Joweman
    Joweman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joweman's MMA Picks

Been Gambling MMA ever since a 50 $ bet on George roop to beat Jung as a major dog. Mostly only made a pick or 2 per event and have gained a bankroll so I'm starting to get more serious about it and decided I'd join in on this forum because a lot of you guys give very good advice. Here are ome Plays i've locked in over the last few days

Melendez wins by 5 round decision +130 (1X)
    -Should be able to outbox Kawajiri as long as he doesn't get lulled into a slugfest but I think him being alittle weary of a takedown will make him more tentative and if he wins it will be on points. Oh yah and Kawajiri is a tough SOB.

Tatsuya "Crusher" Kawajiri +205 (1X)
    -Heavy hands and good wrestling. He should defenitly not be the favorite but at this line I had to throw something down. My only delema was did i want to cheer for Melendez Dec or for Kawajiri

Diaz wins inside distance +120 (1X)
    -Still waiting on diaz by Sub but had to lock this in

Nelson/Mir goes the 3 round distance +180 (2X)
    With Nelsons head head and Jitz and Mirs lack of wrestling I don't see Mir finishing him. My only concern is if one of them has way better cardio then the other but still great value in this bet

Still looking for more picks can't decide if i want to take Saad Ewad at +140 because I just really dislike Joe Duerte haha. I can't pull the trigger because I really see Joe trying to close the distance and fight from the clinch and from top position
    Last edited by Joweman; 04-07-11 at 11:30 AM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Welcome to the forum dude and good picks I'll be takng Nelson/Mir to decision as well or Nelson by decision.

Joweman

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Welcome to the forum dude and good picks I'll be takng Nelson/Mir to decision as well or Nelson by decision.
    Yeah I really like nelson to be able to press Mir against the fence and have the takedown threat which should translate to having an edge standing and pinning mir down with his fat belly when he gets the Takedown. I took the bet above though mainly because I think that I should be able to Arb out or something.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the forum, pal.

Smart picks, though I'd personally opt for Kawajiri by decision. It's at +417 on 5dimes right now.

LayingThe$Down
    LayingThe$Down's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am new here, too, but just want to say it's good to have you posting on the forum.

I love the Nick inside distance bet, the Melendez bet, and I also think Big Country beats Mir. I just wish Mir/Roy was up on Bodog already so I can take Roy straight up.

Next week I am opening a Bookmaker account.....damn sick of waiting so long on Bodog to put out lines.

Anyway, sorry for griping in your thread! Good luck this weekend!

Joweman

Yeah bodog is the absolute worst for opening their lines for most sports but they ussually have one or 2 dog prices that are way better then other sites so if you like that particular dog they can be good. For example I got Dennis Siver at 4.15 for his fight against George Sot and threw a little on siver by Dec at 10.0 on bodog. I thought Siver's best chance was a tko but Siver wasn't going to submit George or pound him out on the ground very easily so i saw tremenous value in it.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post

Smart picks, though I'd personally opt for Kawajiri by decision. It's at +417 on 5dimes right now.
    +550 at bodog

Joweman

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post

That is some great value especially because i see this going 5 rounds

Joweman

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    +550 at bodog

Kawajiri by Dec +550 (.2X)

Joweman

Chandler -115 (3X)

Joweman

Strikeforce

Bellator
    Chandler -115 (3X)

Joweman

Quote Originally Posted by Joweman View Post
    Strikeforce

Bellator
    Chandler -115 (3X)

Strikeforce: -.8

Bellator: +2.6

Overall :+1.8

Wish I hadn't been too busy with papers to Cap these fights and get more bets but atleast chandler put me in the positive