12