HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Boxing books for U.S. players with PROPS

I've heard 5dimes is one of the best, and looking at their live lines right now, they do look pretty good. Some props missing for big fights coming up though such as Arthur Abraham vs. Andre Ward - I'd like to bet specific outcome for that fight. Can someone who uses five dimes tell me if they often add props closer to fight time, or can I accept that props won't be for fights they currently have up for sides only?

And of course also: What books over the most PROPS for boxing for US customers? I like to make lots of straddle plays. (So for example "Ward to win the fight, and AA by KO")

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

Sportbet

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

5Dimes doesn't really list boxing props until the day of the fight.

AA/Ward will have every possible outcome available to bet. From Draw to Fight Starts Round 2 to Fighter A to win by DQ to Fight Will End In Round xx......

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

5dimes is best for props. Bodog's probably 2nd best. The Greek is very good for sides and totals, but they very rarely offer props.

HauntingTheHoly

@Ian - I have Bodog and I find their props totally unacceptable. First off, they only offer them on very big fights. Even decent middle of the road fights that are shown on showtime/hbo will often not have props. And even for the big fights the props are posted often as little as 10 hours or so before the fight. I could live with the second complaint, but I need to be able to bet props for as many fights as possible.

@iQon - Thanks for that info. How did you know 5dimes will have Ward/AA props? Is there a way to find out which fights they plan on listing future props for?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

5dimes/Sportbet are inconsistant with regards to when they will release props. I would be surprised if they dont offer the Ward/Abraham fight props but as Iqon sed it might not be until the week of the fight.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    @Ian - I have Bodog and I find their props totally unacceptable. First off, they only offer them on very big fights. Even decent middle of the road fights that are shown on showtime/hbo will often not have props. And even for the big fights the props are posted often as little as 10 hours or so before the fight. I could live with the second complaint, but I need to be able to bet props for as many fights as possible.

@iQon - Thanks for that info. How did you know 5dimes will have Ward/AA props? Is there a way to find out which fights they plan on listing future props for?
    If you go here http://lines.5dimes.com/livelines/livelines.aspx rather than log in and look at lines you can see lines they are planning on listing but don't have prices for yet.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Does anyone know who sets the lines for 5dimes mma?

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    If you go here http://lines.5dimes.com/livelines/livelines.aspx rather than log in and look at lines you can see lines they are planning on listing but don't have prices for yet.
    I never knew this. thanks.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

5dimes is pretty good, sometimes you have to wait untill the week of the fight to get the props but you do get them. For the last UFC card they also had live in fight betting, which is pretty cool. Hopefully they allow that feature to be used during boxing matches as well.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    5dimes is pretty good, sometimes you have to wait untill the week of the fight to get the props but you do get them. For the last UFC card they also had live in fight betting, which is pretty cool. Hopefully they allow that feature to be used during boxing matches as well.
    Wow, I missed out on that one. I'll definitely be getting in on the live lines next go around.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Quote Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly View Post
    As I said, Bodog is 2nd best. No other book has more boxing prop options than Bodog except for 5dimes.

HauntingTheHoly

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    As I said, Bodog is 2nd best. No other book has more boxing prop options than Bodog except for 5dimes.
    Ah, if that's true then 5dimes it is, eh? I've not made a deposit anywhere for like 3 years and hear it's extremely difficult now - I wonder how they feel about funding my account with $250 cash from the SBR store? I don't wanna get limited before the rollover is met.

JoshB
    JoshB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
    Wow, I missed out on that one. I'll definitely be getting in on the live lines next go around.
    They are avaliable during all UFC main events, not Strikeforce or Boxing though unfortunatly.