NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Diego Nunes to upset Kenny Florian?

Kenny seems susceptible to fighters with a grinding style. Upon looking at Nunes record, his last 5 wins have all been by decision. I admit I cant recall watching a single fight of his other than a portion of the Brown fight. Did he wear Brown down with a wrestling based grinding style? If so, I wonder if he may do the same to Florian. I think taking this fight to go to decision may be the safest play, as Nunes has never been finished.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

what i do if i`m unfamiliar with a fighter is check youtube and/or go to sherdog to pull up his record....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Diego-Nunes-25981

this guy`s fought in the ufc once and the wec 5 times....if you click on the "event" for each fight,it`ll take you to a page of subtitles for that event...

usually with ufc and wec events,you can pull up a "round by round"(or "play by play" as it`s listed) analysis of what happened in each fight.....

it helps me remember things i had forgotten...and get a handle on a guy`s style and what he did against other styles ....it can be helpful....

off the top of my head,i`ll be surprised if he beats florian(unless the weight cut is too much) after splits vs assuncao and a stiff,shot michael brown...

g.l.
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 06-05-11 at 06:19 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I like Florian to win, but unfortunately I think the odds are where they should be. No play for me. GL!

NickBaragona

Well, he's never been finished. Do you guys see Florian finishing him? I think taking it over 2.5 Rounds might be safer, in case of a late finish. Also, Florian is going to be one skinny guy at 145. He was bony as hell at 155...I wonder how this weight cut will affect his game.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

He'll be thin that's for sure. But he should have a pretty favorable reach advantage. That's the part I'm looking. Florians Elbows are going to be long and sharp.

NickBaragona

Well, my original big 2 fighter parlay was going to be Florian/Cerrone, but I decided to take out Florian and add Dave Herman. Herman's opponent, Einemo hasen't fought since 2006, and even then he fought horrible competition. I hope I didnt make a mistake, but I don't see Herman losing this fight.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NickBaragona View Post
    Well, my original big 2 fighter parlay was going to be Florian/Cerrone, but I decided to take out Florian and add Dave Herman. Herman's opponent, Einemo hasen't fought since 2006, and even then he fought horrible competition. I hope I didnt make a mistake, but I don't see Herman losing this fight.
    Herman has a history of undermining his own potential. Hell, he gassed out and blew it against Mu Bae Choi. It's a totally winnable fight for Einemo if Herman isn't focused.

NickBaragona

Well then, now I'm nervous.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well then, now I'm nervous.
    You're basically gambling on his mental state going into the fight. Herman has a legit heavyweight body, is a great athlete, and can put a whooping on dudes standing, and on the ground. The problem has always been his lack of dedication to training and absence of focus.

jesuseatsnubs
    jesuseatsnubs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2305

Diego Nunes will absolutely beat Kenny Florian like a rag doll .. and most likely win it by TKO/KO or a submission .

Kenny is coming in at 145 POUNDS !! he used to be at 185 .. and he was skinny as fkkkkk !!! at 155 .. so just imagine what he will look like at 145 ..

this is a pick that i am 100 % sure of .. If you make a bet on Diego Nunes and you lose .. I will give you 200 betpoints ..

best of luck on the 11th .. can't wait

Camdemonium
    Camdemonium's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jesuseatsnubs View Post
    Diego Nunes will absolutely beat Kenny Florian like a rag doll .. and most likely win it by TKO/KO or a submission .

Kenny is coming in at 145 POUNDS !! he used to be at 185 .. and he was skinny as fkkkkk !!! at 155 .. so just imagine what he will look like at 145 ..

this is a pick that i am 100 % sure of .. If you make a bet on Diego Nunes and you lose .. I will give you 200 betpoints ..

Didn't you lose a l0ck recently for a lot of money. I'm not trying to be an ass or question your picks, just stating the truth.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Highly unlikely that Nunes can finish Florian.

jesuseatsnubs

Quote Originally Posted by Camdemonium View Post
    Didn't you lose a l0ck recently for a lot of money. I'm not trying to be an ass or question your picks, just stating the truth.
    which event are you talking about .. because for UFC 130 .. all my picks were correct except for Roy nelson .. my money management was horrible though ... and even for UFC 129 .. I got every single one of my picks correct for that event .

and for last nights event UFC ultimate fighter 13 finale .. I made a $640 profit .

so I am not sure what u are talking about ..

