koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

Howcome The Hieron-Hawn Line Is So Close?

Isn't Hieron more than Hawn can chew this early to his career? Hawn's a judoka with limited standup. I don't see a big strong wrestler like Hieron getting thrown around and losing a decision from his back. Standup wise, Hawn isn't in Hieron's league at this point. I thought he clearly lost to Lyman Good. The thing about Good is he has no power in his strikes. With Hieron, Hawn will be in danger of being KO'ed when he gets tagged.

Personally, I felt Hieron lost to Weedman, but I think that's irrelevant here, since stylistically Hawn can't pose the type of threat to him that Weedman did.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    Isn't Hieron more than Hawn can chew this early to his career? Hawn's a judoka with limited standup. I don't see a big strong wrestler like Hieron getting thrown around and losing a decision from his back. Standup wise, Hawn isn't in Hieron's league at this point. I thought he clearly lost to Lyman Good. The thing about Good is he has no power in his strikes. With Hieron, Hawn will be in danger of being KO'ed when he gets tagged.

Personally, I felt Hieron lost to Weedman, but I think that's irrelevant here, since stylistically Hawn can't pose the type of threat to him that Weedman did.
    I just saw the line and it looks off to me, anyone else have any information?

darko3131
    Update your status
    darko3131's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You talked me into a small bet on Hieron. GL

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

is this 3 or 5 rounds?

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's why he's undervalued. He's still -129 on pinnacle and I think it's a great play.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    is this 3 or 5 rounds?
    3 rounder

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    That's why he's undervalued. He's still -129 on pinnacle and I think it's a great play.

i saw it at 5 dimes originally.....i agree that the weedman fight may have skewed the odds.....

looked to me also like hieron lost....he looked very beatable...

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i saw it at 5 dimes originally.....i agree that the weedman fight may have skewed the odds.....

looked to me also like hieron lost....he looked very beatable...
    Weedman's legit. Guy even subbed Douglas Lima, who is tearing shit up in MFC

rocky mattioli

they haven`t announced the decision...but i think we now know why the odds were close...hieron`s overrated...

koscheckbaby

Sorry guys. I didn't know Hieron was such a scared pussy standing. Hawn looked like shit and was flinging bombs Leonard Garcia style. Yet, Hieron stopped picking him apart and just started retreating and eating shots the last 2 rounds. The first round seemed like it'd be an easy Hieron win

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

shitty fight, I guess that round 2 take down won Hieron the decision. I would have gave it to Hawn even though I had money on Hieron.

rocky mattioli

Sorry guys. I didn't know Hieron was such a scared pussy standing. Hawn looked like shit and was flinging bombs Leonard Garcia style. Yet, Hieron stopped picking him apart and just started retreating and eating shots the last 2 rounds. The first round seemed like it'd be an easy Hieron win

you got the money,partner...that`s all that matters...hieron has a pretty solid reputation...but appatrently fighting in the amaller promotions isn`t quite the same as fighting in the big show.....he faded vs weedman also....

or,maybe hawn is better than we think?.....imo,hieron lost his last two in reality..

whichever,you put your money where your mouth is and brought it home....congrats on the win.....glad you got there......

koscheckbaby

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    you got the money,partner...that`s all that matters...hieron has a pretty solid reputation...but appatrently fighting in the amaller promotions isn`t quite the same as fighting in the big show.....he faded vs weedman also....

or,maybe hawn is better than we think?.....imo,hieron lost his last two in reality..

whichever,you put your money where your mouth is and brought it home....congrats on the win.....glad you got there......
    Thanks. It feels like a loss though. Hawn should have been an easy matchup for him. Hieron has years more experience striking. Hawn just recently got into MMA from a judo background.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Hawn should have gotten the nod b/c he landed the bigger cleaner shots in the 2nd and 3rd and pressed the action the entire fight. Heiron looked sharp in the 1st, but backpeddled and faded. The line was set about right, but I feel the wrong man won. The smart play was definitely with Hawn.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Hieron had a broken nose from the month before against weedman. Re broke it in the hawn fight. I thought Hawn won and I had a lot of Hieron. Im finally on the right side of a bad decision.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

yea i thought Hawn won, too bad for him losing out on the 100K

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I wasnt gonna touch this fight. But the fact that Hieron got the weedman decision, and all the other bullshit that goes on in bellator made me think Hieron was gonna get the decision in a close fight.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hieron seemed to be doing his best Shane Mosley impression during the last round. Hawn deserved the win, and for once I'm surprised that the judges didn't agree. They generally seem to enjoy rewarding the guy who's pushing forward.