Dave--M
    Dave--M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Recent shane carwin video LOOKS SMALL

hes finished

lost 30pounds

thats gotta massively affect his punching power, i doubt he cant 1 pot shot jds now, whos shown a very good chin

if i win well on ufc 130 ill be backing jds big

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

Wow what a difference no juice makes on size....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Dave--M View Post
    hes finished

lost 30pounds

thats gotta massively affect his punching power, i doubt he cant 1 pot shot jds now, whos shown a very good chin

if i win well on ufc 130 ill be backing jds big

ha "Doubt he cant 1 pot shot JDS"... so this means you think he can?!

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't go so far as to say he's finished! If it helps make him be quicker and have better cardio then it could be a good thing. I didn't think he'd be able to 1 pot shot JDS anyway, his route to winning for me would be through GnP which would still be difficult. But bare in mind that punching power isnt completely based on size - is also based on technique and velocity. If losing 30lbs means he has more agility and can generate more movement and quicker movement in his hips then he'll still be powerful.

Shane
    Shane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The weight loss (may or may not be a good thing), the recovery from surgery, and general ring rust are all reasons to stay away from this one.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the weight loss is going to be good for Carwin in the long-term, but right now I don't think it's the right play for such a big fight.

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't go so far as to say he's finished! If it helps make him be quicker and have better cardio then it could be a good thing. I didn't think he'd be able to 1 pot shot JDS anyway, his route to winning for me would be through GnP which would still be difficult. But bare in mind that punching power isnt completely based on size - is also based on technique and velocity. If losing 30lbs means he has more agility and can generate more movement and quicker movement in his hips then he'll still be powerful.
    I agree with this guy. With less muscle he might sacrifice some strength but hell gain in speed as well as conditioning. Smaller muscles = less oxygen used.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Hes still gonna be way slower then jds but now he won't be much stronger than him.

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow you guys are like way more observant than me or something. im gonna be honest.... he looks the same to me lol.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's juiceless

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16860

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

Unfortunately, it's the sort of direct pressure those muscles create that he'll need to muscle Junior to the cage and the ground. I find it bizzare that almost the entire dialouge of the fight consists of capping a Muay Thai match. Never mind that this an MMA match between a Div II wrestling hall of famer and an undefeated kickboxing champion (if you believe Ed Soares).

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Carwin is gonna get beat down.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Hopefully it helps his cardio...

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

the weight loss can only be a plus in the fight with dos santos... hopefully his speed and stamina can increase dramatically without effecting his power