MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

WrestleMania XXVII Predictions

WrestleMania XXVII

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
    This is the potential opener for the card. Rey Mysterio handpicked working with Cody Rhodes for WrestleMania. Rhodes is a young upcoming talent and this will be a nice push for him. They should continue to feud past WM, but this should be the first step for Rhodes.
    Winner: Cody Rhodes (-180)

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
    Normally WWE likes having the Champion lose on Raw/Smackdown and then win at the PPV. Sheamus won a Tag Team match over Bryan, but I think Sheamus gets the win. He was buried after he won King of The Ring, so I think this is his semi-push.
    Winner: Sheamus (-195)

The Corre vs. Kane, Big Show, Santino & Kozlov
    This match was added this past Monday. Not sure if a line will be put up, but The Corre should win. Santino picked up a victory over Justin Gabriel on Raw. The faces are a random team thrown together, so The Corre can get a decent win. They have championships with Barrett and Slater/Gabriel, so it makes the most sense for them to pick up a WM victory.
    Winners: The Corre

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
    This is a toss up for me. I am most unsure about this match. A month ago Orton punted away New Nexus members down to FCW. Punk will have nobody in his corner for the match. The past two weeks though Punk has taken the advantage. He took out Orton's knee two weeks ago and then got the upper hand this past Monday. Originally I thought Punk would win, but my vote goes to Orton.
    Winner: Randy Orton (-265)

John Morrison, Trish Stratus, & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & Lay-Cool
    This match is too easy. This might be one of the safest bets. WWE didn't pay however much money for Snooki to appear and wrestle, so she could lose. They wanted some coverage from outside media sources, so Team Snooki will pick up the victory.
    Winners: Team Snooki (-1275)

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole
    This will be Lawler's first WrestleMania match after being with the company for so long. Michael Cole is an announcer who has never wrestled. He has been drawing so much heat the past months, that his will be a big match for the fans. Everybody can't wait to see Cole get his ass kicked. Stone Cold will most likely give Swagger a stunner and possibly Cole. Lawler gets a deserved victory.
    Winner: Jerry Lawler (-1850)

Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
    Del Rio is the future of WWE. He has been pushed since Day 1. He won the Royal Rumble, where over 70% of the winners win the Championship. Del Rio should continue that trend and capture the title. He draws good heat and could have a good reign as champion. Christian will be in Edge's corner, but unlikely for him to turn on him. The feud will continue.
    Winner: Alberto Del Rio (-490)

The Undertaker vs. TripleH
    This match should be 2nd to last on the card. Shawn Michaels will have some part in this match, but I don't know what. Taker beat TripleH 10 years ago and WWE has not acknowledged it. They want to make this match have a feel of "The Last Outlaw" remaining between these two men. Taker has never lost at WrestleMania and he will end his career undefeated. I think WWE has made a nice attempt to have people believe TripleH has a shot, but history will continue.
    Winner: The Undertaker (-1050)

The Miz vs. John Cena
    This should be the main event on the card. WWE likes changing the titles at WM. The Rock will be involved in some form here. The Miz has had a decent title run, but the whole build up has been John Cena & The Rock. The Miz has been an afterthought. Originally I thought The Rock might "pass the torch" to Cena after the match, but after Monday's attack I think The Rock might lay him out post celebration. Either way the build up is all about Cena & The Rock, so the Miz won't win here.
    Winner: John Cena (-270)
    Last edited by MexicanStallion; 03-31-11 at 04:07 PM.

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

I like what your saying

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    I like what your saying
    Thank you. Nothing too exciting with all favorites, but that's what I see happening.

Pabinator

I myself am going with

Jerry Lawler = No way they let him get emberrased for months straight & let him lose. LOCK of the CENTURY

John Cena = Altho im very iffy after last monday, I still think in the end, he is there #1 Guy & they will reward him with the win

Del Rio = He's in way better shape & you cant mess with destiny! (Also LOCK)

MexicanStallion

I myself am going with

Jerry Lawler = No way they let him get emberrased for months straight & let him lose. LOCK of the CENTURY

John Cena = Altho im very iffy after last monday, I still think in the end, he is there #1 Guy & they will reward him with the win

Del Rio = He's in way better shape & you cant mess with destiny! (Also LOCK)
    Since I am on those picks of course I think you are in good shape. Let's cash and get some money and a few points too.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cena isn't winning.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Best of luck. I agree w/ all your picks here... but I still worry about Miz retaining.

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    Cena isn't winning.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion sir.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Best of luck. I agree w/ all your picks here... but I still worry about Miz retaining.
    Well parlay the rest and avoid Cena if it worries you. Glad you agree with the picks.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Thanks for sharing your opinion sir.

Well parlay the rest and avoid Cena if it worries you. Glad you agree with the picks.
    Have you seen the line movement on Miz?

MexicanStallion

Have you seen the line movement on Miz?
    Yes I have. I don't think of line movement when betting on fixed sports. Jerry Lawler opened at -5800. The Undertaker also opened up a huge number and has been dropping. Good luck though if you bet anything.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Yes I have. I don't think of line movement when betting on fixed sports. Jerry Lawler opened at -5800. The Undertaker also opened up a huge number and has been dropping. Good luck though if you bet anything.
    I would look at the line movement even more if I knew the outcome was fixed.