Camdemonium

I have like $2700 in total .

betting $1500 on Straus .

I am very confident .. I don't even need to see the fight tomorrow to know that he won .. I already know his gonna win it .

What can Patricio do .. I think in the striking department they are even .. and in the Wrestling department Straus without a doubt is the superior wrestler .. and he has reach , size and strength advantage along with his height .

Straus also defeated a Brazilian opponent that was 19-0 ..

the only and i repeat ONLY possible way I could see Straus losing is if he gets caught in a Gulliotine chock of some kind .. other then that I am very confident we will see the best Straus we have so far .. and he is gonna want it really bad .. since it is the finals .

no doubt in my mind Straus will win it .

Just my opinion though .. And i did put my money where my mouth is .. I got $1510 on Straus ..

good luck all ..
    This is the one I was thinking of.

I really like this part --> "I am very confident .. I don't even need to see the fight tomorrow to know that he won .. I already know his gonna win it ."

Sorry dude but I don't think I'll be betting on Nunes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

WEC seems to stack up a peg or two below UFC talent wise. I'm in no rush to bet against a LW UFC contender against a mid of the pack 145r. I think I will sit on the sidelines and see if Florian can make the weight or not.
    Last edited by Poppa Catfish; 06-06-11 at 06:30 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Diego nunes have 4 or 5 decisions in a row. Not very likely he will win inside the distance in this one. Nunes decision may be a good backup parlay. And by the way, you should stop lying. This forum is built on sharing opinions and ideas in an honest way. Youre kind of stepping on everybody's toes.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Camdemonium View Post
    This is the one I was thinking of.

I really like this part --> "I am very confident .. I don't even need to see the fight tomorrow to know that he won .. I already know his gonna win it ."

Sorry dude but I don't think I'll be betting on Nunes.
    ha Jesus conveniently forgot about tht one!

Poppa Catfish

and he spaketh to him and Jesus answered, "this very night, before the rooster crows, I will disown this post three times."

yea verily

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Much depends on Florians cut, how it effects his cardio, speed and strenght. If hes had a good cut so he wont get fatigued I think Ken-Flo will be able to push the pace, be the aggressor and control this fight. All of Florians losses has come against bigger guys (Sherk, Maynard, Diego Sanchez and BJ Penn) so if Ken-Flo looks like a damn skeleton and he wont be the stronger guy, maybe Nunes can exploit it and take it to the ground. Nunes is well rounded with good kicks as we saw against Mike Brown. But I do believe that Ken-Flo is a bigger talent and should win. Think it would be wise to wait and watch the weigh-ins before betting on Florian here.

NickBaragona

Dave Herman only has one legitimate loss, so I'd say its a good bet.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I was all over Nunes +240... until I read this thread.

I'm still going to play Nunes, but a bit smaller now as it is guaranteed to lose.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Dave Herman only has one legitimate loss, so I'd say its a good bet.

after watching a few herman fights,i`m alternately seriously impressed and left scratching my head....

he`s big...he`s relatively quick and active...he`s always going for a leg on the ground.....

like the polish dude he fough recently,michael kita...a shorter guy...he threw his first right hand in the fight and clipped herman knocking him down...he recovered...took a little more punishment....i`m thinking "wtf"?......but somehow managed to scramble and pull off a nifty omoplata...pretty high level stuff...

watched a few more fights in which herman showed some nice striking and real athleticism and aggression...then there was the choi fight where he gassed ridiculously and turned his back.....

he`s so talented...has great physical tools..and has looked beastly vs mid-level(or less) opposition......the guy can be amazing at times...but in the ufc,he`ll be in much tougher than he ever has been...hard to make the case that any of his wins were vs anybody that would even sniff legit contender status in the ufc....

still,i`m anxious to see him vs einemo....looks like two solid additions to the ufc heavyweight picture...i think that herman could become a factor in the division...

