PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Frank Edgar vs. Gil Melendez

Kinda strange that BetUs already has a line when there hasn't been so much as a rumor of this fight taking place. Also a little surprised that Melendez is the favorite.

Edgar -110
    Melendez -130

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Id take edgar.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Seems retarded to offer tht line...unless they know something we don't! If Edgar wins he'll be facing Pettis after beats Guida so any potential fight against Gil wouldnt be till 2012!

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I would be rooting for Melendez. Much more exciting than Edgar or Maynard imo.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

it's basically an angle for an interest free loan until the cancel date.

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Seems retarded to offer tht line...unless they know something we don't! If Edgar wins he'll be facing Pettis after beats Guida so any potential fight against Gil wouldnt be till 2012!
    Not retarded for BetUs, they get to hold retard's money until 2012!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    Not retarded for BetUs, they get to hold retard's money until 2012!
    ha yes good point...let me re-phrase... would be retarded to place a bet!

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

who do you guys like petttis or edgar?

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    who do you guys like petttis or edgar?

uh? I think Edgar and Pettis have to win before we could even have this discussion. Their next fights could change many opinions on who would win.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Quote Originally Posted by xelance View Post
    uh? I think Edgar and Pettis have to win before we could even have this discussion. Their next fights could change many opinions on who would win.
    so, who do you like pettis or edgar?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    so, who do you like pettis or edgar?
    haha Either by split-decision!

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I'd throw down money on Melendez!

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

i really believe that gray maynard at +odds in the next edgar fight is worth a look....

edgar`s established his style....he`s a will-o-the-wisp fighter now....a technical boxer with quick hands and feet(and he`s damned good at it)...his wrestling has become an afterthought...

i think maynard`s gonna make this as ugly a brawl as possible....he`s much stronger...has much more one punch power...edgar is much quicker...a much better boxer....

i think maynard closes distance and has to do damage early to slow edgar down....i think he looks at the first fight again...in the second he allowed it to become a boxing match...and if he`s smart,he now knows not closing distance is a losing proposition...

i`m more of an edgar fan...i admire what he`s accomplished by becoming such a fantastic little boxer.....it was beautiful watching him school penn....but,i hope the odds go up a little more...cause i just have a gut that maynard comes through here...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 04-17-11 at 04:23 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    i really believe that gray maynard at +odds in the next edgar fight is worth a look....

edgar`s established his style....he`s a will-o-the-wisp fighter now....a technical boxer with quick hands and feet(and he`s damned good at it)...his wrestling has become an afterthought...

i think maynard`s gonna make this as ugly a brawl as possible....he`s much stronger...has much more one punch power...edgar is much quicker...a much better boxer....

i think maynard closes distance and has to do damage early to slow edgar down....i think he looks at the first fight again...in the second he allowed it to become a boxing match...and if he`s smart,he now knows not closing distance is a losing proposition...

i`m more of an edgar fan...i admire what he`s accomplished by becoming such a fantastic little boxer.....it was beautiful watching him school penn....but,i hope the odds go up a little more...cause i just have a gut that maynard comes through here...
    Have to agree with u Rocky. Frankie is my favorite fighter so I should be biased, but I just don't get why he is suddenly now a -130 to -145 favourite when goin into their last fight he was +143 to +110 underdog!? Despite being a Edgar nuthugger I truly think he was extremely lucky to get the draw in that fight as the first round should of been at least a 10-8 in favour of Maynard. Maynard then got complacent and went lookin for the one punch finish which cost him points in rnds 2 and 3. I actually think Maynard will be a lot smarter in this fight and look for more takedowns to steal rounds, I doubt tht we'll see a similar first round beatdown as Frankie will be more prepared for it and smarter this time (which may well be why he's favoured this time). Also I realise tht Frankie proved tht he can also take Maynard down which may be why he is now the favourite as before tht fight most wer expecting Maynard to be the better wrestler. I just think this should be a lot more closer to Evens either side as at the end of the day Maynard still has a dominating win over Edgar and a draw where he did considerably more damage throughout.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post

How much do you think the round one pummeling of Edgar took out of Maynard in the first fight? I think it really affected Gray's shots in the subsequent rounds; I've never seen him look so sluggish when shooting a double.

It's impossible for me count Edgar out after everything he's accomplished, but I'm leaning towards Maynard by decision in the rematch. I think it might look like an extended version of their first fight.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    How much do you think the round one pummeling of Edgar took out of Maynard in the first fight? I think it really affected Gray's shots in the subsequent rounds; I've never seen him look so sluggish when shooting a double.

It's impossible for me count Edgar out after everything he's accomplished, but I'm leaning towards Maynard by decision in the rematch. I think it might look like an extended version of their first fight.
    ha yeah just pretty much answered ur question and agreed with ur thoughts in my post above before I saw ur post...I defo think Maynard's first round blitz affected his game plan and energy. Maynard by decision is what Im leaning to as well as the -250 to -300 for fight to go distance doesnt seem worth it.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's hard to tell much from the first fight really. Maynard gassed himself out in the first, but who knows how much damage Edgar actually took. Edgar recovered, but he didn't fully recover and it's hard to say how much the damage affected him throughout the fight. I was on Edgar in the first fight. I'm kind of surprised to see Edgar opening as the favorite this time after being the underdog last time. Had Edgar come out as a dog again I'd make the play for sure, but Maynard as the dog changes everything.

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I'm hesitant to go with Maynard because of the vast improvements Edgar makes from one fight to the next. He looked like a completely different fighter (in terms of dominance) in the bj rematch, I think we'll see more of the same in the 3rd Maynard fight.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

They may as well open lines for Maynard vs Melendez, Pettis vs Melendez too.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    They may as well open lines for Maynard vs Melendez, Pettis vs Melendez too.
    Yeah. Might as well open up a line for Velasquez/Overeem while they're at it. Plebs.

thesox0311
    thesox0311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

If this did happen i would love Edgar at that line

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

speaking of retarded wagers, betus also has a line on whether the following strikeforce fighters will have a fight in the ufc prior to dec. 31, 2011:

nick diaz +300
    alistair overeem +700
    dan henderson +450
    fedor emelianenko +500

seems to me this is a no-win proposition. dana white has pretty much stated that strikeforce fighters won't be fighting in the ufc while there is a tv contract with showtime. and i believe the tv deal is in place until 2012.

too bad they dont have a line for whether these fighters wont fight in the ufc prior to 2012.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

betus isnt going to pay either way so they can make all the fake lines they want.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    betus isnt going to pay either way so they can make all the fake lines they want.
    lol. yea i've heard this as well.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

betus is garbage

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    BetUS is a scum book. Don't bother putting any money there. If you hit there openers (even when they are copying openers from bookmaker or 5dimes) and they dont like the action they're handling, they will cancel your wagers.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I would take Edgar if it did happen. Until Strikeforce fighters come over and prove they can fight with the best in the biz, im not putting no $ on one beating a top ufc guy