kball15
    kball15's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOXING Picks for this Weekend April 8-9

I like the OVER 6.5 Rounds in the RUBIO-LEMUIEX fight. I think Lemuiex has a good shot at blowing Rubio out in the first round, but if Rubio gets through that I see this one going deeper into the fight. Rubio is a TOUGH ************.

Pavlik had all kinds of trouble trying to find his chin.

Rubio keeps his guard up high and knows when to move away. Lemuiex is too young to know to deal with a guy that won't go anywhere when he hits them. He is too confident in his power to realize that some guys just won't go down, as are most young KO artists.

So we'll see. Lemuiex's power is explosive enough that its a questionable play, but i happen to like it.

-----

I also like Katsidis-Guerrero over 10.5 Rounds. I dont see either guy going anywhere. Marquez stopped Katsidis but he's much better then Guerrero. Guerrero is a dangerous puncher but he ALWAYS lets guys off the hook.

A late round stoppage is possible by either guy but Katsidis is tough enough that he can weather some storms.

I also like KATSIDIS over GUERRERO. Just in case the over doesnt hit. Its a +200 bet that i feel should be like +120 or something like that. Its a good price

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

using adamek vs jabba the hut under 9.5 as parlay fodder with something....mcbride retired in 2007 only to come back and lose to a stiff,lose in prizefighter and the guy is apparently collecting checks....

he`s huge but i`m not sure at 285 that the guy can shadow box for 9.5...paricularly vs a talented boxer/puncher like adamek....

mike mollo stopped mcbride early......and an older than the beatles(the lifeform,not the group) golota stopped him early....

speed kills....so does lack of conditioning...

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33438

Congrats on the Lemieux/Rubio bet. Rubio took what Lemieux had to give him...

I can't believe the fight was stopped with such little time left in the round. I thought Rubio had no chance here.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

yea rubio was blocking extremely well.