koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

All In Everybody On Schaub Over Big Nog In Rio?

I just can't see Nog winning. He's at a disadvantage everywhere except BJJ, which doesn't matter, since Schaub is pretty good at wrestling and scrambling to his feet. -200 seems like a fair price, although I know my boy, Vaughany, will get some sort of line of Schaub by TKO/KO or decision at +150. Lol

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know about an all in, but it's a good average size play for me. -200 is a little more than what I was hoping the line to come out at, but still not bad.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha Yeah I'll be hoping to get Schaub by TKO/KO at +125 or better as -200 is a bit too steep for me, was hoping he'd come out at -140 to -160 range and catch that but nevermind

Dave--M
    Dave--M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

yeh ill back him but like vaughny said -200 is too much

i think he will be +110 for the tko, thats what he was at against cro cop

im also liking hardy @ +110 and ben henderson @ +135

i hope beltran has some good odds aswel because hes got the heart of a lion chin of steel good hands and wrestling i think hes a lock

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave--M View Post
    yeh ill back him but like vaughny said -200 is too much

i think he will be +110 for the tko, thats what he was at against cro cop

im also liking hardy @ +110 and ben henderson @ +135

i hope beltran has some good odds aswel because hes got the heart of a lion chin of steel good hands and wrestling i think hes a lock
    Beltran should take it but I don't think his wrestling is very good, he couldn't take Pat Barry down afterall.

koscheckbaby

My weakness is I'm willing to take the juice. I would have gladly taken Travis Browne at -300. I gotta break that habit.

I do find myself grateful for the -200. Nog might be more finished than the Cop after these surgeries and past KOs and Schaub was just in the -300s against Mirko. -200 seems very fair.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

-200 for a fight 3 months out, no thanks.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

schaub is overrated as **** right now, it's unbelievable.

i'll take the legend. this is the definition of a 50/50 fight.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    schaub is overrated as **** right now, it's unbelievable.

i'll take the legend. this is the definition of a 50/50 fight.
    I agree that Schaub is a bit overrated. I mean, he's only beaten cans and guys past their prime. But Nog fits right into that category. Come on, Nog used to be a guy that could not be stopped. Now, he's lost consciousness in 2 of his last 3 fights. He's no longer durable. Standup wise, he has no head movement, speed, or KO power. Schaub has nothing to be concerned about in the standup. Nog's also going to be fighting for the first time in about 18 months!!! And in terms of getting this fight to the floor, Nog's takedowns were never great. Plus, Schaub showed even before his improvement that he was hard to hold down, as Roy Nelson and his big belly couldn't keep him down in the TUF finale.

This is a gift-wrapped fight for Schaub. I just hope he gets a step up after this and gets his ass KO'ed again.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

seriously dude, wake up. I dont mean to rant your ass but, have you watched ufc since nog vs tim sylvia? you cant get away with a statement like that. Is utterly utterly crap. thank you for listening. am out

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nog is done...Schaub will win just because he's in his "prime," whatever that is...

koscheckbaby

This is now my baby for the next month. I'm flirting with the idea of going extremely heavy on Schaub. Word is out that Nog is pushing his recovery to fight in Brazil. Junior Dos Santos has made it clear that Nog is not ready for this fight.

Come on, Chris Piece of Shit, I lost To Kalib Starnes Lucky Left Hook Leben just KO'ed a legend in Wanderlei Silva. There's nothing farfetched about Schaub, who is a decent fighter, steamrolling the washed up and battle worn Nog.

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Here's what i don't understand. The nogueira/cain velasquez fight was even odds. What exactly did we see in that fight that tells us that nogueira is done?

Nogueira has stated repeatedly that he honestly believed Cain would try to take him down, and he spent most of his time training for that fight with that mentality.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
    Here's what i don't understand. The nogueira/cain velasquez fight was even odds. What exactly did we see in that fight that tells us that nogueira is done?

Nogueira has stated repeatedly that he honestly believed Cain would try to take him down, and he spent most of his time training for that fight with that mentality.
    I understand where you're coming from. Your mindset is that Nog just lost to the best HW in the world. Why should he really lose much in the fan/bettors eyes?

It is just my opinion that Nog's recovery is gone. He got put out cold. That used to be his greatest strength, recovery. Now, it's no longer there. He has zero head movement or speed. He also lacks KO power for a heavy weight. On the other hand, Schaub is fast and has KO power. People reference the Couture fight as a sign Nog is still there. But let's be realistic. Couture landed a lot on him. Had it been a heavy-handed fighter or if Couture's chin wasn't more shot, Nog would have been in trouble. How does Nog win this fight? He doesn't have the skill to win. He can't take an asskicking anymore, find a way to pull guard, and score a submission. He just doesn't have that ability anymore. Can he go 15 minutes standing without being put out? I really doubt that, considering Schaub has solid KO power.

