Firefox14
    Firefox14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Prop Question

Little help here guys. Thinking of placing a bet on who wins the inside distance between GSP and Shields. To my amazement, GSP is +125??? Am I missing something? Anyway, can anyone clarify what this exactly means?

For example: Let's say GSP connects on 15 out of 20 punches while Shields connects on 1 out of 20; but then Shields manages to knock him out. Would Shields then win the inside distance?

Also, if Shields dominates the ground game, this isn't the inside distance correct? I just want to clarify so I'm EXACTLY sure, as I'm fairly confident the ground game doesn't include the inside distance and if Shields was to pull off the knockout, he would win the inside distance regardless if GSP landed an absurd amount of punches. Thoughts?

ufcmma36
    ufcmma36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Inside the distance is vs. Going the distance. So if you take GSP inside distance that means he must win via KO/TKO or SUB opposed to going to the judges scorecards
    Points Awarded:

Firefox14 gave ufcmma36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Firefox14
    Firefox14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

That makes more sense. I bet they get a lot of people to immediately place that bet thinking it's free money. Pretty confusing. Thanks.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox14 View Post
    That makes more sense. I bet they get a lot of people to immediately place that bet thinking it's free money. Pretty confusing. Thanks.
    I doubt most people are thinking about it the way you are. After rereading your post I'm still not sure what you mean.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ufcmma36 View Post
    Inside the distance is vs. Going the distance. So if you take GSP inside distance that means he must win via KO/TKO or SUB opposed to going to the judges scorecards
    This is correct.

Also disqualifications count at most books.