Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

UFC Fight Night: Night of the Pink Hamsters

UFC: Night of the Pink Hamsters

The eighth season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ is already upon us. It seems like just yesterday that Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar were slugging it out in the UFC’s self proclaimed most important fight ever in season one. Leading up to the season premiere, fans will be treated to a live Fight Night on Spike TV at 8 PM. YIPPEE!!

Nate Diaz -210
    Josh Neer +170

I haven’t liked Nate Diaz (9-2-0) from the first moment that I saw him on ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ season five. His whiny pitched lisp and wanna-be thug mentality make him a whole lot of fun for me to root against. Unfortunately, that has never worked out well for my wallet.

Diaz is a student of the Gracies fighting styles, and as expected, wins a large majority of his fights with a submission. When Manny Gamburyan dislocated his shoulder in ‘TUF’ finale against Diaz, I called it an unlucky fluke, since Manny was beating him pretty good up to that point. I cried Ed Hochuli for such misfortune. But the truth of the matter is, Diaz may have eventually won that match anyways. He seems to excel when on his back with his opponent attempting to gain full control. Right when you think you are gaining an advantage, you’ll find yourself being asphyxiated between Diaz’s sweet thighs. Very dangerous.

His opponent, Josh Neer (24-6-1) is no stranger to the Diaz family. He was submitted by Nate’s older brother, Nick, in August of ’06. After that loss, Neer fought outside of the UFC against lesser fighters, going 6-1. He then returned to face Din Thomas in August ’08. Thomas has won 13 matches by submission, so he also knows how to make you tap. Neer was able to avoid Thomas’ efforts and earn a unanimous decision victory in that bout. Perhaps Neer has learned how to handle the Diaz family.

This gives me reason to believe that I won’t have to sit through yet another Diaz victory interview. Four times I have had to witness Joe Rogan interview Nate Diaz after a victory. Each time I am left with bloody ears and a confused look on my face that lasts a week. Tonight, Josh Neer ends that. With a nickname like “The Dentist”, Neer will extract what’s been paining me.

The UFC girls are not impressed

Clay Guida -175
    Mac Danzig +145

Never let it be said that Clay Guida (23-6-0) doesn’t produce exciting fights. Two of his recent losses to Tyson Griffin and Roger Huerta were some of the most entertaining bouts I’ve ever seen in the Octagon. The long-maned wild man seems to invent new moves as he goes along. He could be jumping on top of you or doing a backspin on your chest. I am a huge fan. The problem is, he just can’t seem to finish a guy off when he has him down.

My wife has a theory that his hair constantly falling in front of his eyes might be one reason for this. As silly as that sounds, she might be onto something. Guida calls himself “The Carpenter”. I’m hoping one day he changes it to “The Barber”.

Cut that hair

The enigmatic Mac Danzig (19-4-1) won the sixth installment of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’. He was by far the most experienced contestant on the show, and a heavy favorite throughout. He handled slugger Tommy Speer with ease, and has since defeated Mark Bocek. Having watched him on the show, I know that he exudes confidence almost to the point of controlled cockiness. I feel this will be the fight of the night. Sadly for Guida, I think it will be yet another highly entertaining loss.

Ed Herman -235
    Alan Belcher +185

One redhead victory down (we call them “Pink Hamsters” in this house) another one to go. Ed Herman (16-5-0) is yet another ‘TUF’ alum, losing in the finals of the third season to Kendall Grove. He is 3-3 overall in the UFC, coming off a loss to the up-and-coming Demian Maia. He needs a win desperately.

Alan Belcher (11-4-0) has also tasted defeat at the hands of Grove. What stands out though, is his last fight where he was was TKO’d by Canadian fighter Jason Day. Day was a late replacement, and has since been annihilated by Michael Bisping. Not a good sign.

When asked about his opponent, Herman said “He’s in trouble. I’m healthy and in the best shape of my life.” I believe him. Another victory for the Pink Hamsters.

Pink Hamster Night

Houston Alexander -260
    Eric Schafer +210

Houston Alexander (8-3-1) is coming off two straight losses to Thiago Silva and James Irvin. The Irvin fight tied a dubious mark of quickest knockout in the UFC, lasting only eight seconds. Sure that’s embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as stalking a married couple in your internet videos wearing nothing but goggles. But that’s a different story for a different time.

Eric Schafer (11-3-2) is coming off two losses to Bisping and Bonnar. His last fight against Bonnar was almost a year ago. He definitely looks like a “patsy” matchup to get Alexander back on track. The problem is, Schafer has a three inch height advantage on his opponent, and Alexander has never really impressed me. He is gaining a reputation for having a glass chin. Most importantly, Schafer’s nickname is “Ravishing Red”. And on Pink Hamster night, that is pretty important. Take a shot with the good value pick…Schafer.

Houston, you have a problem

Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-07-14 at 04:19 PM. Reason: add front page link

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Your write up was good and entertaining. I have to say that I also do not like Diaz. As much as I want to see him lose, I just don't know that he will. Guida is one of my favorites and I want to see him win over another fighter I dislike in Danzig. A strong breeze to the chin of Alexander may knock him out. However, with this thing in Nebraska they are serving him a creampuff that he can highlight reel.