Also, keep in mind, Nog hasn't fought since February of 2010. He'll have been out a good 1.5 years. He's had multiple surgeries. Guys don't just get better at his age, especially with his fight history of abuse. They decline and decline fast.
    Last edited by koscheckbaby; 07-04-11 at 10:31 AM.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

It's gonna be Tito and Bader all over again....
    It's the ultimate fighter contestant/winner curse!

Do the right thing:
    Go big on Sexyama and make bank.

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    It's gonna be Tito and Bader all over again....
    It's the ultimate fighter contestant/winner curse!

Do the right thing:
    Go big on Sexyama and make bank.
    Really? Why Sexyama? Belfort will be considerably bigger and stronger, with an enormous standup edge. Couture talked about how Belfort was the strongest person he felt in the clinch. I find it hard to believe a natural WW like Akiyama is gonna judo toss him. The Mediocre Count picked Teh Sex apart. Shouldn't The Phenom put Akiyama out cold?

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Sexyama is one of the most overrated guys I've seen in the UFC. He legitimately should be winless in the UFC and looks less impressive with each fight he has. He is slow, has terrible cardio, and really doesn't have a drive to succeed in the UFC. He does have good power and a good chin, so I agree Belfort will have a tough time knocking him out.

But pulling a Homer Simpson and hoping Belfort gets tired of hitting him in the face is not the way Akiyama will win.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed with koscheckbaby. The essential character of Minotauro's game has always been his ability to absorb a ridiculous amount of punishment. That no longer applies.

Schaub isn't an elite heavyweight, but he can still put hands on a plodding Minotauro and hurt him. As a guy you have to favour against most higher tier heavyweights, sadly, Rodrigo is done.

RivaTrader
    RivaTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 418

btw, does anyone know whether the UFC Rio judges are going to be Brazilian or American?

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by RivaTrader View Post
    btw, does anyone know whether the UFC Rio judges are going to be Brazilian or American?
    They'll be the same horrible judges as usual. Whether it's american or brazilian, i don't know.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Agreed with koscheckbaby. The essential character of Minotauro's game has always been his ability to absorb a ridiculous amount of punishment. That no longer applies.

Schaub isn't an elite heavyweight, but he can still put hands on a plodding Minotauro and hurt him. As a guy you have to favour against most higher tier heavyweights, sadly, Rodrigo is done.
    Sadly this is another aging pride star that will get beaten by another young fighter, this look like a great bet for me and should end with an early KO/TKO

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post
    Sadly this is another aging pride star that will get beaten by another young fighter, this look like a great bet for me and should end with an early KO/TKO
    I thought the same about Tito and Bader too...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
    I thought the same about Tito and Bader too...
    Difference is Tito hasnt been a punching bag for past 3 fights, Tito was losing decisions.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I think schaub is in danger of loosing via submission in this one.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i really like schuab here too, he's in very little danger against nog becuase aside from pulling guard i dont see how he gets it to the ground.

Fiasco01
    Fiasco01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 962

I think Nog is worth a play here, Brendan has looked solid but I think the home field here might come into play. Not going to go heavy maybe 2u max and a hedge on Brendan by TKO...clearly I have a problem with gambling.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco01 View Post
    I think Nog is worth a play here, Brendan has looked solid but I think the home field here might come into play. Not going to go heavy maybe 2u max and a hedge on Brendan by TKO...clearly I have a problem with gambling.
    Having witnessed first-hand Hardy get KO'd by Condit and Hathaway get totally dominated for 3 rounds in London I'm not so sure that the "home-advantage" thing is that big an advantage! And the home advantage isn't going to miraculously improve Nog's ability to take a big punch - the crowd aren't going to energise him in to having head movement!

koscheckbaby

How about Franklin in Cincinnati against Silva or the numerous Las Vegas natives getting merked there? No such thing as homefield advantage in the fight game. It's just you versus your opponent in that cage.

Lusty_Argonian
    Lusty_Argonian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not touching this fight, it means too much for both fighters.

although if Nog reaches +320, PM me

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Nog always has the possibility of pulling a crafty submission... if the odds go up i might take him

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I'll gladly take Schaub at -200 here. Nog has declined quickly... and is likely to get TKO'd.

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    How about Franklin in Cincinnati against Silva or the numerous Las Vegas natives getting merked there? No such thing as homefield advantage in the fight game. It's just you versus your opponent in that cage.
    MMA in Brazil is a different ballgame than any fighter coming to their hometown anywhere else in the world imo...now that's not to say Schaub won't do some damage in this fight, but this fight is so far away atm and the best odds atm have him at -200...I'll pass on this fight now and probably entirely, but at least until we get closer to fight time.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Dana White tried to get Nog to retire after the Cain loss, even he knows he's just gonna keep get knocked out by anybody with half decent stand-up and power

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Nog is gonna get tkoed

12 Last