just for the hell of it...here`s mir putting an omoplata on joanne of mma girls...she`s annoying...but i wouldn`t mind having her in my guard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHAWCDcc64
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 06-06-11 at 06:57 AM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Really? i think she is kind of cute. Think about it, would you walk away from a pretty and jolly girl that is into mma? Most girls that are sports fans are a bit irritating because they dont seem that genuine imo, seeking attention through sports appraisal, but she is a legit mma follower and shes not that stupid either. Thats all i got to say about that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    after watching a few herman fights,i`m alternately seriously impressed and left scratching my head....

he`s big...he`s relatively quick and active...he`s always going for a leg on the ground.....

like the polish dude he fough recently,michael kita...a shorter guy...he threw his first right hand in the fight and clipped herman knocking him down...he recovered...took a little more punishment....i`m thinking "wtf"?......but somehow managed to scramble and pull off a nifty omoplata...pretty high level stuff...

watched a few more fights in which herman showed some nice striking and real athleticism and aggression...then there was the choi fight where he gassed ridiculously and turned his back.....

he`s so talented...has great physical tools..and has looked beastly vs mid-level(or less) opposition......the guy can be amazing at times...but in the ufc,he`ll be in much tougher than he ever has been...hard to make the case that any of his wins were vs anybody that would even sniff legit contender status in the ufc....

still,i`m anxious to see him vs einemo....looks like two solid additions to the ufc heavyweight picture...i think that herman could become a factor in the division...

just for the hell of it...here`s mir putting an omoplata on joanne of mma girls...she`s annoying...but i wouldn`t mind having her in my guard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaHAWCDcc64
    Would like to think and hope tht he'll be taking his UFC debut seriously and be in good condition!

Ha yeah I've watched tht Mir omoplata on Joanne, quite entertainin! There's also one of Cole Miller showing her the helicopter arm-bar...she can spin around on me anyday!!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Really? i think she is kind of cute. Think about it, would you walk away from a pretty and jolly girl that is into mma? Most girls that are sports fans are a bit irritating because they dont seem that genuine imo, seeking attention through sports appraisal, but she is a legit mma follower and shes not that stupid either. Thats all i got to say about that.
    I like Megan Olivi as well

NickBaragona

I'm gonna put Diego Nunes in a parlay..and if he loses you will really give me 200sbr points?

Poppa Catfish

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    I like Megan Olivi as well
    That fight would be finished, imo

You can bet on that, prop man

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    That fight would be finished, imo

You can bet on that, prop man
    Naked rear choke for sure

jesuseatsnubs

I'm gonna put Diego Nunes in a parlay..and if he loses you will really give me 200sbr points?
    yes but if he wins .. you owe me 20 betpoints .. fair enough =P

I am telling you m8 .. don't listen to these idiots here .. It's like talking to a wall with them .. they have no sense lol

good luck to u on the 11th .. and let's hope we both win big

NickBaragona

I am telling you m8 .. don't listen to these idiots here .. It's like talking to a wall with them .. they have no sense lol

Sounds like a deal!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

So let me get this right, anybody that doesn't think Florian is an easy fight for Nunes has "no sense"?

Camdemonium

This guy is something else. What makes me laugh is that it is EXACTLY the same type of statements as before he lost $1500. "No way this guy can lose. Trust me!" I may not have the best mma win loss record but I think I am still about $1500 ahead of this guy. I think Nunes might be a good play but no one is a lock. See GSP-Serra or better yet Tyson-Douglas.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

haha he bets 200 to win 20 on a dog and calls other people idiots

FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Im confident Kenny knows what hes doing, and also that Kenny is the best one to make such decisions. Hes not stupid, and likely has a top notch nutritionist, and hes had a decent layoff here to do it right. But maybe he should have consulted with donks first, I dunno. I think we see the best Kenflo yet. Nunes is no slouch, and is a very good wrestler, but not good enough to give Kenny much trouble imo. 7 inch reach advantage will be ridiculously good for Kenny too, he really uses it well when he has one.

12 Last