Bread
    Living corpse

Hoff....If Dias can get beat down it will make the night well worth it. I am willing to go 1-3 to see that tool lose.

Is it wrong that I wish I could fight him? I'd probably lose to a kid half my size....that would suck.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Best of luck to the Pink Hamsters

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bread I will start a Boycott..if ...MMA Robyn...does not do the next write-up!

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eric Schafer +210? WOW...

This is a steal... This fight will go to the ground where Houston will get Tapped..
    Last edited by I.R.B; 09-17-08 at 09:41 AM.

Bread
    Living corpse

bmw you can't give a woman a pen. It could be deadly.

Just a spatula.

And a pillow to bite on.

Bread
    Living corpse

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Rich Biatch View Post
    Eric Schafer +210? wow
    I'm all about trying to see a patsy take out a big favorite setup by the UFC to win in their hometown. Be it Bisping in London, Lesnar in Minneapolis or Houston tonight in Nebraska.

I.R.B

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    I'm all about trying to see a patsy take out a big favorite setup by the UFC to win in their hometown. Be it Bisping in London, Lesnar in Minneapolis or Houston tonight in Nebraska.

This is my best bet for tomorow... Houston is like a fish out of water when the fight hits the ground... Mind you Schafer anit no slouch on the mat...

Witch fight are you swing to more for a best bet?

Bread
    Living corpse

Best bet is Herman. I think he will make quick work of his opponent.

One I'm most looking forward to is Guida-Danzig. Should be another Guida classic. Guy makes for fun fights.

I.R.B

Thats for sure, to bad he almost always ends up on the losing side of things...

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

yea if it gets to the ground schfer would have the advantage, i doubt it gets there or stays there. Schfer is no Thiago Silva! Alaxander will manhandle schafer (he gets tired fast) won't be able to take Houston down. Bisping a guy with no where near the strenght of alexander pushed schfer around. This KO will be brutal IMO.

Bread
    Living corpse

Guida down to -130 on the Greek for the Clay backers.

bmw530i

Bread I like Mac Danzig tonight +130...
    Last edited by bmw530i; 10-01-08 at 10:42 PM.

Bread
    Living corpse

I likes him too Beamer.

I'm tired of ALMOST winning on Guida.

Robyn
    Robyn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bmw530i View Post
    Bread I like Mac Danzig tonight +130...
    bmw, this is my favorite pick, too. Danzig is very focused. In the past few fights I have seen, his intensity lasted throughout. Guida typically comes out with guns blazing, but seems to fall apart in the third round.

I think this fight will go all three rounds but the decision will go to Danzig.

Robyn

Yay Pink Hamster Balls!!!!

Bread
    Living corpse

Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!

Pink Hamster Balls 1-0~~~!!!!

The HOFF

Nice call Bread.

The HOFF

Looks like they wasted ink on Alexander's recent contract.

Bread
    Living corpse

Yea...he started out so good in that fight....I don't know what's wrong with him.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Yea...he started out so good in that fight....I don't know what's wrong with him.
    He needs to go to a different camp and learn what to do on the ground.

Bread
    Living corpse

Well yea there is obviously that. He got smacked around down there.

Deja vu

bmw530i

hahahah 1-0 pink hamster balls I love it

Bread
    Living corpse

1-1 Pink hamster balls

2 nice dogs hitting.

The HOFF

Guida no doubt.

Bread
    Living corpse

Yea...the Pink Hamsters failed me on the whole tonight.

If Diaz loses, it will all be worth it.

KNOCK THIS WHINY LISPED PUNK OUT!!!!

Robyn

Booooo!!!!!!!!!

Bread, your picks SUCKED!

The HOFF

Main event sucked! I think Diaz is borderline retarded. What the hell was he talking about after the fight?

I.R.B

Hahahaha... I new Houston was a no good...!!!

Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Main event sucked! I think Diaz is borderline retarded. What the hell was he talking about after the fight?
    Hoff, no doubt Diaz is semi-retarded.

Are you watching the first episode of the new season of TUF right now? Guida's brother was fatting out while trying to cut weight. Since the show was taped a few months ago, perhaps that's why Guida tried extra hard to win the fight tonight.

Bread
    Living corpse

I had to suffer through yet ANOTHER Diaz-Rogan interview.

My ears! My goddam ears!!!!!!!

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Is Richard Gere BEHIND naming the pink hamsters?

From the get go I thought of Richard Gere when I kept hearing about the pink hamsters.They were white before he made them crawl up his butt hole.

I.R.B

Wish i had a 5dimes account.. Would have parlayed Diaz & Schfner

bmw530i

Bread, the site here for me kept saying, taking to long won't respond, couldnt even watch any of the fight, my girl nows think im bangin somebody else, haha why are you going online again...spend time with me....from what I read it was a good tussle between Gouda and Danzig.

12 Last