MexicanStallion

I would look at the line movement even more if I knew the outcome was fixed.
    True, but I don't see any reason for The Miz to win. It's just one pick of many though.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not really a fan of wrestling, but I'll take a shot at it with your picks. Any idea if it's standard for all/almost all of the favorites to win these?

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    Not really a fan of wrestling, but I'll take a shot at it with your picks. Any idea if it's standard for all/almost all of the favorites to win these?
    Well I don't know about standard and what not, because I believe WrestleMania is the only event they post odds for, but all the favorites should win. I plan on making some parlays to reduce some juice. The 3 above -1000 are close to a lock if there is such thing and should have no chance of losing. My least confident is Randy Orton, but I feel good about it.

Best of luck if you tail. Points or Money. Best of luck

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Regarding Cena vs. Miz - As MexiStallion said, the real story is The Rock vs. Cena and what will happen between them after the Miz-match (pun intended) is over. Surely the Rock will grab the mic and have something to SAY, right? Or no? If so, I think it'd make sense for him to belittle the "new champion" Cena as if Cena is really a fukin' loser and shouldn't believe himself to be a champion.

I should say that I've not seen any WWE at all lately except for the Rock's first speech where he came back. So I prolly don't know what I'm talking about. Someone let me know. =)

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    Regarding Cena vs. Miz - As MexiStallion said, the real story is The Rock vs. Cena and what will happen between them after the Miz-match (pun intended) is over. Surely the Rock will grab the mic and have something to SAY, right? Or no? If so, I think it'd make sense for him to belittle the "new champion" Cena as if Cena is really a fukin' loser and shouldn't believe himself to be a champion.

I should say that I've not seen any WWE at all lately except for the Rock's first speech where he came back. So I prolly don't know what I'm talking about. Someone let me know. =)
    I pretty much agree. I'm not really sure what will happen with The Rock, but something will happen. I like The Miz and I am a fan, but the build up has been Cena & Rock. Just my 2 cents.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

cena winning the belt isn't news. Him losing it because of the rocks is.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

@sideloaded - how will he "lose" it b/c of the Rock? You mean the Miz will retain b/c of the Rock, or Cena will win the belt but then get his ass kicked by Rock?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

@sideloaded - how will he "lose" it b/c of the Rock? You mean the Miz will retain b/c of the Rock, or Cena will win the belt but then get his ass kicked by Rock?
    You really think the rock is going to wrestle? It's never going to happen. He will interfere with cena and cause him to lose to the miz. thus keeping the feud going until the Rock's next movie starts filming.

MexicanStallion

You really think the rock is going to wrestle? It's never going to happen. He will interfere with cena and cause him to lose to the miz. thus keeping the feud going until the Rock's next movie starts filming.
    I'll make you a bet on Cena and Miz for points if you are interested. The Rock said he was more open to wrestling now that he has been back. I think he will have a match in a years time. Most likely next year WM in Miami.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

The Miz is a joke

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

CM Punk is the best heel. I think he wins it.

Pabinator

Im still thinking Cena is going to win! The good guy usually wins the main event at wrestlemania

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
    The Miz is a joke
    I am actually a fan of The Miz. He has made good strides from the beginning of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    CM Punk is the best heel. I think he wins it.
    I agree that Punk is a great heel. I would like to see him win, but I think Orton goes over.

Im still thinking Cena is going to win! The good guy usually wins the main event at wrestlemania
    I would agree with you I think Cena wins. The Miz just isn't in the picture with The Rock/Cena build up.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

i have a max bet on the miz at +300

MexicanStallion

i have a max bet on the miz at +300
    I will give you +300 for some points if you want a points bet.
    Points Awarded:

sideloaded gave MexicanStallion 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

I will give you +300 for some points if you want a points bet.
    sure heres 20

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

lots of steam on the miz

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Miz, Del Rio, Mysterio ftw.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    lots of steam on the miz
    I wonder why?

MexicanStallion

I wonder why?
    We will find out later tonight. Best of luck regardless

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not trying to knock you here Mexi but you got some pretty terrible odds on a lot of those. BOL though.

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Not trying to knock you here Mexi but you got some pretty terrible odds on a lot of those. BOL though.
    I know the odds are bad. I didn't place my bets yet. I wanted to get all my predictions though to share them. I will post my official plays later on here after The Reds game.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

Does anyone have the odds from last year and were they any surprises? Haven't watched wrestling in so many years already. I think the only prediction last year that was wrong was many people said Sheamus would beat triple h but he didn't. However, i recalled he was still the underdog though.

I know 5dimes have just $100 limits but can you bet $100 every time there is a line change? How many line changes has been there so far in these matches. Like for the Miz/Cena i heard there many line changes but can someone estimate how many there were? And if there were say 10, does that mean one could get $1000 wagered on it?

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Does anyone have the odds from last year and were they any surprises? Haven't watched wrestling in so many years already. I think the only prediction last year that was wrong was many people said Sheamus would beat triple h but he didn't. However, i recalled he was still the underdog though.

I know 5dimes have just $100 limits but can you bet $100 every time there is a line change? How many line changes has been there so far in these matches. Like for the Miz/Cena i heard there many line changes but can someone estimate how many there were? And if there were say 10, does that mean one could get $1000 wagered on it?
    I don't remember the odds from last year at all, so I can't really help you out there. Maybe an SBR Search will find some results.

There has easily been a ton of line changes. Don't know how much. Lawler opened at like -5700 and kept dropping. It has been easy to get a decent chunk on these matches.

123 Last